ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RS Tuner, a few questions?

Clio 172 cup
Firstly is it really worth the money? ie. is the difference really that noticable? I'm looking to get rid of the flat spots that tend to occur at lower revs (between 3k-4k rpm), will this do the trick?

Secondly, after running a bit of a search, I've noticed a few people mentioning losing the "5k kick". Is this the case or is it merely a case of it being less noticable as there is no longer the flat spots before hand?

Last but not least, The RS Tuner performs a diagnostic test right? Is it as simple as just connecting it up, running the test and then it should tell me of any errors that my car has?

Any help would really be appreciated, cheers guys! ;)

Clio 182 BG
oh yes its worth the money:)

a bit more torque at lower revs and this is noticeable.

the 5k kick is still there

the diagnostic test is still simple as connect the rs tuner to your car and your laptop, and then you will see the error codes.

you can click of the codes and erase them, it´s very easy and you get also the original Renault error codes;)

Get one and you will see, i´m very happy with it:D

I would say it's worth it too.
I borrowed a mates kit, so I just paid for the unlock code. Probably the best £40ish Ive spent on the car.

It smooths the idle out too, and the increased rev limiter is scary too! Mine redlines at 7800 now!