ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Regular West Midlands Meet - See Calendar

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
The next meet venue is set now as in the Calender, thought I'd update this with rough directions.

Harrowby Arms
Patshull Avenue
Fordhouses
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
WV10 6RQ

If you know the Stafford Road. HEADING TOWARDS WOLVERHAMPTON.

Firstly the big roundabout by the M54.
Carry on.
Next roundabout is Vine Island (Jaguar Land Rover)
Carry on.
At the next roundabout next to Wing Wah (chinese buffet)
Take the 3rd exit.
Carry on that residential road, bears round to the right. Pub is then on your right hand side. One car park in front of the pub and one behind.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Stafford road is the A449 just in case anybody doesn't know. :)

Just so you know, there's a new pub on the stafford road that makes a decent steak for about a tenner, which is cheap enough.

It's the new hungry horse. May be worth a visit one day. :)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I've heard a few crack heads now frequent that hungry horse one plus have you seen how busy it is. Amie went the other day and have up as she couldn't get 1 parking space. Imagine trying to get 10 haha

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ye I struggled to get a space there too. The harrowby sounds decent for what we want.

Gosh, you say these thing like we've not already been to a dive or two - as if it is even a dive!

Wednesfield's Nickelodeon isn't exactly the ritz either. I've had more crap experiences there than I have at any other pub.

Not to mention the fact the hungry horse is probably busy for a good reason.

Yet another thing we've experienced elsewhere.

It was only a suggestion anyway. I won't recommend anywhere else then, yer miserable sods.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Gosh, you say these thing like we've not already been to a dive or two - as if it is even a dive!

Wednesfield's Nickelodeon isn't exactly the ritz either. I've had more crap experiences there than I have at any other pub.

Not to mention the fact the hungry horse is probably busy for a good reason.

Yet another thing we've experienced elsewhere.

It was only a suggestion anyway. I won't recommend anywhere else then, yer miserable sods.

What? I was just saying hungry horse would serve tesco burgers to be topical with recent events. I've never been to the pub, so how would I know? Nickelodeon is just a pub easy to reach for most people which is why it was used. Although Dave thinking quiz master guy was calling him a 'cheeky fucker' (when he was saying cuccaburra) was piss funny. ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Don't worry Don, think that was aimed at me and Chris and our negativity to the place.

Tom we were just pointing out that that particular pub under the 'Hungry Horse' name has already become associated with 'undesirables' and that finding a singular parking space is difficult let alone 10 and then a table to eat at.
As for the hungry horse generally doing great food, I agree, I go to the one at Bradmore quite often.

Considering we have star city and this so close I thought the pub I recommended would be idea due to the fact it is so unbelievably cheap (and is good quality food too)

Is it your snow allergy acting up making you cranky :p

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
The next meet venue is set now as in the Calender, thought I'd update this with rough directions.

Harrowby Arms
Patshull Avenue
Fordhouses
Wolverhampton
West Midlands
WV10 6RQ

If you know the Stafford Road. HEADING TOWARDS WOLVERHAMPTON.

Firstly the big roundabout by the M54.
Carry on.
Next roundabout is Vine Island (Jaguar Land Rover)
Carry on.
At the next roundabout next to Wing Wah (chinese buffet)
Take the 3rd exit.
Carry on that residential road, bears round to the right. Pub is then on your right hand side. One car park in front of the pub and one behind.

Who's up for this on Monday then guys? Rough idea for numbers that are eating would be good. Cheers

Trophy #240/R33 GTST
I'm game! been a while! and i actually have a working clio so should probs take it out!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm 50/50 at minute. Foot depending etc. casts off Monday. If I can drive. I'm there.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Sorry boys its too far for me and I can't afford it with a track day next Saturday :D

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
This is tomorrow guys and girls. Do we have any more people up for it as we always have a good laugh at these turnouts. :)

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Well I won't be making this. Casts had to stay on. Foot is hurting still so could do with just resting it

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Hi Wayne, did text you mate. Seems it's only me, you and Ed so if you're happy with that I'll text Ed and tell him. Monday 25th sounds good to me, same place.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Just to confirm this is unfortunately postponed.

Most can't come for various personal reasons and the couple that were still coming realised It was too far just to see me :( haha.

Everyone that confirmed attendance initially has been notified.

25th?

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Sorry for my no show. Mandy has been hit by a HGV on A41 this morning. Her car is written off and she has severe whiplash (muscoskeletal) injury.

I normally turn up, but unfortunately this one is unavoidable and family come first. She is okay and now back at home, just gotta be careful. The HGV driver has admitted full liability and is reasonably local so its not too difficult to sort things out. Just ball ache of completing paperwork tomorrow. :(

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
As said by text Don just make sure she gets better soon.
Also JUST FOR YOU (and all the others that couldn't make it last minute) we're postponing this monthly. I went there anyway just I case anyone missed the info. But wasn't worth those further afield travelling purely for my company.

25th good for you? Thinking if we do it then and then miss March's as it'll be the same week as rr day & Chester meet. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone on 25th.