ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear boot catch rattle- clio 2003 1.2

Clio 1.2 Dynamique
hello guys,
i have recently purchased a clio 1.2 2003 and there is an terrible rattle/knock coming from the rear boot catch when going over rough surfaces at every speed. i am sure it is the catch as with the boot open and drving over a rough surface the noise is gone. i have dismantled the boot lid and there doesnt seem to be a problem.
has anyone experienced this? thanks

Clown Car
Yes, i have found that if you apply some grease to the lock mechanism, the rattle goes away, also check that the parcel shelf is not rattling.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
to 100% fix it you need to dismantle the catch pin. Take off the black internal trip that goes the length of the boot........... this then exposes the latch. At each end of the latch there are x2 white bushes, trun them round about a quarter of a turn, that should sort it ;)