ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Renault clio 1.2 16v fast road camshafts

Seat Ibiza
I doubt it would be cheaper as it wouldn't be classed as a standard car would it?

But can i just add, if you do all this to your car, are you going to declare it as there is no point in having insurance if its not proper insurance.

But the lad will do what pretty much all of us have done, spunked a lot of money on a car then bought something else and wasted it all.

Part of being a lad right?

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
But the lad will do what pretty much all of us have done, spunked a lot of money on a car then bought something else and wasted it all.

Part of being a lad right?

lol agreed, all part of the life of a petrolhead!

Seat Ibiza
lol agreed, all part of the life of a petrolhead!

Exactly. So true isn't it?

He will get a better car soon and just look back and think...WHY? But hey, I've done it!

I thought my pimped Polo was awesome car, when I look back it was a dog!!!

All your first few cars are for, is getting laid :)

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
yeah, a wee clio expression. i done full exhaust system, home made decat, tried a few different filters and airbox setups, ended up using a modified renault airbox with home made HKS filter, was all a great laugh and made the difference!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
going through all those flashing 30 - 40 signs ive noticed my speedo is 3mph out and it was showing 120 on the dot.

was going down a long steep hill... not on the road ;)

53 Clio's & counting
Lol.Dude, speedo accuracy usually decreases with speed, so at 40mph being 3mph out, at 100mph it will be about 7mph out, so at 120mph id imagine around 10mph out.Being 3mph out at 40mph will not give the same degree of inacuracy at higher speeds just so ya know :)

Black 172
Russ is right.
Speedo's on a lot of cars give "joke readings" after around 100mph in my experience. GPS is the best way.

aldo_87

ClioSport Club Member
  Campus 1*2
i spent a fair bit tunning my 1.2, i could have saved it for my 172 but i didnt and dont regret it, was fun having a 1.2 that was 1.6 fast!

I loved that car! Down a tight backroad it kept pace with my standard ep82 GT Turbo simply because it outhandled my car hands down!

Last edited:
  172 cup
i went above 100 in my 1.0 seat arosa like 2 years ago, downhill and wind behind me..never again..<br><br>be it across all car owner forums theres always a lad who wants to make his sub 1.6l faster!<br>think we should encourage, so we can boast our club has the fastest 1.2 :p<br>whats always bugged me is why is nobody telling the guys with 1*2 engines (or equivalent), to stop wasting their money and save for V6s etc?

pb ph2 172
yet even on saxpierence there are owners of turbo 1.1s make 130plus bhp when the engine blow its £50 from the scrappy for another and 2 hours to change