ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MOT Advisories (Anti-roll bar pin)

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on my latest MOT advisories. The Clio has been off the road for a year due to lack of requirement and time.
Anyway, I'd like to get it back on the road but wanted to sort a few issues first.

The ones I'm not sure on are the anti-roll bar pins or bush. Is this referring to the wishbone bushes?

Screenshot 2023-07-24 105211.png

G. Brzęczyszczykiewicz

CSF Harvester
ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Hi All,

I'm looking for some advice on my latest MOT advisories. The Clio has been off the road for a year due to lack of requirement and time.
Anyway, I'd like to get it back on the road but wanted to sort a few issues first.

The ones I'm not sure on are the anti-roll bar pins or bush. Is this referring to the wishbone bushes?

View attachment 1653781
"Outer sill covers fitted"

Did you take it to Halfords by any chance? What a ridiculous thing to put as an advisory 😂

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404
"Outer sill covers fitted"

Did you take it to Halfords by any chance? What a ridiculous thing to put as an advisory 😂

:ROFLMAO: I did think that one was a little odd. I guess it's just that they can't assess the possibility of rust on the sills?
It went to Mick at Diamond Motors for belts etc and he put it through the MOT with another garage (I'm not sure which).

STRBramley

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #404

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
It's worth getting the car jacked up and inspecting the bushes for yourself.

It's not a fun job, and if they're not actually that bad it's one you can leave for another time.