ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The back of the car, the roof and behind the dash has now been lacquered. We've left the front because of all of the climbing in and out we'll be doing in the coming weeks and once everything's done, another couple of coats will be sprayed on and then lacquered.
Need to get some rear 'door' cards to fill in the gaps on the rear side panels, decided to do this over wasting loads of paint getting all in the big gaps.

Can see how the colour transforms once it's been lacquered, compared to how dull it is on the floor! :hearteyes:
DulfWk5.jpg

OQiwxmH.jpg

aA563da.jpg

We're so pleased with how it looks so far and it's safe to say we're definitely going to be pleased with the whole interior when it's finished.

The next jobs for us are to order the fuel lines (early Christmas present for me from Alex and her dad :yum:), which we're currently pricing up at the moment. Gonna go for braided rubber lines over PTFE - 1. One of our friends has had many nightmares with leaking fuel lines which he used PTFE for and regrets going for them. The only reason he bought them was a mistake because they we're cheaper to buy than rubber 😂. 2. We like the smell of fuel which rubber lines make the car reek of 😂:up:.

Next time I'm down with the car will be Tuesday night. My plan is:
  • Mount the dash and work out with Pete how we're going to mount the fusebox in a rigid position to fit through the vent hole.
  • Begin putting the wiring loom into the car.
  • Mount the plumbed in extinguisher bracket into the holes that we've drilled.
  • Bolt the fuel tank in.
Apologies for the lack of updates, keep struggling to find the time between uni work to update this and work on the car. Speaking of uni work... I'm currently in the process of designing some roll centre correction hubs as part of an assignment, which I plan to test on this car once complete. This will be a few months minimum tho but I'm quite excited at the prospect.

Really happy with the progress this week, feels like there's been a turning point where we can finally start to 'build' the car now and it's really fun!
So I mentioned Sunday we needed to order some rear panels which were delivered today! Once again big thanks to Chris at CM Composites and would highly recommend him and his parts.

Now need to order some industrial strength double sided foam/tape to stick these on.
Lgcj8T3.jpg

Also this week, we sprayed the fuel tank mounting straps yellow to match the roll cage and fitted some rubber protectors so they don't rub the fuel tank. After that, we dropped the rubber that we'd bought (and cut to size) previously and the tank in the car and bolted it in properly. Also quickly shoved the filler neck on which we now need to cut to size once we've bolted the filler on the body. They look really smart imo.
WoGKxek.jpg

Another job ticked off the list, that you've probably spotted from the above picture is we bolted the plumbed in fire extinguisher in so we can now line that up. Can see the other side of the tank straps here too, again looking smart :tongueout:
XnC24VR.jpg

So because the fuel tank is now in place it allowed us to measure up the fuel lines properly and work out the fittings we're going to need. After a lot of head scratching me and Pete went through it tonight and have come to a conclusion. I've drawn up a messy little diagram which I tried to make neat... of what we're going to need. I've contacted Torques UK on eBay upon multiple recommendations from various people and I'm hoping he can come up with a good price cus it's gonna be bloody expensive!:neutral:
cBk8HAN.jpg

List of Fuel line + Fittings Needed:
  • 2x AN-8 Female to AN-6 Male Straight Reducer
  • 3x AN-6 90Deg Swivel Connector
  • 9x AN-6 Straight Swivel Hose End
  • 1x AN-8 Male to AN-6 Male Straight Reducer
  • 1x M12 x 1.5 Male to AN-6 Male Adaptor
  • 2x AN-6 90Deg Bulkhead Fitting.
  • 10M -6 Stainless Steel Braided fuel hose - Rubber inner.
We've previously mentioned months ago about mounting the fuse box in the dash - recently we've been trying to come up with solutions as to how we could mount this securely enough to take the weight of all the wiring behind it too. So we fabricated the mount shown below. It'll be sprayed black and re-fitted in the coming days but just wanted to show a picture of it on as I'm quite pleased with how it looks - even in bare metal form.
uog93sF.jpg

Let the progress continue!!

