ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rise of the tombraider...

Yaris Hybrid
Seems to run pretty well on my PC. It should really because it is pretty decent (980ti SLI, 6700k @4.6) but compared to many a game lately (95% of AAA's in the past year!) it does seem well optimised even if it isn't delivering that high a level of efficiency with SLI.

I was playing at 3440x1440 on the very high preset and it stayed over 60. I switched over to my big TV as I feel it looks better on that even though it means dropping to 1080p but I was then able to push all the detail levels to the maximum (the "very high" preset isn't actually the highest setting on every option) and my rig cruises along quietly.

Spotted one glitch so far during the opening snow section where there is an avalanche and the scene combines pre rendered footage of an avalanche super imposed over the real time elements of the graphics. For some reason the two aren't lined up and it looks a right mess. That was just one minor cutscene though.

Glad I stopped playing it on XO as I was going to 100% it but thought nah I should stop investing so much time in it now and wait for PC. Worth the wait. Just gonna take me about 12 hours to get back to where I was on XO and I have to remember all those millions of secret things I trudged around finding before!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Seems to run pretty well on my PC. It should really because it is pretty decent (980ti SLI, 6700k @4.6) but compared to many a game lately (95% of AAA's in the past year!) it does seem well optimised even if it isn't delivering that high a level of efficiency with SLI.

I was playing at 3440x1440 on the very high preset and it stayed over 60. I switched over to my big TV as I feel it looks better on that even though it means dropping to 1080p but I was then able to push all the detail levels to the maximum (the "very high" preset isn't actually the highest setting on every option) and my rig cruises along quietly.

Spotted one glitch so far during the opening snow section where there is an avalanche and the scene combines pre rendered footage of an avalanche super imposed over the real time elements of the graphics. For some reason the two aren't lined up and it looks a right mess. That was just one minor cutscene though.

Glad I stopped playing it on XO as I was going to 100% it but thought nah I should stop investing so much time in it now and wait for PC. Worth the wait. Just gonna take me about 12 hours to get back to where I was on XO and I have to remember all those millions of secret things I trudged around finding before!

I'm on High settings and haven't had an issue yet; i5 4760 @ 3.40Ghz, 3GB GeForce GTX 780 and 8GB RAM.

Not that far in at all. Currently on the part where you are in the woods and have to fend for yourself with the bow and arrow. Just took down the bear.

Really enjoying it so far. The graphics are incredible - although they were on the XBox One in fairness (arguably the best next gen game graphically).

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Not sure how to check that, mate? But I'm running the game using my Samsung 4K JS9000 as my monitor, so my resolution is
3840x2160.

Thanks dude, I should have just asked whether it's smooth or not!

If you're running it at 4K though and saying it looks good I should be fine with my measly 2560x1440 screen I'd have thought!

I watched a gameplay vid yesterday, the graphics are insane!

This is amazing. It makes the Xbox One version look a little dull, and that's a bold statement. Needs decent AA though, as the FXAA setting adds the inevitable blur.

I'm running it on very high at 1920x1080 and 2x AA. At a guess I'm rocking anything between 40-60 fps. Average is probably around 45-50 in most meaningful scenarios. Not as high as I would normally like, but always way smoother and tangibly better looking than the Xbox One version.

A technically superior version of an already amazing video game. Think I may play it all again.

F82 M4
Not sure how to check that, mate? But I'm running the game using my Samsung 4K JS9000 as my monitor, so my resolution is
3840x2160.
In the Steam settings tab there's an option for a frame rate counter. Or alternatively you can use fraps etc.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
In the Steam settings tab there's an option for a frame rate counter. Or alternatively you can use fraps etc.

Yeah was actually getting around 20fps @ 4K, so put resolution down to 2k and very high settings and getting 50-60fps now.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Traded my Xbox copy in and bought it in Steam, can't wait to get started on it this evening (currently rebuilding my PC after configuring an iTunes server VM and making a few server changes).

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I enjoyed the game so much on Xbox One that I think I'm going to follow suit and buy the PC version, too. Sure - it looks great on a decent spec PC but I think the Xbox One version stands up very well in comparison. I expect the PS4 version will be good, too... when it finally gets released on that platform.

Yeah for sure the Xbkx One game looks fabulous, but the improvements on PC are worthwhile. It is easily the best looking game I've ever seen anywhere ever. No exceptions.

Yaris Hybrid
I have to second the comment about AA and cranking it up from FXAA. That was a big improvement where as in other games it isn't quite such a jump for what it costs.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
I've been really enjoying this game and put 14 hours in so far over the weekend. I'm running it maxed out at 1080p and it is pretty smooth most of the time. FPS definitely is lower in the Geothermal Valley / Soviet Base though.

My only gripe is comparing it to early Tomb Raiders and how challenges are now pretty easy / linear, probably only get stuck thinking through the puzzle for a few minutes.

Although I understand the reasons, constant grenade spam can be pretty tiresome.

If you haven't got 100% then you haven't completed it. You've merely finished the main story. That is only half the game in my opinion. The bigger challenge and enjoyment comes from beating the game completely and then starting on the DLC. I'm sure anyone can race through the story in a matter of days, but it's easy to set a good pace and mix it with exploring to make the whole experience last ages.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
If you haven't got 100% then you haven't completed it. You've merely finished the main story. That is only half the game in my opinion. The bigger challenge and enjoyment comes from beating the game completely and then starting on the DLC. I'm sure anyone can race through the story in a matter of days, but it's easy to set a good pace and mix it with exploring to make the whole experience last ages.
Well i did mix it a fair bit! Im at 80% so not exactly JUST the story.

FYI I have reached 100% on Xbox One and have started the DLC but postponed it for now. I'm currently chasing story completion and 100% game completion on PC, at which point I'll move to the Xbox DLC, and then back to PC DLC. I love the game so much that it's worth doing everything twice. Once on my sofa, and once on my PC with better graphics and higher frame rates.

Love it!

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
FYI I have reached 100% on Xbox One and have started the DLC but postponed it for now. I'm currently chasing story completion and 100% game completion on PC, at which point I'll move to the Xbox DLC, and then back to PC DLC. I love the game so much that it's worth doing everything twice. Once on my sofa, and once on my PC with better graphics and higher frame rates.

Love it!

I've been going for the lazy option. PC connected to TV with Xbox controller :tongueout:

Heroic. I really should start investigating ways to get the PC picture downstairs. Optionally at least. I kinda like having my little PC cave to retreat to.

F82 M4
I'm 2 hours in on the PC. One word, Superb.

Although the first thing I turned off was survival instincts. Much harder! :cool:

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I finally found a couple of hours to go back and 100% finish the game. Thoroughly enjoyed this one and I'm going to play through it again I reckon.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't worry too much mate... still much better off with a single GPU :) It's not like you'll be struggling to play it with the prettiness cranked up to 11! :)

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone on the PS4 waiting for this, if you pre order from the PS Store you will get the Definitive edition of the last game plus the DLC (I think) and a few other bits.
£45 iirc.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Started this today on the PS4.
Very impressive game so far, only a short way into it but it already reminds me of the old tomb raiders with traps and animal attacks. The last one was good but seemed more like just a shooter.
Seems to be a lot to the game though with cards and other bits and there's quite a few DLC packs downloaded too so hopefully a long campaign.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Got it from cdkeys last week at £18.99. Only as far as the bear at the minute, but really liking it. Glad they got rid of that stupid left, right, left action when climbing with the ice axe from the previous game.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
uber cool:

630x.jpg

A SHED!
Been playing this since Xmas and it's superb. Definite 9/10. Cracking story, graphics and gameplay. I just wish there were more games like this for the next gen consoles.