ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RSTUNER USERS ONLY..

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Henk, it seems to have worked well. Car sits at 1200 on cold regardless of stopping, and when warm goes straight to 866. So im happy wiith the new map. Does exactly what it should! ill await other peoples responses.

Cant test it out currently as car is in GDI being pulled apart.

Map has improved my kangaroo issue a little but it's still there.

If i'm in 1st gear in traffic going slowly it will just suddenly kangaroo. If I let off the accelerator it's smooth till 1200rmp then kangaroos till 900rpm where it's stabilises...

Does the revs go up and down without accelaration? When hot or cold?

When it's idleing it's fine, the revs stay the same.

It only does it when I take my foot off the accelerator at low speed eg from 10 mph, the revs will drop normally untill about 1200RPM then stat kangarooing before it stabilizes at about 900-1000rpm while moving slowly.

It's far more noticable when hot.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Hmm this issue posted here was on COLD start only. The revs fluctuated up and dwon like a yoyo, when the accelerator was lifted and clutch pressed so on idle.

This issue is something different

When it's idleing it's fine, the revs stay the same.

It only does it when I take my foot off the accelerator at low speed eg from 10 mph, the revs will drop normally untill about 1200RPM then stat kangarooing before it stabilizes at about 900-1000rpm while moving slowly.

It's far more noticable when hot.

What software version are you on ?

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Well i get my car back today, so will look out for this but dont recall this being an issue.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
Just had a 50 mile round trip and dont get any kangarooing when hot or cold. Using the same map as you too. :S

Clio 172 ph2
another option that I believe you could to for the cold start situation when the car starts on -5-10 degrees and then dies , and starts again and dies,like in this movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHILuaioUZo .

As you see in the picture attached
tablecv.jpg
, the requested idle rpm for the temps between 0 and 10 degrees is higher than the requested rpm for temps between -10 and 0 deegrees,wich from my point of view for lower temps you will have to request higher revs not lower.The rstuner map on the 172 has some corrections for the low temp idle , but only from 0 degrees ,wich from my opinion is not enough and also increased idle to 896 rpm. Also the 182 has none idle corections.I tried on my car to set the value on the -10 to 1216 and on 0 same 1216 rpm , give it a cold start at -9 degrees and the car is idling great,so I believe this should be implemented in a remap,specially for those who are having problems with the idle at the first start.Just tested on my own car, not a profesional experience. If anyone knows better, can explain more.

Clio 172 ph2
I believe that it was something worth to mention and to try ,because I didn`t understood and didn`t saw this anywhere explained how the car can start great at temperatures above 0 degrees and hold idle , but starts and keeps dying when started from cold when the temps are bellow -5 degress ...also there are a few that were/are having this problem .

Last edited:
  Clio 172 ph2
above settings are the OEM ones,I didn`t post your settings,because it is not my work.Your settings are ok for cold start ,good warmup,but like I said above, don`t contain improvements for temps bellow 0 degrees,that was my sugestion to you :)

For the record my Idle targets (rstuner maps) are factory settings below 40 C.
If your car is stalling at below 0 temperatures right after start, the most likely cause will be carbon deposits on the inlet valve stems.
Raising the idle target might help with this issue but the proper way is to clean the valves or add more start fuelling.
Stalling at low temperatures can also be caused by thick oil, too tight cam and aux belts etc, etc.

Hope this clears things up. Regards, Henk

understood.
Any chance cleaning the carbon deposits with the head on ?

There are products in the market for that. Also you could try different brand/blends of fuel. Its very important that the fuel contains enough light fractions. Perhaps thats all you need.

Clio 172 ph2
the reason I thought this isn`t carbon deposits related problem , and thought the OEM software from renault is buggy,is because in my country , the Dacia Logan with the K4M engine with euro5 has electronic throttle body,and on cold starts do the same thing, start and die, start and die...start and keep low idle rpm,and the cars are relatively new ,euro5 is in production since last year, 2011