ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Run off the road.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I don't seem to have much luck with this car in general it seems:

Today, whilst going along my merry way, on a dual lane road (with bus lane), the nice fellow next to me decides he likes my lane better. With his music obviously too loud (could not hear me beep) he continues to move towards me.

There's a bus lane next to me, which I try to move over into, but there's a bus at the bus stop, this results in me braking hard and veering harshly left. I hit the kerb with the ABS spazzing out, luckily I must have lost some speed as I didn't hit it that hard, but my new soft-side-walled tyres don't do much and let me alloy take some punishment. (I'm going to get more tyres TONIGHT FFS) :(

Anyone that knows my car will know the alloys aren't just off the shelf in terms of paint, so this is going to be a pig to replace.

Pics and diagram below.

/seriouslypissedoffandinneedofasingleo.zf1

Diagram
FFS.jpg

Pics
photo7.jpg

photo6.jpg

Anyone got a spare f1 going cheap, paint not important :dapprove:

J

jakm15

Not nice but could have been worse, he could have done it later then you would have rear ended the bus.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I would have followed him until he pulled over and introduced his head to that alloy wheel!!!!

Did he stop? Did he f**k! I don't even know if he noticed.

If I coulda caught him, there would have been some row.

Not nice but could have been worse, he could have done it later then you would have rear ended the bus.

Realise it could have been a lot worse, but seriously, not what I need on a Thursday morning.

what a complete w****r! atleast your ok

Yeah I'm not alright, but my wallet is crying, this month I'd finally got my my spending in check. :(

New wheel: £how ever much CS lets me get it for
Painting it: I'm either going to do the black myself and have the green done, or have it all done, so between £20 and 70
New tyre fitted and balanced: £15
Having Magpie polish your car to make you feel better: Priceless.

x

VIICarCare

ClioSport Club Member
  255, 230, 172, R26
lol, by all means come on over :)

You'll have her looking great again soon enough! chin up, culda been soo much worse.

330i. E30 Touring.
Should be able to pick up a spare for about £20, mate.

Then £50-60 painted?

J

jakm15

No not what u need, was riding my motorbike work this morning when back end staryed going all over place. Had a flat, had to chuck it in one of vans and im going to do the same tonight get it home. Ive had a poo morning too :D

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Yeah I hope so Budge, was going to ask you if you still had the spare off the ph1 or if Vish had it?

I'm pretty good with a spray can, so may try it myself first, but I'll probably c**k it up... lol! Hopefully if I can just get it prep'd and sprayed black then someone else can do the green and lacquer.

Magpie, Budgie, thread full of birds this.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate, I had your bullets on and all was looking tasty, I'd even got rid of my knock, now I'll be lucky not to have killed something else suspension related!

If anyone see's a single o.z f1 come up for sale, let me know please.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
It could be, doesn't look to have damaged the wheel, but by the time I've fecked about with it, is it worth it????

You don't still have the spare from your ph1 do you Budge?

320d
Thats not good mate. People are so carless sometimes. Had a van do it to me yesterday actually, he didn't even notice.

Hope you get it sorted as easily as possible.

Low 'n' Slow
Don't buses these days have cctv on the outside of them? might be a long shot but could you not contact the bus company as they may have recorded the incident and cought the 'dickwads' number plate

Edit: it might just be around my area

Last edited:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Barum's are temp, picking up four toyo's tonight, which is why I'm so gutted as I wanted all four fitted :(

Tracking needed to be done anyways tbf (after all the balljoint/top mount issues I've had)

Decided I'm going to have the spare sprayed up for now and then source another spare.

Phase 1 Clio 172
truck drivers are bad for doing this i hate it why carnt people use there mirrors one made a mess of my first phase 1 RIP :(

P20-01-10_12192.jpg

P20-01-10_12192.jpg

P20-01-10_1328.jpg

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Still got any of those f1's? lol!!!

Shame to see that mate, I've now got two options, try to get one, without tyre, posted to NathJ in Wales who'll spray me one up to match, or paint my spare black myself, then a mobile guy will come around, spray the lip on and lacquer the b*****d.

I've just got to find out what colour green was used, which is proving to be an issue....

AGH the sl*g
look up a local paint place, they have match cards millions of them, they will match it up in no time dude, just a thought contact josh at cliospares he will have some f1's id imangine.

Phase 1 Clio 172
Na I sold all four when I bought the clio back off insurance mate but like rob just said take it down to s spray shop they will be able to match it even think some halfords do it now to ;)

Evo 8 MR
Last thing you should do is swerve, what if you'd have ploughed into that bus containing 15-20 passengers? Who would be the dickwad then?

Not trying to cause an argument but sounds to me like you should have slammed on and if that guy hits you or someone piles into your rear end it's their fault.

It's only natural to swerve out of the way but it makes you look the fool in the end.

M2 Competition
We dont live in a perfect world, but if i could see he was being a dickwad and moving over into my lane (which you could as you had time to beep and realise he couldnt hear you), id have swallowed my ego and slowed down and allowed him in :S

Clio's have pretty good brakes.

CLIO PH1 172
ffs u really do have no lick with this car do u. hope you get it all sorted at least this might make u finaly get the tracking done lol. glad ur ok and the cars not worse

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
wTF tyres are on that??

It had brand new Goodyears on it when you bought it! How fast do you drive?!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
They can't have been brand new Daniel-san, they only made 9k!!!! Most of my miles are London commute, so there's no way I've been killiing it! Tyres were dead cheap until something came up (like the four Toyo's I picked up tonight).

As for the "I should have slowed down" suggestion I did try, I was initally almost next to him, and Pep, my beep was as he was about 3inches away from me, already on the brakes, when it was clear he was about to hit me no matter what, I looked and swerved. The bus was parked in the bus lane, empty btw, it's like a mid way stop point or something for them.

I'd rather ruin an alloy than be hit by some guy, probably hit the bus anyway and him probably be uninsured (east London y0)