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
nice work, just one quikc point though have you thought about lateral loading on those tank straps? the tank when full under heavy cornering is going to want to slide from side to side

personally i'd weld some little upright plates to the boot floor either side for it to slot into before being strapped down :)

nice work, just one quikc point though have you thought about lateral loading on those tank straps? the tank when full under heavy cornering is going to want to slide from side to side

personally i'd weld some little upright plates to the boot floor either side for it to slot into before being strapped down :smile:
Thankyou, fair point that is tbh it makes sense. It is ridiculously tight in the straps but you're right perhaps we may need to do that. These straps have been used in numerous cars I've seen though and they've never had any issues but I'll keep my eye out when we start using the car.:tonguewink:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
it'll probably be fine, but sideways load on them will be the weakest point on if it shifts, even a little, repeatedly this will lead to stress and metal fatigue surprisingly quickly

Had a short drive down to Tegiwa today to purchase some of the fuel lines. What a place! The cars there are stunning and it seems like such a good working environment to be in for all the lads that were there... not jealous at all. Special thanks for the good price they gave me, I'd definitely recommend their service and will use them again in the future.
cETV1F0.jpg

8EMpa9K.jpg

x9 Straight AN-6 Hose Connectors
x2 Bulkhead 90 Fittings
x3 Swivel 90 Fittings
10m -6 Braided Rubber inner fuel hose

Unfortunately they don't supply the other fittings we need so I've had to source them off eBay. A lot of people recommended using Torques on eBay who I've contacted multiple times for them to not get back to me! You'd like to think they'd be as helpful as possible if you're giving them loads of money - clearly not. So.. avoiding them from now on. The remaining fittings should hopefully be coming on Thursday or Friday at the latest - meaning we can start the fuel lines Thursday or if they don't come Thursday; on Sunday :smiley:

Waiting on now:
x4 AN-6 Nuts (For bulkhead connectors)
x2 AN-8 Female to AN-6 Male Reducer
x1 M12x1.5 Male to AN-6 Male Adapter
x1 AN-8 Male to AN-6 Male Straight Adapter

robzracing

ClioSport Club Member
It's a pity Torques weren't helpful. Their product has always been excellent and delivery always really quick. I think the trouble with a lot of EBay traders now is that they are literally just box shifters and have no interest in getting any more involved than that. Good luck with it though, I have done my fuel lines in AN-6 over the past few months with a return line as well. You'll find everything else you need on EBay even if you don't go with Torques. More and more suppliers seem to be selling this gear now.

massiveCoRbyn

ClioSport Club Member
  Several
Surprised you have had trouble with Torques as they have helped me no end. Have you messaged them through eBay or emailed them directly? I tend to go direct as they usually respond more quickly.

It's a pity Torques weren't helpful. Their product has always been excellent and delivery always really quick. I think the trouble with a lot of EBay traders now is that they are literally just box shifters and have no interest in getting any more involved than that. Good luck with it though, I have done my fuel lines in AN-6 over the past few months with a return line as well. You'll find everything else you need on EBay even if you don't go with Torques. More and more suppliers seem to be selling this gear now.
Yeah I really did want to order from them but imo waiting 5 days for a response is mad especially when spending that sort of money... Even ignored me when I asked if he'd received the messages.

Surprised you have had trouble with Torques as they have helped me no end. Have you messaged them through eBay or emailed them directly? I tend to go direct as they usually respond more quickly.
Yeah everyone says they're the best. I messaged them through eBay he replied once then I've heard nothing for 5 days since. In that time I've messaged them on Facebook also and they've read it but not replied so I gave in and went elsewhere.

Drilled holes in the plate I'd previously made today and bolted it onto the car to get the right fitment for the filler hose. Then the filler hose was also cut to shape - meaning the filler system is complete now (apart from paint - it's currently primed and drying). Here's a picture of it fitted with the hose cut down to the right length and angle. It'll look smart once it's been painted and wont be seen 99% of the time due to the original filler flap being put back on after it's completed.

