ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear anti roll bar for Castle Combe

182cup & 172 racecar
Depends on the state of the rest of your suspension and set up. Combe is fairly bumpy as well.
It is easy enough to disconnect it though, if it is wet.

Clio 172 Sport
Cheers for the replies.

Suspension set is Koni SRT (not great) shocks all round, paired with Eibach Sportline lowering springs.

Is the anti roll not great in the wet then? Is the car better without it then?

I had cup shocks and Eibach springs with my rear ARB for a good while. Worked very well for two little modifications.

Go for it, you wont be disappointed. Easy to bolt on and off too as Tony has said.

What a rear ARB basically does is stiffen up the rear end, keeping it flatter and therefore giving you a bit more oversteer. Good in the dry for better turn in through corners, but in the wet it 'can' make the rear a bit too stiff and a bit too tail happy. I don't think you'll have this problem with your current setup though.

I did a monsoon wet track day at Snetterton last and I simply just unbolted it for a bit more stability. So worst case you can put it onto a softer setting (if it's adjustable) or unbolt it if it's too stiff for you.

182cup & 172 racecar
I wasn't saying you were wrong Martin, just got to be careful saying it's the best thing.

But at least with these, 10mins to unbolt, sorted.:nut::spanner:

I'm sure just one is needed (disconnect the bar from the drop link on one side).

I wasn't accusing you of anything anyway Tony :) Just agreeing with you on how quick they are to unbolt if needed.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Combe can be a skating rink when wet depending on what's been going on there previously. Great circuit though. Plenty of scope to get the tail into play on a standard car so should be good fun with a rear Anti-roll.

If you haven't done Combe before then be careful of the false apex at camp where a lift to correct for the actual apex can be nasty as there is bugger all run-off on the outside of the circuit there. I personally think it needs more respect than Avon rise and Quarry.

Clio 172 Sport
Well I've finally bitten the bullet and bought a Whiteline rear ARB so will fit it next week ready for Retro, Classic & Fit care show at Combe next month...hoping it doesn't rain now.

Anyone else on here going?

Clio 172 Sport
Fitted the rear anti roll bar for Retro and it really does make a difference...back end just feels planted now....was quite happy as once i got some clear space ahead of me i managed 1:28's at combe.

Will say it now feels to soft on the front now...i have a front strut brace to fit for the next track day...does anyone know if this will help at all?

Luke

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
The closer the strut towers are to the bulkhead and the stiffer the car the less effective they are. They are more effective on old cars where the towers were halfway down a wing and the chassis was as rigid as jelly.

Clio 172 Sport
Cheers guys....looks like I'm better off going down the coilovers route then.

Is there an updated front anti roll bar option?

Clio 172 Sport
Only doing track days, would love to do racing but don't have the funds for that.

I was thinking about that as you get it included in a full day at Combe don't you?
I can just tell the front needs stiffening up a bit more. Looking at the pics from Retro car show it's looks like its leans on the passenger front a hell of alot.

Clio 172 Sport
One of the pics

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1435225898783.jpg
    FB_IMG_1435225898783.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 65
  182cup & 172 racecar
Doesn't matter if it leans or not, it's what it handles like etc.
Is it the same suspension from new, 53 plate they will now be getting tired. We have lads race in the production class on standard shocks and lowering springs, Apex, Cooksports etc. These are surprisingly cheap, and make the world of difference.
Worth a try first tbh.

Ask Bob the builder on here, or Adam Gittings.

Clio 172 Sport
Hi Tony,

It's on eibach sport line lowering springs and koni shocks currently. Though these were done before I bought it, wonder if they are getting a bit tired now.
Anyone used the K tech coilovers or the gaz ones?

Clio 172 Sport
Anyone know how much a second hand white line rear anti roll bar would be worth in really good condition?