ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault Sport Clio Exclusive No.2 (Pics of missus)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Hi guys. After breifly searching for a new car i looked at VTS's and GTi's when really i knew i wanted another Clio (RS number 3)

I had a very very limited budget so i was happy enough to come across this Exclusive, ive always liked the Scarab green paint, its an aquired taste, most dont like it but i thought it was worth a punt!

Anyway, me and the god lady (you can haz pics)

The blonde >
63319_1284928543783_1847247320_555940_5943324_n.jpg

So anyway, we set off in her 107 from Glasgow to Crieff (Perth & Kinross) this afternoon. The owner wasnt around so i had a wee gander round about, seemed to be in decent enough order for what is a 11 year old car...!

Its had two owners, its on 116k and mechanically it seems to be sweet, serviced last week. Driving home the oil and stop light starting to flicker so when i got home i dipped it several times to check there was actually enough oil in it, it actually took a litre or there abouts - problem seems to be solved! Other than that it needs a passenger side window regulator and the rear wiper arm needs put on as the nut has seized (Sunday job)

It will need brakes and discs and a general tidy up, its also got some mad induction kit on it which looks like Alladins soup bowl so that'll be getting the heave-ho for the standard set up, the wheels are in dire need of a refurb or rather reaplcement so more than likley the latter, as i really fancy F1's, they suit dark colours. It may get dropped aswell but that wont be until later in the year!

This is just a run around until autumn time, if i get the summer out of it ill be happy enough, here are some pictures. Ill get better/more detailed pictures tomorrow!

Oh and the price? £800 fake scottish notes. In my opinion, a decent enough buy!

IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
quality! awesome price too! My mate went and looked at this before and turned it down, he missed out by the looks of it.

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
I like the scarab green - just don't feel any love for the grey leather seats (that yours doesn't seem to have?!). Nice buy.

Last edited:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Cheers Russ! It does feel good to be back in a throttle cabled car lol, missed it!

Also, it was doing 44mpg on the way home! Unreal!

53 Clio's & counting
Cheers Russ! It does feel good to be back in a throttle cabled car lol, missed it!

Also, it was doing 44mpg on the way home! Unreal!

Lol nice! Miss my exclusive, wish i had the money to keep it.

Whats the plan? No doubt it will be a stunner :)

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
A good tidy up, i reckon she has potential, the paint needs attention so ill see to that, i know a few boys who'll help!

Brakes and cambelt, a boy i know's going to do the belts for £120, he has the renault locking tools and hes pretty handy with spanners so ill let him loose. Wheels will be refurbed and sold and replaced with f1's. The leather needs deep cleaned so ill get into that tomorrow, overall im chuffed with it! :eek:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Can't go wrong with that Danny boy! Proper bargain.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Thanks mate, i gather you went and had a wee look your self?

I thought it was too cheap to turn down if im honest, a little attention and theres no reason it wont last!

Are you from Carradale mate?

Thanks mate, i gather you went and had a wee look your self?

I thought it was too cheap to turn down if im honest, a little attention and theres no reason it wont last!

Are you from Carradale mate?

Yeah agreed, the belts were the main reason I didn't bite but the interior was pretty mint from what I remember, perfect steering wheel etc.

And yeah I stay in Glasgow but originally from Carradale...you know it?

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Right so gave it a clean and took stock of what's going to need done/doing.

The window regulator on the passenger side needs changed and the one on the drivers side has the sound like its going the same way, ill just replace both i think.

A boy i know's going to do the belts for me for £120, ill supply all the parts so im quite happy and so is he! Im going to change the induction set up back to standard so ill need to get busy with sourcing the parts i need to make it the way i want it!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely duuude! Never seen this first time around! :eek:

Is the blonde the complete mentalist that has had your balls in here handbag for years or is this a new one? :eek:

How's the picture frame! Miss your face mate.

225 Cup & Williams
Keep your eye out on gumtree & eBay. I picked up another set of willy wheels for track use a few weeks ago for a good price.

koi

Audi S1
I've been after a set of Williams wheels for ages, had to settle for a set of F1's in the end