ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Regular West Midlands Meet - See Calendar

BG182ff,explod Focus
Yeah we did the stoke area about 3 meets ago, it was a place Mike suggested.

Be good if you can make it regardless of location and then we can look at doing stoke again soon.

I did what now?
I now I'm getting on a bit but the way I remember it you and Ade who suggested it when we were at Freds local.
All I did was case the joint a couple of weeks before the meet to see if it was OK as I'd never been there before.

Beasley is right about there being lots of pubs but the only problem is they are in Stoke so will be full of tw*ts looking for a fight or trying to sell you drugs.
The next time you soft southerners dare to travel oop north my vote is on The Darlaston Inn. Nice and easy to find on the A34 and situated inside a roundabout with the River Trent running through the car park. It has a Wacky Warehouse too so Chris and Matt should be kept entertained ;).
Of course it's pure coincidence that it is only 10min from work for me :eek:.

I would get Adam to pick next location and Dave to do one after. :)
Letting Dave choose a meet? Do they do food at Birmingham Dogs home? :rasp:

Last edited:

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Haha sorry mate thought you had, memory must be failing me. Regardless the main point was that we had already done one local to stoke but can certainly do it again maybe after Ad and then the dog home :p and will go with YOUR suggestion this time :p

BG Clio 182 - Recaro
Alright guys, looking at coming to my first meet, from the birmingham area so where is the next meet being located

Any news on these stickers?

Cheers guys

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Meeting will be by j9 of the M6 in Wednesbury (by Ikea).

Its a new pub but looks a nice place.

Matt will be PMing everyone in a bit.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I've updated the calendar to reflect this month's location. Its had good reviews, so thats good to know. Unfortunately with us lot of yocals there...it might grt bad reputation. We could always go to Ikea for horse meatballs....

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
haha, finally sort of fixed my engine issues, but in doing that , iv found more problems..... this shall be fun trying to drive down

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
andy repaired one of my old engines as a temp fix whilst we are waiting for the idiots to sort my recon'd lump out.
this ones alright, just has noisey valve trains as they are a mile out on clearances, and has f**k all power lol

cant do much til cylinder rebores sort out me recon'd lump which is SH!T work tbh! im about to go buy this 57k lump off ebay if they dont hurry up.

the sport bumper is staying, managed to take the rads out by removing the slam plates up top.

and i have the other issue now of nothing lines up to do with the sub frame, we took it off and andy thinks it was bumped into bending the body mounts, which has now deformed as well ' took ' the stress out. drivers wheel sits back to much compaired to the passengers :S

thinking about f**king the car off all together... :(

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
if i had more money ( not far off , few more months wages ) to buy a decent saph thats not chavved or missing parts/ rusty to f**k. i would like a nice solid original as possible one to start with imo.

its easier for you to get an old cortina tbh lol

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I know i've been keeping an eye on the Mk2 market, £3K and under gets me one unrestored with very little rust.

​I plan on having one before the end of the year.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
think i'll have the saph by start of next year so me and my old man can rebuild it ready for summer.

knowing dad, he'll take it to work and get all the lads to help him fix it aircraft techy style lol.

3-4k dont sound bad, im guessing they are original as can be aswell? no engine swaps ?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
yes lol, seen a video on the tube of a 440ci on itb's. i almost died of awsomeness!

tbh i more of a ford fan than i know myself. no thanks to my dad being a ford nut lol

Can't make this meet even though i can near enough see it from my house. Good luck trying to park lol it is horrendous!! better off parking on B&Q and walking over.

The Carvery is pretty nice for the money;)

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I won't be able to make this either unfortunately. Got masses of Uni work to do :( stressed out

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
Is there many going to this? :/

As usual with the monthly meet we never push for confirmation of attendance so really have no idea until we get there.

Usually get about 5 people say they're coming in advance.
A couple then don't turn up but others that didn't confirm do. Don't think we've had any less than about 7/8 before, we've had as many as about 15 too.

I know me and Don are going. Had 2 new members confirm attendance and yourself Cazzy. I've text any members that aren't so active. Most won't reply but may attend.

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
friendy85 isn't one of the members that pm'd me earlier so we now have 7. Like I say we could end up with anywhere from 5-15 haha. See you all later, I may arrive by bus lol.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
I will be there. Car aint clean...oops. I know its Derby day...as City fan I can only hope that the match is within eyesight/earshot!!!

Cup, Lude & Z
I'll be there, hopefully there will be a TV and a big steak within range.

Car park doesn't look massive could be a B & Q job

Last edited:

mharvey

ClioSport Club Member
I'll be there, hopefully there will be a TV and a big steak within range.

Car park doesn't look massive could be a B & Q job

Yeah think Martin mentioned that, not sure what it's like but we'll improvise.
A steak is a given and as for the TV/Derby, can't see it being any other way.

Clio 172 Monaco
Was nice meeting you all didn't get speak to everyone but I'm sure I will be at next one :) was good put couple faces to names Cazzy :)