ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Regular West Midlands Meet - See Calendar

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Yeah, new recon engine, stage 2 clutch, new alternator.
Came to 1k. And Im fitting it with my mate who knows f**k all about engines FLOL.

Might have to have that DCI 100 of you next year, I have a few plans to make something crazy :D

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
He'll be lucky to get there without it breaking down,
i'll more than likely have to follow him just in case.

Tools and easy start in my boot ;), if it don't start I'll get any to fetch it. Btw the jag runs.... Sort of lol, it ran off on the ram last week , slipped timing chain... Ouch

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn't mind helping on the Capris Consul restoration, that thing's cool as f*ck,
do you think Andy would be alright with me lending a hand on tear down?

It would be a good way for me to learn the basics on a carb'd classic.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Didn't know it was up there when you took the mondy?

Engines not being stripped unfortunately. It's all original engine so the guy don't want it touching.

I'll ask him when he's back from his hols. Sure he won't mind. Aslong as his tools go back in the right draws haha

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Oh, it was the engine side of things I was interested in. :dapprove:

Didn't know they came with an original V6, thought it was a replacement for the stock engine.

It's the coolest UK car i've ever seen, shame the UK wasn't ready or swooping lines and 50s style fins.

Looks exactly like this one, same colour as well.

Ford_Consul_Capri.jpg

03-IMG_2865sc.jpg

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Oh, it was the engine side of things I was interested in. :dapprove:

Didn't know they came with an original V6, thought it was a replacement for the stock engine.

It's the coolest UK car i've ever seen, shame the UK wasn't ready or swooping lines and 50s style fins.

Looks exactly like this one, same colour as well.

Ford_Consul_Capri.jpg

03-IMG_2865sc.jpg
Yupp v6 as standard. f**king sounds insaine when revved on choke :evil:

Rwd 4speed. Quicker than an rs to 60mph. No joke.

Chris's one is purple with a white roof mate

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
It's not you fuckwit , I am not colour blind. The paint on it now is white purple, with glitter clear coat, not original, the receipts are for a custom colour.

Still don't know if chris has choose what colour to do it lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Here's a debate about colours! Was mr beans mini green or yellow? I say lime green

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
It was green though yes? My mate always debates that it is yellow. And I say it's green

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Colour chips says green on all three.

There was the argument that nissan marinello yellow was close back in the day but it looks miles off on the chips

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
anybody fancying doing a west midlands go-karting day some time when the weathers better?

theres a few around us lot, one iv been to thats a big outside track with twin engine karts.... altho i cannot remember the name lol

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
tophole!

i'll get looking around for a few idea's, thinking of april may time as the weather is too cold for blasting around outside atm.

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ha! Bring it on then! I'm just warning you, my legs stick above the wheel either side.
I may be able to press your pedals upon passing you too ;)

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah me and don spoke about this a while back. Not been that long since we had the last go karting I don't think but leave it with us and we'll arrange It amongst other summer activities haha. Was a great turn out last time.
next time we're banning the two lads that turned up in full race suits and kicked our arses haha.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Yeah me and don spoke about this a while back. Not been that long since we had the last go karting I don't think but leave it with us and we'll arrange It amongst other summer activities haha. Was a great turn out last time.
next time we're banning the two lads that turned up in full race suits and kicked our arses haha.

You mean the 2 locals who had been on that track a shitload of times and were essentially hustlers! ;)

Oh, and the no good who punted me into the tyre barriers and made me lose my visor and suffer pain! :race:

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I live my life a 1/4 mile at a time. Go karting isn't for me. I just drift everywhere thinking I'm doing well then come last

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
You didn't notice my beard last night then? :( took 2 weeks to get this far too :(

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Monday the 8th, next monthly meet?
Anybody got an suggestions for the meeting place?
As usual and as it's still cold looking for a pub with grub. Preferably local to someone that reguarly makes the effort to attend.

Monday the 8th, next monthly meet?
Anybody got an suggestions for the meeting place?
As usual and as it's still cold looking for a pub with grub. Preferably local to someone that reguarly makes the effort to attend.

I haven't been one yet ! Really looking forward to coming ! I don't know if you've done one close but stoke or surrounding area ? There's billions of pubs here !

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah we did the stoke area about 3 meets ago, it was a place Mike suggested.

Be good if you can make it regardless of location and then we can look at doing stoke again soon.