The hole I cut out in the rear arch wasn't quite big enough so we cut a few more mm out of that so that the pipe didn't rub. At some point we need to make a plate to cover the surrounding hole and put a seal around the pipe where it'll go through to prevent water ingress.
IcWxHD7.jpg

While that was being done by Alex and Pete, I set about making the dash! The first thing I did was bolt in the fuse box mount we'd previously fabricated. I sprayed this on Thursday night, and whilst waiting for it to dry we made another plate for the centre of the dash as we decided our previous design was inferior to our new idea.
202XkrH.jpg

We welded a bracket to the dash bar on the roll cage, for the dash to bolt to centrally - giving it more strength due to it not being supported by the lower dash anymore. This was designed so that the bolt holding the dash to this bracket could be disguised by the plate we put in the centre of the dash (shown below). I marked equidistant holes on the fake carbon sheet and drilled them, through the dash also - then bolted them in, working my way down the dash to pull the plate in step by step. The untidy groove at the bottom of the dash is so that the wiring can be routed to the switches and autolec - so it doesn't matter it's untidy as it will be completely covered up. The dash is really solid now which is what we intended when designing the aforementioned so it's been a great success. I'm really proud of how it looks and once the dash pod and clocks are fitted it will look really nice imo.
rujmTHh.jpg

The next thing we need to figure out is how to mount the speedo clocks. The difficulty we're having is they wont sit in the usual place due to:
  1. Rollcage dash bar being in the way.
  2. Lower dash isn't there to bolt the clocks to (which is the original mounting position).
In addition to that, I need to now drill holes in the dash pod and carbon mounting plate to bolt it onto the dash. Then we can either start the wiring process again, or the fuel lines!

Really enjoying building the car atm, love designing little bits and bolting them to the car. Nice being able to have the time to make some parts instead of just buying everything and bolting it on.

Last night I fitted the steering column back in the car and then begun trying to mount the dash pod onto the carbon plate we'd made. I couldn't however find any bolts suitable so I've ordered some which will probably arrive after Christmas now. Won't be able to touch the car until then anyway so it's not a problem.

Dash will look smart once complete, after a good clean.
R2vSe9t.jpg

After that I positioned the clocks where I wanted them to be and then started to think of ideas how to mount them. Myself and Pete figured that it'd make sense to make a bracket welded to the dash bar on the rollcage once again. Whilst I held the clocks in position, Pete measured the correct angle and length of the bracket that we needed to fabricate. The bracket we came up with consists of two plates that bolt into the original mounting holes for the clocks each side, then a nut + bolt that has been slit and re-welded at an angle. Only managed to complete one side last night, but the other side wont take much doing as we've got all the measurements now.

It's kinda hard to explain but it's really simple:tearsofjoy:, a picture of it is below if anyone is trying to do the same thing at any point. Will re-paint this area at a later date but currently focused on more important things - it's hidden behind the dash anyway.
POICalS.jpg

Below is how the clocks sit now one side of the bracket is complete. Unfortunately it leaves a gap between the bottom of the clocks and the dash but it's nothing a carbon plate can't sort out - I've already designed how we'll secure it in place also, so shouldn't be too bad to make:yum:
3ZKOnHM.jpg

I think once the dash pod is fastened on and the clocks are in properly with the carbon recess to fill the gap, we can start to either do the fuel lines or the wiring. Most probably the fuel lines and then wires so we can get the car running finally.

Have a good Christmas all, hope everyone gets lots of car parts!:beers:

Had a good few hours yesterday down with the car. I managed to finalise the dash whilst Alex and her dad fitted the rear quarter cards.
jGQimXj_d.jpg

dInEbhz_d.jpg

Still need to make a recess to fill the gap between the clocks and dash but not too worried about that anytime soon.

Also fitted the battery in it's cage and bolted it in with some foam strips so it doesn't rub :up:
BLlJjcC_d.jpg

Todays job is the engine bay fuel lines and maybe the wiring if we get time!

Made a start on the fuel lines yesterday. Engine bay is all lined up and the inside has been started. Now awaiting delivery of a fitting and the bracket for the fuel pump so we can complete the inside lines. (Need these to finalise the positions of everything so we can get the right length of fuel hose cut)
hAeGbky_d.jpg

80Je7aA_d.jpg

QybvVI6_d.jpg

NCTuIGg_d.jpg

Also going to alter the dash pod and move the autolec switch to the left rather than the right in order so the external pull cable has the right angle to activate the key.

