ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recieved my 3/4 plate today...

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Just had to take mine off. Got away with just a warning from the police this time. Got fined £30 about 4 months ago. I agree they look better though.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Anybody have any problems with the cops using the usual excuse of "it's illegal coz the ANPR's won't read it"

Other than that looks sweet dude :).

Yeh £60 fine, was nice. My old car was stupid loud though so was pulled for that and they spotted the plate whilst having a nose. I have one on my current car and so far so good, just obviously had to the change it for MOT.

Fitted mine yesterday, made the world of difference :)

Before;

315947_10150423033334459_778874458_10076788_2045994291_n.jpg

After;

302015_10150429419324459_778874458_10113761_450696232_n.jpg

Clio 172,Focus rs
Did not realize you boys consider even the license plates on your cars for them to look better! my plate is all beat up hahaha. Good attention to details!

clio 5door sport rep
are these legal?

edit--- just seen the above guys getting 60 quid and 30 quid fines. not worth it imo for a 1/4 off the size.....

ill stay put :)

Last edited:
  Disastra Coupe
Spanish boy, you really need to pay attention before replying to threads. Think that's 3 posts of yours i've seen you end up realising you sound a bit daft after :rasp:

Plate looks good, did mine the other week.

clio 5door sport rep
Spanish boy, you really need to pay attention before replying to threads. Think that's 3 posts of yours i've seen you end up realising you sound a bit daft after :rasp:

Plate looks good, did mine the other week.
least im good enough to own up to it afters ;-)

RB 182
Just got mine today. Must say the quality is very good. Cost me twice as much as my last set of plates but are twice the quality. The last plates seemed to have been made up completely differently.

Vectra
This maybe off topic but I think am in the right place lol

I might get myself some 3/4 plates (I will carry standard in boot just to be safe) but can you get vinyl plates I dont really know how to explain but it would be like a sticker smaller that standard almost 3/4 size..I saw a scooby with the reg plate as a sticker looked good had no reflection either so at night you wouldn't notice it, its illegal but so is 3/4

Anyone got any ideas??
Cheers

Astra H vxr
i ordered one the other day, aint got round to fitting it yet, but coz of my private reg ive only got 6digits and now begining to think it may look too small and more noticeable then the standard plate lol :eek:

Astra Twintop
I got stopped
Fined £30
And every copper checked up on me!
Bearing in mind the Xmas season is coming, and there will be more old bill out.

Had a marker on the car!!

SQ5
I used to have my 3/4 plate on with double sided sticky foam pads. Then on all the straight lettering had thin strips of Velcro holding my normal size plate on!

BG 182 (full fat)
Paid just over a tenner for mine without discount, front only. Goin to get myself another one, as I've put holes in this one and doesn't look as good.

Titanium 182
arh sod it its only goin to be pennies discount anyway im buying mine now :)

Sorry for the late reply, best bet is to call them up - never know as well, if you've made the order and state the transaction ID number and the fact you're a member on here they might refund you the difference? It's 10% so I saved £2.50 odd on the last set I ordered. Nothing major, but it keeps you coming back :)

Titanium 182
i use the velcro coins on my 3 quarter plate they work a treat

Where do you get them from? Other than eBay, as I put my new plate on tomorrow so can't wait for delivery! Might just sticky pad it if I can't find any elsewhere (Halfords don't have them).

Nickw88

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW 430D & T5
Sorry for the late reply, best bet is to call them up - never know as well, if you've made the order and state the transaction ID number and the fact you're a member on here they might refund you the difference? It's 10% so I saved £2.50 odd on the last set I ordered. Nothing major, but it keeps you coming back :)

It may be a little late now if you've ordered already but this is what I did. I then had the discount credited back to my card. Have always bought plates from here and can't fault the quality and service