ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

renault sport or clio sport

clio 172
was walking to the shop the other day and saw an 05 plate clio outside but didn't really pay any attention. went inside and there was a lad i was at school with. aint seen him for 4 years and never really had the urge to.he was a bit of a tit you see. dont do my work cos i'm ard sort of bloke! nob end in other words. anyway got talking and he soon got onto car. telling me that he had just bought an 05 plate clio sport bla bla bla. he then said its out side if you wanna have a look. when i could finally get a word in between him telling me how quick it was and how he was going to buy a vts but this is loads quicker, i finnaly then mentioned i had a 172. his face soon changed and then i just had to tell him that on a real one the sport badge goes under the renault and not the clio!!!!
he didn't say much else jumped in his car and went!!!:rasp:

clio 172
he was refering to it as a 182 though.
2.0 16v
all the spec on them like a book.
it was just not the car he had told me about in the shop 20 yards from where he parked it!!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
lol, even better if he was saying that! I bet you werent even surprised that he was talking utter shite either! Everyone knows someone who constantly talks crap about cars!

Golf GTI 1.8T
what was it then? 1.2 dynamique no doubt?

john - you tell em, our sports are mental fast aint they!!

clio 172
The Head said:
WOW! thats one of the best stories ive ever heard, thanks for sharing that, i owe u one!

funny fecker aren't we.
you wasted your time to write a reply though!
just bored writing essays for uni!!

182... again!
Martin_89 said:
lol i tell people i drive a clio sport when they ask, because after all i do, i just always seem to miss out the 1.2 part ;)

When do you borrow one then?

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
mitchzxr said:
what was it then? 1.2 dynamique no doubt?

john - you tell em, our sports are mental fast aint they!!

Yeah, crazy fast! Got it up to 45mph the other day but needed opitmax to do it :clown:

The reason they are 'sports' is cos reno called them that to sell them to young guillable fools! Beter spec than the base but certainly not sporty in the least!
The funniest thing I see onj here is the ocassional person who posts up a dynamiue thats been colourcoded and calls it a 172 look a like!

Golf GTI 1.8T
lol-a-like!!
what did we actually get extra? Sportier seats, those multi spoke alloys, 172 headlights, and a sport badge....anything else? oh and the spoiler

LOL

amazes me how many people on here say they have a clio sport

or a renaultsport

and then actually have basemodels..

it makes all them idiots with 16v and VTS badges on their saxo VTRs look acceptable.

mitchzxr said:
lol-a-like!!
what did we actually get extra? Sportier seats, those multi spoke alloys, 172 headlights, and a sport badge....anything else? oh and the spoiler
did you actually get a sport badge?

or a S on the side strip?

Mazda MX5 1.8
ugh it annoys me when people dont know the difference!

they cant seem to understand that mine is a not a renault sport nor a clio sport

some kids walked behind me at the RWS at donnington saying "oh look hes got a sticker but its not actually a sport" thinking they were clever then they went on to comment about the big lardy BMW........ wanted to go put them right......

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine is officially a Renault Clio Sport NOT a Renault Sport Clio, makes 93bhp of difference!

Mitch your sport badge isnt standard, only the 'S' on the sidestrip. We got fogs as well and apparently stiffer dampers. At no point do I ever try to make out to folk that my car is fast, cos it aint! Not in a straight line anyway!

Golf GTI 1.8T
EvilJohn said:
Mine is officially a Renault Clio Sport NOT a Renault Sport Clio, makes 93bhp of difference!

Mitch your sport badge isnt standard, only the 'S' on the sidestrip. We got fogs as well and apparently stiffer dampers. At no point do I ever try to make out to folk that my car is fast, cos it aint! Not in a straight line anyway!

Yeah I know mine ain't, It's a 3 quid ebay jobbie haha. Has yours got the standard sport badge because I swear some do come with them. Theres at least 2 in my town that have them and it's old women that drive so no teenager has stuck them on, and then theres some like mine that don't have it. :S

182... again!
Martin_89 said:
well according to my invoice from reno from when the car was bought i actually do

OK, but as you said originally you don't mention the 1.2 bit! Who are you trying to impress? Personally would feel a bit daft, especially if i was asked what engine it had!
I bought mine because i wanted it and it's a great bonus if someone admires it! But am modest about my car...it is what it is and i'm well pleased!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Mitch no mine doesnt have one. Never seen one witha Sport badge that hasnt been obviously stuck on!
If someone asks what cara I drive the answer is always a 1.4 Clio, never mention the sport unless tehy know what they are talking about!

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
the sports are slower than the standard 1.4s of the same age.
as the sports are 8v and other things like alizes etc are 16v.

so why do they call it a sport ?! :S

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Just cos of the things like the seats which are identical to the 172 seats except in cloth. Then you get the 172 optic headlights, 172 spoiler, alloys, fogs and white dials which you dont get any of them on the alizes. You can also get the Si which is a S with the 16v engine. Oh and not all alizes are 16v, The Big Yin is 8v as well

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
oh.
the si .... thats what i was thinkin of gettin about a year ago.
im positive their rarer than rocking horse sh*t.

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
Martin_89 said:
a dynamique is the sport range

hmm i think thats a dynamique not a sport.
the sport range on the new clios (not the newest anymore) are the 182's or the vee's.
other wise you could call any clio a sport if you wanted to.
unless its called a sport then its not one.

Octavia VRS
EvilJohn said:
Just cos of the things like the seats which are identical to the 172 seats except in cloth. Then you get the 172 optic headlights, 172 spoiler, alloys, fogs and white dials which you dont get any of them on the alizes. You can also get the Si which is a S with the 16v engine. Oh and not all alizes are 16v, The Big Yin is 8v as well

Yep my Alize is only 8v too - 16v version came after V reg. Alizes got the fogs and 'fancy' interior. No 'sport' spoiler, lights or dials tho

Golf GTI 1.8T
glasgow182 said:
the sports are slower than the standard 1.4s of the same age.
as the sports are 8v and other things like alizes etc are 16v.

so why do they call it a sport ?! :S

It was just a model they made for only about 8 months or so, has just got all the extras mentioned. I think the 8v is 75bhp and the 16v(Si) is 98bhp, but for what the 8v is it's not sluggish at all.

John are you sure none came with sports, I can think of 3 in my town that have them and some that don't. Would Renault have put them on to get sales?

One great thing about these 1.4 'sports' is that they are group 3 insurance as apposed to the alize 8v and the RT which are group 4 and the Si/ alize 16v's are group 5. Dunno why this is at though?. And then youve got the 1.2 16v sport at group 10 lol.

RenaultClio 1.2 16V Dyn
lol, its always great to get one up on the nob heads from skool!!! Why do people want to pretend they have a sport when its only a 1.2, i mean i own a 1.2 and dont try to pretend its a sport because its not!! :)