ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rs Tuner (i want the facts)

182 FF
Hey up, i have been reading up on the RS tuner device. Have i got this right..

RS tuner plugs into your car and in a sense overclocks it like a CPU or RAM in pc terms. And i can do this at my leisure without telling an insurance company.??

If so, How much? And what results have you lot had, increased MPG etc

172/1.2/E30
In PC terms the RSTuner can change your ECUs software and data. No real power gains but driveability is improved. Should be around the 250 quid mark new with performance calibration. => www.fastchip.nl

182 FF
How much has peoples insurance gone up by, i just want a smoother running engine and better MPG if possible. Can it fook your engine though?!

Ph 1 172
My insurance was going to go up £90 for the year just for my rs tuner didn't do it in the end. Going for a live map eventually

CBR1000RR Fireblade
How come you dont need yours?

You order an RS tuner, get the ecu update and the 98 calibration performance map and install them. Unless you want to switch between maps (which I don't) then the RS tuner serves no more purpose.

That's when they pop up for sale on cs. The only reason I haven't sold it as of yet is because I was going o keep it to map an r26 (which is what I was hoping to get next) how ever I'm selling up to get a van so the RS tuner is now for sale.

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Remember a S/H unit will require a license from henk and the correct map. If it's an old box you could need it updating aswell.... As I found out.

R26 + EV0 FQ340
Im hoping to get an R26
Next summer. Can you rent tuners?

If you plan to go higher than stage 1 I'd go to RS tuning depending where you are? Henks been spot on with me but If you want a hybrid turbo, bigger injectors etc, doing the data logging yourself could be hardwork and much easyer to get someone else to do it and adjust the map there and then. My R26 is maxing out the injectors ATM so it needs to go to RS tuning soon and possibly have the 630cc's fitted. I don't know how Henk would do that as If you fitted the injectors and tried to run the car you'll have even bigger problems!

Ph 1 172
You order an RS tuner, get the ecu update and the 98 calibration performance map and install them. Unless you want to switch between maps (which I don't) then the RS tuner serves no more purpose.

That's when they pop up for sale on cs. The only reason I haven't sold it as of yet is because I was going o keep it to map an r26 (which is what I was hoping to get next) how ever I'm selling up to get a van so the RS tuner is now for sale.

i wish this was the reason i didnt need mine, but my reason is that the day before i was about to install the new map my engine decided to have a hissey fit and has a serious problem. imhoping its just the dephaser pully but i doubt it very much lol mine will be up for sale soon

R5 gtt, R27 F1 team
if the turbo, injectors etc. is a very common upgrade maybe someone could contact Henk for mapping it. then he will be able to write a safe map for it and also offer it to be installed with an RS tuner:)

Evo 8 MR
Mine went from 169bhp and 151 lbft to 171bhp and 157lbft. Main difference is a higher cold idle speed, higher rev limit and more torque lower down the range.

Audi A3
so if one is bought brand new then you dont need to contact anyone (henk) but if you do get one second hand then you need to contact someone (henk again) ?

Evo 8 MR
so if one is bought brand new then you dont need to contact anyone (henk) but if you do get one second hand then you need to contact someone (henk again) ?

I think you will have to contact him regardless as I believe he's removed everything Clio 2 related.