Ordered some battery lead for the next job which will be wiring up the battery to the autolec and fuse box etc :smile: Then finally start the car 😂

Not had a great deal of time to do much this week due to uni work building up to my deadlines on Wednesday however we've been able to chip away at a few jobs this weekend as I've nearly finished them (thank god) :persevere: Here's a pic of my nearly finished suspension system based mostly off dimensions from a 182 Cup.
LAbQ8MB.jpg

The fuel lines are now done and just need to be P-Clipped down - the pump and filter are mounted in their brackets. This will be done when the floorpan of the interior has been sprayed and laquered.
RR9kYrZ.jpg

We've also been busy re-designing the dash pod because we had nowhere to mount our little fusebox that would be needed when wiring up fuel pump switches and other accessory switches, etc. What we've come up with is a small 'cup racer' style switch panel that will be located between the gearknob and the handbrake. May still need to modify the handbrake slightly as it's a bit close to the switches currently. Pic of the panel is below and where we plan to mount it. Still a WIP atm as need to locate a PH1 Hazard button to incorporate into the panel and then drill a hole for the extinguisher pull cord. (Note the plate is just laying on top of the box and not fixed down yet, it's not actually wonky or overhanging :wink:)
pYlLiY0.jpg

Relocating all the switches freed up the dash pod, meaning we could put some gauges and the fusebox there - solving all our problems :up: Pic below shows the design/location where things will be going :grin:
TlwRKxc.jpg

Now need to fit the junction box which I've ordered in the engine bay and then do all of the wiring involved to get the car up and running. Decided to leave chopping the loom until after our first trackday, let's go and have some fun in it before breaking the wires again 😂

Booked the first track day last night which is on May 12th and is a welsh road rally stage! Best get cracking, will be mint doing it with all our friends/family in their cars as our first outing.

Made a little earth post for next to the battery yesterday. Pete is gonna go down to a local shop Saturday for us and pick up the remaining connectors we need for the autolec, junction box and bulkhead connector. Should be able to get most if not all of the battery lead made up Sunday.
Jx6ZHm8.jpg

After that, I started drilling holes for the P clips to be riveted in after the remainder of the interior has been sprayed/laquered. Quite happy with how neat I've been able to do them so far, but they'll obviously be a lot neater once securely clipped down. I managed to get as far as finishing the front, but then ran out of P clips because I didn't order enough :down: Some more are in the post now and I should be able to get the remainder of the lines clipped in place on Sunday if they come in time.

The interior is going to look very smart once everything is in! :hearteyes:
sjntRER.jpg

KhzFDV6.jpg

vDsOcXO.jpg

I nipped down to the local auto electrical shop and picked up all the required battery terminals today, so that I could cut all the battery lead to size and fit them tonight. All of the internal and external main feeds are now made up and ready to be connected up. Not doing the interior yet as we'll have to take them out again once the rest of the interior gets sprayed, but they're ready.

Managed to use the existing wiring to the starter and alternator and re-soldered the appropriate terminal for our junction box on. Saved a few metres of cable and some time :smiley:.
Um9PJr0.jpg

The P-Clips I ordered came today too so I managed to get the remainder of those loosely fastened in and laid out in roughly the right route I want them. I can't wait to rivet them down and make them actually neat and not loose everywhere 😂
uf6tQRG.jpg

Way ahead of schedule for this week then and so that means on Sunday the job list includes:
  • Fit the small fuse box onto the dash pod and create a live for it from the bulkhead connector.
  • Plug interior plugs into relevant parts and connect all earths up.
  • Begin wiring the flick switches up from the control panel.
Should be able to start the car soon fingers crossed :smirk:

The reason for lack of updates this past week is I've been working a lot of stuff out such as what different wires do in order to begin wiring and also planning routes for the wires to go etc etc. Tonight I earthed all the loom in the car and in the engine bay and plugged everything in, in order to begin wiring and testing. We've decided to have another panel bridging over the central tunnel exactly the same as the switch panel shown previously, which will house two 4 way relay boxes to allow wiring numerous things like the fuel pump and some spare ones for future ancillaries - forgot to take a pic of those but nothing interesting.

After that with the help of a friend, we wired up the start and ignition switches; extending the existing wires to the required lengths to reach our switch panel and route to the desired location. Much easier than I thought it would be tbf! Obviously need tidying up but will do that after I've finished wiring.
2XFCfUT.jpg

So after connecting everything up and wiring those two switches, I decided to see if the wires worked for the first time with this new loom 😊
I took the inlet manifold off and took a spark plug out, connected it back up to the lead and turned the lights off... Pete watched for a spark whilst I turned over the car using the start button and it worked first time much to our surprise! :smirk: I'll try not to break this loom 😂 This means that once we wire the fuel pump up the car will finally come to life.

