ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB182: V6 Airbox Fitted

Renault Sport Clio 182
im just refering to Curley saying 'sligtly revs better'

i know the temp of air in that part of the engine chamber might not really be any diff to it comeing from the CAF, thats why im wondering if taking it off provides greater air flow therefor making it rev better?

or am i talking sillyness?

200 Gordini
im just refering to Curley saying 'sligtly revs better'

i know the temp of air in that part of the engine chamber might not really be any diff to it comeing from the CAF, thats why im wondering if taking it off provides greater air flow therefor making it rev better?

or am i talking sillyness?

Thats spot on.

Look at the original CAF. With the bends, smaller opening (where it joined with the acoustic valve) and the fluffy bit.. it is absolutely pants and definitely restricting the air flow.

B

Bucko

Mine will be going back on tomorrow, regardless of whether there are any performance benefits I just can't drive around in a car that sounds like a 1.2 with a K&N on it

B

Bucko

Yep, just the standard CAF on my standard PH2 airbox. I'm not suggesting the PH1 or Espace V6 is noisy as i've never experienced it

200 Gordini
Im going to be getting the V6 set up. I'd probably have it positioned like 'Quade' 172 with the ECU laid flat and the battery in the boot.

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
I've been considering fitting a V6 airbox for a while, i even bought one about 6 months ago but sold it on as i was proper skint!

On the subject of CAF pipes and removing the standard side entry pipe as they are only a 'shoulder part', am i really reading it right?

This morning i was bored and decided to try it out, so i pulled off the fluffy pipe that goes from the standard PH2 airbox down behind the nearside headlight.

Is this right? All i seems to have done it make my car sound like a boy racer when i floor it...

Looking at that photo, is there any way to run some ducting from the front grill (in line with the renault badge) to the intake. Not sealed, but just placed there to ram some air in the right direction ?

DrewBear11

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST
Where can i buy this JMS induction system ?

I've just ordered a ktec cat back, so it should go nicely once fitted :)