ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTUNER USERS ONLY..

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Ive tried the new aug map. It has fixed the issue, but to be honest i think i preffered the previous map. Now when i start the car from warm it goes right to idle at 866. When i start from cold it goes right to 1200 for a while then down to 866. Doesnt sound quite as alive at 866 hot start :D Ill keep using it, will just take a while to adjust to it. Thanks henk

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
Remapping your own car...No shock there...Leave it to the pro's!

From what I've read / understand, the RSTuner doesn't let you 'live map' your own car - it allows you to upload a pre-programmed map, e.g. 'Group-N', yourself - rather than paying double for 'a pro' to do exactly the same...

Unless you live on 'the pro's' doorstep you are stuck if you have a problem post-remap, wheras with this you can email Henk and he sends / puts on his website new software... Saves long trips, days off work etc etc.

Nobody so far seems to have come on here and said 'the RSTuner is sheeeite, I wish I'd paid double for a 'pro' to do it!!'

Of course, please correct me if I am wrong... :)

Megane 225
With the software you can also record live data from the engine and send this to Henk. He can then make you a custom map for around £50 and email it back to you! Maps still made by a PRO, and it doesn't take a nuclear Physicist to upload it!

3.2 V6 4KEV, 944 Cab, 172
With the software you can also record live data from the engine and send this to Henk. He can then make you a custom map for around £50 and email it back to you! Maps still made by a PRO, and it doesn't take a nuclear Physicist to upload it!

Even better!! :D

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Remapping your own car...No shock there...Leave it to the pro's!
LOL, i didnt remap my car. henk did, i just uploaded it :)

Still runs sweeeeeet as a nut, cant fault his work. The idle is just not what im used to :)

I would highly recommend rstuner through and through :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I'm just mega Dubious! Guys in another country...No doubts he's very good but how on earth can you map a car without being there! C'mon!!! So what about live recording, that is NOT the same as being there...

What does an RStuner cost?

SchwepTek™
I'm just mega Dubious! Guys in another country...No doubts he's very good but how on earth can you map a car without being there! C'mon!!! So what about live recording, that is NOT the same as being there...

What does an RStuner cost?

£140.

I'm very impressed with it!

Done 4 cars now and they all got very good results at the RR on Saturday.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
was a before and after done? Group N is just a raised RPM limit in essence...Or at least it was in the olden days! ;)

SchwepTek™
was a before and after done? Group N is just a raised RPM limit in essence...Or at least it was in the olden days! ;)

I say Group N and i dont even know what it means tbqh lol!

Before and afters weren't done and i doubt the remap gave much in the way of bhp gains. However, the remap gives a noticeable increase in low down torque, slightly raised idle which helps with the kangarooing and also fixes the cold start roughness. Then there's the raised rev limit too.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
ok...I read about someone erasing all data on the ECU!!! So car was shagged after! :S.........

SchwepTek™
LOL! Really? Well i've never heard of that!

You plug the cable in, load the software and theres like 2 big buttons.

One lets you backup the original ECU map and the other lets you upload a new map which you download from the website. Thats it pretty much! haha.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
This thread is for the recent update not about whether you think its worth it or what not, thats the the rs tuner initial review post.

In answer to your question, its basically the same as live mapping. We run our cars logging all the data and then send the logs over to henk, he maps with the data provided. We run the car with updated map, and then send another log, he can then see the differences or changes he needs to make. Its a little longer winded than going in person, but the information collected and gathered is the EXACT same gathered by that of a person locally.

Anyway back to the original topic.

SchwepTek™
This thread is for the recent update not about whether you think its worth it or what not, thats the the rs tuner initial review post.

In answer to your question, its basically the same as live mapping. We run our cars logging all the data and then send the logs over to henk, he maps with the data provided. We run the car with updated map, and then send another log, he can then see the differences or changes he needs to make. Its a little longer winded than going in person, but the information collected and gathered is the EXACT same gathered by that of a person locally.

Anyway back to the original topic.

Thats only if you pay extra for a custom map though!

Back on topic, i find the new updated 1.7 software, the PA doesnt always work!?!?!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Getting rave reviews TBF. And Ali, he can do custom maps, you plug the equipment then go for a drive (specific instructions on the web page). Henk then uses the live data provided to make a custom map.

Black 172 ph2
I just got mine today. First impressions are its a great bit of kit :D

Taken it out for a quick blast with the Live Data and Performance Analyzer but the roads are too busy to get a true reading at the moment so waiting till later ;)

I have 2 diagnostic troubles which are O2 sensor front and Electronic Throttle Control limits acquired. Are there anything to worry about?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
the o2 sensor might be, believe thats the lambda sensor. The other one electronic throttle control limits aquired is not an error, its a statement and will come up everytime. Ignore it.

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
im not happy with mine at all its just drinking fuel im losing over 10mpg over the standard map

Black 172 ph2
Only just mapped mine so cant really comment on the MPG. Is defo more responsive and smoother in the lower rev ranges with slight more torque and has raised the rev limiter.

My O2 sensor error was in memory and has now cleared after mapping the ECU. I will ignore the throttle warning then :D

m-tec bmw 325 ci spo
i think im gonna map it back to standard ive emailed henk so goin to see what he says first. im averageing 26 around town about about 30-33sh on mways

Iceburg 172FF
Im getting around 34 average and obviously a lot less when I give it some, up a few mpg from standard map though!

Black 172 ph2
My rev limit this morning has dropped back down to the standard 6500rpm?? Do you know why this is? I applied the following is this correct:

grn_6400_2A07.rst
6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.cal

'04 172, '03 Hirsch 9-5
My rev limit this morning has dropped back down to the standard 6500rpm?? Do you know why this is? I applied the following is this correct:

grn_6400_2A07.rst
6400_2A07_WEB_RON98.cal

My guess would be it's not warmed up yet!

Black 172 ph2
Yeah it was fully warmed up when i tried hitting the limiter. Only run it 3 times since i have done the re-map so wounder if this might be why and will sort itself out after more runs?!

@ g10chy I experienced the same...drove about 20 mls so guess the oil and water are on good T and indeed around 6500 Rpm it was over....I connected RsTuner and did not see any faults... After starting the car it went well over 7800 Rpm...I also run latests files (Cb1N)

when after 20 mls the revs do not go over 6800 rpm, try to shut of the car and restart see if the revs go any higher....keep me posted

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
i average around 35mpg but if i use 98 ron fuel i get 37+ depending on how granny im feeling in the morning and what music i have on.