Next on the list is:
  • Wire up the small fuse box.
  • Wire up and make a new plate for the relay boxes.
  • Wire up the fuel pump switch.
  • Buy and fit a hazard light switch to the switch panel + plug it in.

Car should be up and running in the next couple of weeks for sure!

Since the last update I've been busy wiring away and also busy at work and uni unfortunately so it's taken a lot longer than I'd planned to get to where the car is now.
The little bits that I've been managing to do some evenings have all come together today however after spending a good afternoon down with the car. Last week I wired up a permanent live to the fuse box on the dash pod, running a wire from the bulkhead connector.

I also made a new plate for the relay boxes to fit into (with the help of Pete's welding). Then bolted the boxes in and begun wiring...
nZ1jV6T.jpg

I begun by creating an earth post on the front bulkhead to run earths to for the relays and eventually the main loom. Then I wired up the fuel pump through the relay, fusebox and switch... after much head scratching trying to get my head around it. Once again I've not fastened any of the wires down yet as will still need to take a lot of them out/tidy them up to finish spraying the inside so there was no point. Just needed to get the car running to begin cutting the loom again and other stuff.
io3Fcf0.jpg

zkSANfP.jpg

While I was busy wiring away - Alex and Pete installed the filler cap and pipe so we could put some petrol in the tank to start the car, will be painted when the rest of the car is.
BJKsskt.jpg

After I'd finished wiring the fuel pump up, I connected the fuel lines back up and tightened them all up. Then we had a go at starting the car for the first time in our ownership... a few months under a year later, we're proud to say it lives!! Even if it does sound like a motorbike with no exhaust or airbox attached 😂

After celebrating quite a lot... I got back to being serious and took the slam panel off so I could drop the competition alloy Polo radiator we'd bought in the eBay 20% off sale not so long ago. Need to make brackets for this to mount it next and then get the coolant pipes connected back up and then the exhaust. This will allow us to then run the car without doing any harm so we can cut the wiring loom down again.

kYKlDzh.jpg

So along with that, we can also get on with wiring up the radiator fan and also some internal fans which will both need mounting. Plenty to keep busy on as usual! So happy with the progress today, feels like the car is finally coming together 😅 Over the moon.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, we've ordered some wheels! New Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2 in White, 15x7 ET35 :tongueout:

Last edited:
At the weekend we plumbed in a capillary oil pressure gauge to the car, by removing the sensor located at the front of the sump. We then made our own fitting from the existing one by welding a nut on it to suit the size of the fitting crimped on our braided hose for the gauge.
WDeww8p_d.jpg

Got a slight leak where the hose screws into the gauge so need to replace the fibre washer to solve that - some in the post now.

While I continue with my big wiring job, Alex is working on freshening up the engine bay. She painted most of the engine and gearbox today and it's looking really good so far! Not much more to do now and that will be done. Decided to do it now before we fill the engine bay with hoses and radiator etc.
UETFmbR_d.jpg

Once that's finished Alex can fit the new coolant bottle which will further improve the look of the bay :smiley: Think that got delivered today so will be on soon.

Also bought at the weekend a hydraulic handbrake so when that arrives we can begin fabricating a bracket to mount that after working out a final position for it.

The new coolant bottle came yesterday so that is now fitted to the car - looks so much better than the grubby old one, we just need to file the threads so the cap seals as its the ECP one.
toH2Kma.jpg

Today we’ve been trying to figure out how to mount our aluminium radiator, as its off a Polo we needed to try and figure out a way of mounting it successfully. After lots of trial and error:
CXkyVy2.jpg

We sliced a piece off the alternator bracket, as this was touching the radiator & would soon be disastrous once the engine started to move - this is now resolved. The radiator is going to a friend of Alexs Dad who TIG welds (as he only has a MIG welder). He will weld us two pins onto the bottom of the radiator. We will then make and weld a bracket coming off the bottom of the subframe for the pins to go through. Then we plan to make two ‘L’ shape brackets that will mount on top of two rubber bushes on top of the slam panel. (sounds confusing but definitely the best way to do it, will post an update once its been completed)

This is the fan we'll be using, hopefully it will be ok or if not we'll get a different one at a later date if any issues occur.
z7LKptN.jpg

We are also having a boss and fitting welded onto the water jacket off the engine. This will allows us to install our capillary water temp gauge. (Our fitting from the gauge bottoms out when put into the jacket so the boss will resolve this).

