ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs Tuner and remapping?

HaveaCuppa

ClioSport Club Member
I’m in the process of fitting a JMS inlet to my 182 and need a bit of advice regarding remapping it.

I’m not 100% sure if my car is currently running the 98 Ron map from Henk @ Rs Tuner. There’s a sticker on the engine cover, so I’d assume so.
This locks the ECU (according to most who have had the map) which is a bit of a ballache…

Obviously EFI is the place to go for mapping and due to them being able to unlock the bloody ECU and sort it properly.

Is there a way to check if my car has be fucked around with prior to having EFI getting it on the rolling road?
Failing that, I’d head to a local rolling road and see if they can plug in and check?

I’ve got a couple of spare ECU’s/UCH/Keys I can swap over if need be, but don’t want to be swapping these over if I don’t have to tbh. That ECU cover is a nightmare 😅

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
If you've got an RS Tuner or access to one, it'll tell you the programming history of the ECU

hopgop1

ClioSport Club Member
What does it idle at? May give a clue as to whether it's got the map on it. As it looks like you already know though, EFI can easily unlock it to remap it again.