ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTUNER USERS ONLY..

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Hi Guys,

Have you noticed since remapping that on a cold start your car hunts for revs? When i say hunts, i mean it will fluctuate revs between 1-1500rpm up and down up and down? It still an improvement on the kangaroo, but i just wanted to be sure everyone else got this too? IF you havent noticed it, then dont reply until you check as i dont want false information.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Im running the 98ron map on my 172 cup, the revs on cold start sit bang on 1k rpm, no fluctuation at all TBQH

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
This is the one I think I am going to be having. What mods have you got mate?

Just an IK and the map at the moment, waiting on my Matched Inlets as well.

I have a de-cat and cat-back system and an ITG filter. Do you know the difference between the '98ron' and 'Group N' maps? Or am I getting confused and they're the same thing?? :S

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Not sure on the Group N TBH, I would imagine in basic terms its the "Sporty version".

i couldnt use the Group N as my ECU is the 7300cal and there is only the 98ron map for that software.

i couldnt use the Group N as my ECU is the 7300cal and there is only the 98ron map for that software.

I see... My car is at Birchdown at the mo, being fettled before Oulton next week...

What info do I need them to give me from it so that I know which map I can go for? VIN number, anything else??

Cheers, Baggers.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
No offence to you guys, but this thread was only for finding out if your car rev fluctuated. Basically my car will sit at 900rpm on hot start and on cold it will sit at 1500, and then idle at 900. But if when driving i put the clutch down when engine is still cold the revs will go up and down from 1500-1800 and then to 1000. Was wondering if this was what your did. Im running the group-n plus jul 98 ron cal.

No offence to you guys, but this thread was only for finding out if your car rev fluctuated.

Sorry mate, fair comment... :eek:

Free bump for GTRUK - anyone else had this issue? :dapprove:

Have you sent Henk a PM or email mate??

Megane 225
No offence to you guys, but this thread was only for finding out if your car rev fluctuated. Basically my car will sit at 900rpm on hot start and on cold it will sit at 1500, and then idle at 900. But if when driving i put the clutch down when engine is still cold the revs will go up and down from 1500-1800 and then to 1000. Was wondering if this was what your did. Im running the group-n plus jul 98 ron cal.

Mine does the same, tho not sure if it's meant 2! I might email Henk to find out?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive dropped henk an email, but from past expierience his replys take a while and i didnt want to bother him if this behaviour was normal.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Mine does the same, tho not sure if it's meant 2! I might email Henk to find out?

Well i thought it was normal to be honest, but was simply curious if anyone else had it. It got rid of the kangarooing and in order to do this it has to remove whatever restriction there was before and compensate with auto choke until engine is warm. But it seemed odd to me that it fluctuates rpm instead of being constant

@gtruk mine starts 50% at once and 50% after the second time (this is NOT a Rstuner fault but a Renault issue because of the immobiliser from the car) and than fluctuating 1200 till 800 Rpm after 2 minutes all is ok. Taking Ron 98 and running 6400-2a07 and the latest .cal file

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
@gtruk mine starts 50% at once and 50% after the second time (this is NOT a Rstuner fault but a Renault issue because of the immobiliser from the car) and than fluctuating 1200 till 800 Rpm after 2 minutes all is ok. Taking Ron 98 and running 6400-2a07 and the latest .cal file

How will the immobliser affect the engine when the engine is running and the immobliser disengaged? Its not a renault fault as im not running a renault map. When i had the renault map it never did it, when i remapped my car it started doing it. Go figure.

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hi Guys,

Have you noticed since remapping that on a cold start your car hunts for revs? When i say hunts, i mean it will fluctuate revs between 1-1500rpm up and down up and down? It still an improvement on the kangaroo, but i just wanted to be sure everyone else got this too? IF you havent noticed it, then dont reply until you check as i dont want false information.

Mate, mine does not do that, it seats at 1,500 for about 10 seconds after a cold start and then goes down up to a 1,000 after twenty seconds or so, then stays there flat and when really warmed up it idles at 850 rpms. However, It has done what you say every time I have taken the car to the shore and come back home (I leave in a city 2,200 meters above the sea level). But a good thrash when it does it takes the problem out. Hope this helps.

