ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rolling Road

Arctic 182 & PB 172
A friend of mine who is in the zetec s owners club has asked if i want to head down to Rosyth on September the 11th with a bunch of cars to get all our cars tested on a rolling road some performance workshop has.

I have a 05 plate 182 on 33k. Only mods i have made is a k & n panel and I also have a k tec supersports exhaust on as well.

Im just asking on here if its something that is worthwhile or will it just probably break my heart/annoy me/piss me off or are the clio's normally good results wise. Apparently for £35 you get two tests on it. This would be for at flywheel and at tyre, correct?

Arctic 182 & PB 172
Well i know that it wont be haha! I just dont wanna go and be told some horrible figure so what Im asking is what experiences others on here have had.

Rusty Cup
Ive always wanted to know what my cars making, not because i want pub figures but purely for my own piece of mind. Ive got an rstuner so ive got an idea but its no replacement for real figures. If i was you i'd give it a go :)

Da

Less
My 182 ran 191bhp at a mobile RR with an exhaust and filter.

I then had it cammed and live mapped and got it up to 182bhp on a proper RR... ;)

Merc
OP are you happy with your cars performance? If so whats the point. If not buy something faster simples.

When I first heard about the real figures I was a tad annoyed but hey, I'm happy with its performance.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I know were the OP is coming from, i drive like a gran most the time and dont abuse my car because i want to look after it as its cost me so much but at the same time a would also like mine on the rollers just to see what figures it produces out of intrest

Arctic 182 & PB 172
I know were the OP is coming from, i drive like a gran most the time and dont abuse my car because i want to look after it as its cost me so much but at the same time a would also like mine on the rollers just to see what figures it produces out of intrest

Precisely!

53 Clio's & counting
Remember a rolling road is a good diagnostic tool - it will tell you if your car is lean or rich, if cam timings out etc.

But you need a decent rolling road, plus someone who knows how to use it-otherwise you will end up with an innacurate figure

172 Cup
Rolling road days are fun and usually good crack, but i would take RR results with a pinch of salt (unless hideously poor), if you are happy with how the car peforms on the road in 'the real world' then thats all that matters.

Dont get me wrong though i know rolling roads have their place for tuning etc etc, and that said i will probs stick mine on at some point, but i wouldnt be too ars*d if my cup didnt make 172 bhp.

had mine on the rollers recently it made 160.8bhp i was pleased with that. and it had a dodgy spark plug?

Im just asking on here if its something that is worthwhile or will it just probably break my heart/annoy me/piss me off or are the clio's normally good results wise. Apparently for £35 you get two tests on it. This would be for at flywheel and at tyre, correct?
Nope they will be two power runs.

As for the viability of running it its not like its going to make more power its juts going to tell you how much above or below what you think you are. I don't trust them seems my cars is about 16% more powerful than it left Renault which somehow I don't belive.