So we are just waiting on those to be TIG welded then we can make the brackets to fit the radiator
1f642.png
After this we will then be able to pipe everything back up again and have the car running properly with everything fitted as should be.

I'll continue the wiring in the mean time - hoping to have all the switches wired in by the end of the week and maybe set up the EPAS wiring at the weekend. If I get time I'm going to fit the exhaust back on the car also.

The main bulk of the wiring is complete now. All thats left to finish is the EPAS Wiring, Internal blowers and radiator fan override.
I shall wire the radiator fan override switch in once we've installed the radiator - in the meantime I've ran a wire more than long enough into the engine bay so all I'll have to do is crimp/solder a connector on and plug it in. I've done the same for the two blowers I'll be installing once I buy some. Still yet to start the EPAS but I'll most likely tackle that in the near future.

Since finishing the wiring I've put the decat pipe and Magnex silenced centre section of the exhaust on - along with a new genuine cat to manifold gasket kit and also a new centre exhaust mount. (Genuine renault, uprated red model not the black rubber). Now awaiting delivery of a polybush exhaust mount, bought from Josh Worthington on the Facebook group (sorry don't know your name on here to tag you!) allowing me to fit the standard backbox to complete the exhaust fitment.

Whilst the car was on axle stands we reconnected the gear linkage and took some time to set it up in the correct position so all gears could be easily accessed as they should be - all is perfect.

The next job which we're currently working on is making a bracket for the hydraulic handbrake to bolt to. Need to design this so that it doesn't flex when under load as it needs to be solid and so will have to weld a small box section coming off the centre tunnel where it will be located.

First thing we needed to do was bolt on the steering wheel so we could check clearances of it. Looks so good 😢 Putting a bag over it whilst it's on the car to preserve it and only taking it off for driving and pictures 😂
5D8YGuC_d.jpg

The plan is to have it close to the wheel and gearstick so it's located in a 'natural' position and we won't be searching for it when needed - but also so it doesn't interfere with steering or changing gear.
I0hX0DP_d.jpg

We we're originally thinking of the location shown above but after putting the seat in realised the cylinder would be touching the seat and so had to re-think. Forgot to take a picture tonight of the final location but we've begun desiging a bracket to weld on to mount it now. It will be going between the indicator stalk and dash pod, a tight but perfect fit after much moving it around we've deemed it the perfect place to suit our driving position. Hoping we can get the bracket made tomorrow night and maybe welded in, edging closer to finishing spraying the interior now so I can unleash my OCD on the messy wires and fuel lines everywhere:sob:

Decided on the final position for the handbrake last night and begun to work on fabricating the bracket for it. It's going to be a raised box section so that the grab handle on the handbrake sits proud of the dash, meaning it will be out of the way and we won't have to worry about bashing our hands on anything when operating it.
I9584d1_d.jpg

The rear polybush exhaust mount has come now also, so I'll be fitting that along with the backbox later on tonight so the full system is on properly. Should hopefully get the handbrake bracket made this evening also and maybe welded into the car too. Once the handbrakes done we need to wait for the radiator to come back from welding so we can make some brackets for that and fit the coolant hoses - allowing us to have the car running ready to start cutting wires again.

In the meantime I can wire in the ammeter gauge and the EPAS.

BMW Z3 M & 182 FF
Just read this from start to finish... Seriously impressive project - It's actually pretty inspiring seeing the progress from start to where it is now. I can't wait to see the final result!

Exhaust is all fitted up now with the new mounts.

I finished fabricating the handbrake bracket and Pete tacked it together for me. Just needs to be properly welded and then welded into the car. Quite happy with how it's turned out :blush:
klqNSM3_d.jpg

Hopefully it'll be welded in tomorrow so we can move onto more things. Should be able to start cutting the wiring down again soon and finish spraying the interior in the next few weeks.

Just read this from start to finish... Seriously impressive project - It's actually pretty inspiring seeing the progress from start to where it is now. I can't wait to see the final result!
Thankyou very much for the kind words :blush: When I get annoyed with the car and lack of progress sometimes I look back at the very first pictures on the thread and it makes me instantly realise how much of a shed it was and how much work we've put into turning it into something half decent :tearsofjoy:Thankyou again, we appreciate it - glad you're enjoying it.

Handbrake bracket is now welded in the car, I'll grab a picture of it tomorrow when I'm down there again. Picture showing it tack welded in place after being welded up outside the car.
n5nt4B4_d.jpg

We also spent some of the evening giving the engine bay a wipe down as it's been caked in dust ever since it got sprayed and we wanted to make it look nice again. Alex also painted a few more bits to make it look even tidier :grinning:
ohVu95H_d.jpg

Nipped down to Demon Tweeks today to use up some vouchers I got for Christmas. I decided to get a Wilwood cable bias adjuster with them as It'll look posh on the dashboard and nicer than a cheap one.. even though it'll do exactly the same thing 😂
5SxHYMi_d.jpg

That means tomorrow's job is to mount that on the dash on the carbon panel we implemented months ago. Also going to put a switch for the EPAS on there and the adjuster next to it tomorrow and hopefully start the wiring for the EPAS to get another job ticked off the list. Need to find a place to mount the EPAS ECU too!

Quite a productive day today with the car. Alex and her dad finished off putting things in the switch panel by adding in the ghastly hazard switch and the extinguisher pull cord. One day we'll use the one we bought ages ago and wire it in but for now this one will do.
3UjVJva_d.jpg

As I mentioned yesterday the handbrake bracket is now in so we tested to see if the final position ended up anything like we'd hoped.. and more importantly if my measurements we're right. Thankfully they were bang on as it perfectly threads the needle through the dash pod and the light stalk!
5I60DvP_d.jpg

After doing that, I bolted in the bias adjuster that I bought yesterday, the switch for the EPAS and the adjuster. Really happy with how it looks and it'll look even nicer once the Wilwood sticker is stuck on the bias adjuster :hearteyes:
iOym5un_d.jpg

JUsurpJ_d.jpg

Once I was happy with that, I begun to wire the EPAS conversion kit in! So far I've mounted the ECU and control box, wired up the adjuster and plugged some of the column in. Shouldn't take me too long to finish wiring that up - hopefully it'll be finished before we get the radiator and water jacket back from welding :tongueout:

Not updated for a while as I've been waiting on some thicker wire being delivered to finish wiring up the EPAS. I've finished that now and tested it all today and it works :smiley:

Whilst we're waiting for the TIG welding to be done on the radiator we've decided it'd be a good time to do some mechanical bits to the car. We've decided to put on our coilovers as the first port of call, but to do them we needed to swap our current hubs to some 182 CUP ones due to the 60mm bolt spacing. Luckily we have some and so we're refurbishing them before putting them on the car. We started stripping the hub and hub carriers down during the week and finished them today. Removed the ABS sensors as wont be needing them and the wheel bearings ready for some new ones which are coming Monday. One of the wheel bearings really didn't want to budge, even after putting 13 tonnes through it on the press:tearsofjoy: Eventually Pete got it out though lol.

After finishing stripping the hubs and carriers today we sandblasted them. Before and after sandblasting.
mPMj0i9_d.jpg

And after some thick coats of hammerite to keep away the rust.
zkVKU4T_d.jpg

Same treatment for the carriers.
DKptqDU_d.jpg

And after painting.
NaIdJJo_d.jpg

I've also stripped the calipers down today which will also be sandblasted and painted and I'll then refurb them with new seals and bleed nipples. Once the hubs are dried which they will be when I'm next down, I'll fit the new wheel bearings and then start to swap over the suspension. Perhaps now maybe a good time to buy some solid top mounts but may well just leave them for the time being to save money and fit them at a later date - I'll have to have a think how much difference they'll actually make... But will definitely buy some one day. Will hopefully update the progress on Tuesday evening!

Fitted the rear coilovers last night and took off the old shocks and springs, will keep hold of them as they looked pretty much new and can use them as spares or swap them over if we want softer suspension for a particular day.
Pz3sNEq_d.jpg

That picture is crying out for some new brake discs, pads and a caliper paint job :mask: Need to look at ordering some new brake discs all round.

While we're messing about with changing suspension I decided now would be a good time to do a stud conversion - so I've bought a high tensile 10.9 conversion kit off eBay. Will be fitting this soon.
HVB3h88_d.jpg

Tomorrow night hopefully I'll be able to install the new wheel bearings and or start stripping the front hubs and suspension off ready to be replaced by the front coilovers:smile: