ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rs tuner?

172 ph1
whats the crack with these? on a phase 1? how much? bhp increase with filter and exhaust on? etc etc :cool:

- midrange torque
- cold / warm-up behaviour
- better throttle response

Make sure the ECU doesn't show any fault codes as this almost always costs performance !
If any fault codes show up make the necessary repairs first.

Mondeo diesel barge
I used one on my 182. Don't expect any huge gains in BHP, it improves what Henk mentioned in his post, generally gives a better driving experience. I found it smoothed out the power delivery on mine, the car didn't have the 'kick' at 5500rpm, but felt a lot better to drive. I bought mine second hand from here (You'll need to become a club member to access the for sale part of the forum). Fastchip always seemed to be out of stock. It cost me around £95 for the tuner, I then bought a reprogramming license from Fastchip so I could tune my car, this was 50 euro's. It was really easy to use, download the software, connect the tuner up to the car and connect the other end to a laptop. I had the car mapped and up and running in no time.

172 ph1
but does it make the car anymore powerful? im pretty happy with the driving of the car anyways just like going fast lol?

Mondeo diesel barge
In short, Nope. A remap on a 1*2 won't give you much more power, the RSTuner might give you around 3bhp. If you're looking at getting more power from your 172 then be prepared to spend a lot of money, as the only mod's to give a big increase are ITB's, turbo and superchargers. Everything else, exhaust, remap, filter, induction kit etc give you very little extra power.

172 ph1
yeah i no but....i was just wanting to get about 10 bhp maybe...thinking about itbs later in the year maybe depending on funds but powersurge on team valley up here rekon they could give me 10 bhp not guarenteed depending on the car for 250 quid? just was wondering which would be better

172 - 249bhp @ the wheels
yeah i no but....i was just wanting to get about 10 bhp maybe...thinking about itbs later in the year maybe depending on funds but powersurge on team valley up here rekon they could give me 10 bhp not guarenteed depending on the car for 250 quid? just was wondering which would be better

You wont get 10bhp from a remap period. If in the event you let them map your car for £250 I'm sure they would print a dyno run showing at least 10bhp improvement, but you wont actually have an extra 10bhp.

If you're thinking of running ITB's then dont waste time mapping the stock ECU, as you will need a standalone of some sort anyway, making it a totally pointless expense. Also if you just like going fast, then ITB's might not be for you, turbo or supercharger put the power into another league.

172 ph1
sounds expensive!

aye probly right they are probly just a bunch of cowboys anyway! fuk it....il just wait got me exhaust ready bar the flange which is coming 2moro then itg filter thats do for now!

sounds expensive!

aye probly right they are probly just a bunch of cowboys anyway! fuk it....il just wait got me exhaust ready bar the flange which is coming 2moro then itg filter thats do for now!

Well, not trying to imply that, but I'd be VERY dubious of anyone saying a small capacity NA car will gain 10bhp from mapping the stock ECU, as those gains are more typical of having cams, or mapping on a stand alone.

Personally I'd stick with the breathing mods for now and if you still feel the need for more power either buy another car or spend £3-5k on getting one of the turbo/charger kits from whoever on here. Make sure however that you research the company first and not off this site, as opinions given are generally without having any real experience. You will probably be advised to uprate the suspension and get track lessons, but again, if you just want to go fast and dont care about that then ignore it lol.

172 ph1
i can go fast anyway lol! have no problems with that s**t lol! yeah but cheers 4 the help mate il just have to see what the future brings

i can go fast anyway lol! have no problems with that s**t lol! yeah but cheers 4 the help mate il just have to see what the future brings

aah, on Clio Sport you cant be a fast driver until someone with 10'000 posts confirms this ;) lol

On a serious note however, if/when you decide you want to upgrade the car I would say it's worth it even if other dont. I love my Clio, so dont care about wasting money on it.