ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Red or LY R27? Opinions

1.2 16v Clio
It wont be long now untill i have saved enough money and be at a reasonable age to get insured on a new car so will be able to trade the 1.2 in. Have been set on an R27 for a while now and when first looking i only wanted a red one and never considered any other colour. Then the local dealership by me got a LY R27 in so i nipped down to have a look and it has totally thrown me off what colour i actually want to get :dapprove:.

I think in certain circumstances, when done properly.. the red 197's look absolutely lush but they can also look like just another road car, however since seeing the LY R27 in the flesh i am more and more drawn towards that colour. My car at the moment is black and its a colour i will not be going back to for a long time as you seem to see every flaw.

What are peoples opinions on which colour looks the best? :approve:

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  Evo 6/Ph1 v6/R34
Red, they look great! Best colour for R27 IMO.

LY R27's are common as muck...

Crappy work hire car
Red all the way - but then its my fave colour so I'm biased. Red cars always go faster or so I've heard ;)

1.2 16v Clio
1.2 to an R27!?

Yes :D, have had it for three years now and its getting boring to say the least. Would say my interest in cars has become alot bigger in the past 2 years so id like to get something i can have some fun with on and off track :)

Its just a case of me having my mind set on the colour and then somone on here posts up a pic of some real nice pics of their car and it messes with my mind on what i want again haha.

Inferno 182
The red R27 does look stunning and there are only 70 of them about compared to 142 LY R27's

LY 200
I own Nimbus but would've probably snapped an LY R27 up over it if one come up with the same age and spec as my Nimbus which is practically an R27 minus the decals and plaque!

LY is the muts (much like AG on the 200) regardless of what any of the boring homos say although it can be abit of liability at times for the fact it gets a LOT of unwanted attention as i found out with my LY 182!

As for the LY R27's being popular and that being a bad thing (even though theres still very few of them really) they are popular for a reason.

R26, R27
LY R27 is def the best colour. probably easier to sell on then red. LY fetch a big premium on the 182's at the moment

Not a 320d
1.2 to an R27!?

love it when pople make out that 197's or any renaultsport clio is some kind of race car or super car lol.

Oh and i considered a LY, only went with the pice of s**t i have now because of insurance and running costs. BIGGEST mistake i ever made, i swear to god i will never buy another renault.

Black 'Cup Packed' 197
LY all day long. I was gonna get a red 197, but after going and looking at them in the flesh I think theyre a bit try hard. a little "im a sports car....honest!". Even though LY is in your face I think the quality of the finish and the depth of the paint really stands out!

LY 200
Ultra Red.

LY is for steers and queers.

f**kING LAUGH OUT LOUD - Coming from the bloke who drives/drove a lairy light blue/smurf looking car with bender like white wheels!

:lolup: alright mate!

Gotta love all the sheep 'follow Munson' muppets on this forum.

LY 200
You do nothing but rattle on about it being the queers choice closely followed by your vice captain Daniel and then by the ones who just fancy a few swings when nobody really gives a s**t whether you girls like it or not! We all know by now that you dont!

We see it in every LY related thread and its boring.

Awwww diddums. Did little cutey wootsy LY get offended? Strike a light matey! Read the thread title.

Why so SRS?

EDIT: BTW I've never said I don't like it. I think it's an awesome colour. For girls.

Last edited: