ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recieved my 3/4 plate today...

Renault Clio 172 Cup
Why don't people fit them with Velcro coins and just keep the original in the boot/behind the seat with the Velcro coins on too, so if you do get stopped you can swap it there and then, and possibly avoid a fine?

I got stopped twice for pressed plates but swapped back there and then, and avoided a fine :)

clio sold :(
Had my rover plates all on velcro
They had carbon letters and no dealer postcode so come Mot time it was a good pull and they would peel off for a super fast swap.

Only worry is on one of them police programmes they fined a bloke who had removable plates.i think they called it or the Charge "equipped to steal"
Probably the scenario of quick plate removal before filling up and driving off I would imagine

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Why don't people fit them with Velcro coins and just keep the original in the boot/behind the seat with the Velcro coins on too, so if you do get stopped you can swap it there and then, and possibly avoid a fine?

I got stopped twice for pressed plates but swapped back there and then, and avoided a fine :)

When the police see you have the standard one there and then ready to change then obviously you know the 3/4 is illegal and they are likely to give you a fine!

Ive got mine on under my standard plate, for trackdays and photos etc.

I was stopped before and got a warning for mine and was given 21 days to change it. I personally love the look of it but i really dont think its worth a 60 quid fine!

Alfa GT Cloverleaf
Ive had mine on for about 2 years and had no trouble. With it not being stupidly small I dont think it is noticed really

I'm for sure in the minority here really not keen on that size of plate.

Might never get pulled in for it but the worry would kill me and that £60 could be put toward making the car go faster/sounding better.

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
hmm i'd like a 5/6 plate as its not so much smaller cops will not pick up on it yet it makes it look better. can you buy this anywhere?

Audi A5
Pictures?

best i could find, i havn't really got a close up.

8150947727_5b7500945c_c.jpg

_DSC0041 by bobby683, on Flickr

I've had mine on for about a year and a half. Never had any trouble from the police, drove behind and past plenty of them.

It's even passed it's MOT twice with them on (first time I forgot to change it)

Is it true that plates are illegal if they don't have the postcode/manufacture's name etc.. even if they are full size?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes Danny even full sized plates are illegal if they dont have the numbers on them!

Can you get a numberplate with full sized letters and numbers which would be legal, but still fit the recess of the bumper?

Audi A5
No I don't think so, if you did I'm pretty sure the lettering would sit to close to the edge making it illegal anyway.

Yes Danny even full sized plates are illegal if they dont have the numbers on them!

Can you get a numberplate with full sized letters and numbers which would be legal, but still fit the recess of the bumper?

Ooh fair enough then. Guess I've just been lucky. I always carry the old ones under the carpet in the boot just in case.

I think the letters would be too tall to fit in the recess if they are full size.

Inferno 225 cup
I've just took delivery this morning of my plates form fancy plates, and FFS they have done the wrong measurements!!

Inferno 225 cup
I've sent a polite email, as I spoke to Joanne the other day.

The size are perfect, but the front is the size I wanted for the back and the back is the perfect size I wanted for the fronts.

SQ5
You people that have been getting away with it for years annoy me. Raging i cant use mine >.>

Funny story actually. Missus had one on her 172 and was pulled because the copper wanted to tell her off about her factory fitted xenons because they were apparently illegal. He then told her her exhaust was too loud and illegal.

He failed to see the only illegal thing which was the plate!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Funny story actually. Missus had one on her 172 and was pulled because the copper wanted to tell her off about her factory fitted xenons because they were apparently illegal. He then told her her exhaust was too loud and illegal.

He failed to see the only illegal thing which was the plate!

LOL.. stupid f*****s sometimes!