Mine is a 182 though, and has different software (8200)

Last edited:
  RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Mine doesnt do what i said it did when stationary...only when ive pulled away and come to a stop... just want to make that clear.

there has been a recalling from renault that some ph2 RS, when cold, won't start in first time but second time it does. The timing when you put in the key to unlock the car was too long....

This has been helped after new software provided by Renault. This doesn't have anything to do with Rstuner !!

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Well tonykart, im not talking about anything to do with the car not starting! Read my FIRST post which is talking about my revs going up and down AFTER THE CAR WAS STARTED AND DRIVEN A FEW MILES.

well mine does it also but not as much as you say...as quoted start up revs till 1200 up down and searching and than after short time normal till around 900 Rpm.

The thing I can imagine is that this is software used on the track...leaving pitlane and accelarating up to get the car on temp. and you will not have any problem because the car will never be in stationairey mode...For track-use it's great for road use also but the first 2 minutes it runns like sh#.

Clio Sport 172 ph1
No such problem in my Clio 172 ph1 CB0M with GroupN program and ron98.cal
Try disconecting battery for a few minutes when the car is cold, then start it and wait when it warms up till the radiator fan starts.
I know most of You think this metod to be to old to work but its no harm to try. I did it anyway aftrer the flash and no problems since.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Mine is using 6400, not sure about the other guys affected in this thread. Car is fine once warm, and fine when cold at a standstill. Its just once ive revved the car or moved away and come to a stop again that it will go up and down a few times. Sounds weird and looks weird. Im using grp N and it happened on all cal files feb/may/jul

Megane 225
Mine does exactly the same when running all Cal files (Ron98). And Yes Henk it's on the 6400 ---- map. Any idea what's causing it?

Megane 225
I will make some changes and put it on the site. Hope it helps.

Thanks Henk, great service as usual! You can disregard my email from wednesday then! If you could pm or email me when the new map has been uploaded I would really appreciate it!

Stuart

My trusty lil 182 :)
Mine does exactly this on a standard renault map, nothing when sat at standstill but when coming to a halt and dip the clutch revs drop to 1000 then fluctuate between there and 1200 a couple of times before settling at 1000...

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
i thought it was somewhat normal, but this is a little extreme as you can here the engine rev up and down quite a bit. Mine certainly didnt do this prior to mapping...it just stayed a constant high rpm and kangarooed :D Its not so bad in hot weather, its the colder days its done it. Thanks henk for looking into it though...will keep an eye on the site for any updates.

172 ph2
Mines not remapped but does exactly what you describe... never caused any problems. Only does it when it's cold.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
maybe then its something henk can add to the list of improvements he is adding to his maps? lol.

Skoda Fabia vRS
gtruk are you using 98 fuel in your 172, or 95 ?....a lot of people report less cold 'issues' when using V-Power etc

clio 2 rs2
Mine on CB1T and 6400.xxx does the same Gtruk.
After cold start, make time to find his 900rpm...
If there a futur improvement, i will try the new one, waiting....

Last edited:
  RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I wont get chance till try till tomorrow, maybe later, but any feedback from others would be great, Thanks Henk for taking this issue seriously.

Megane 225
I wont get chance till try till tomorrow, maybe later, but any feedback from others would be great, Thanks Henk for taking this issue seriously.

Thanks Henk! As usual ur support is top notch! I'll give this new map a go 2nite!

clio sport 2.0 16V 2002

Hi .)
this is exactly my problem.. First start is 50 % and second start is 100%.
pls which parts from immo make this problem? I felt change key but without effect :( Thx very much

there was a recall from renault...heared they reflashed the ecu. Unfortunately my previous owner did not used the recall procedure because he did not have the problem at that moment....

@all I did flash the new software from Henk, car was little warm and the car's ecu needs to be learned in so on thursday I will give a report.

First thing noticed is a steady start 950 Rpm at 65 degree waterTemp.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
I asked henk about the immboliser issue his response was this:

Something to do with the UCH. Not ECU software releated.

Regards,
Henk

Not sure what a UCH is, but mneans he can not fix that issue with this remap.

Megane 225
UCH Is the interior box which controls the electric windows etc. It's located near the fuse box! Renault can possible flash this, but the RS Tuner software doesnt support this!