ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race '07 Challenge time-trail challenge!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I prefer the shorter one, tbh - the one with the small kink just prior to the pit straight. Can't remember what its called.

Should we try a few different motors on there? As much as I like the Honda WTCC 2007, we should try a few different ones. :)

D.

DCi
i had a little go with the 320 yesterday, and when you put your foot down on the long straight before the dunlop bridge there is a horrible bump in the road that tends to flick the car violently to the left, i found i had to be brave and hope the car sticks, instead of adjusting it on the exit haha

DCi
hehe it's fun, the caterham lifts up on the bump under the actual bridge on donny too.

I'll defo be trying that visor mod, I can't stand visor views- your field of view doesnt get that restricted in a real helmet!!

DCi
i was thinking this car is really easy to drive, but then i realised i was in the 200 (I did a 1.14)

into the 11's with the 320 but i think there was a lot of room for improvement.

MY10 R35 GTR
1.11.612. still a bit to come

I reckon we should do a road car one

Attachments

• 320don.jpg
    320don.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 22
  MY10 R35 GTR

I can go 0.6 quicker in the first sector but then lose it again in the second on.

Im using a pad

Attachments

• 320don.jpg
    320don.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 21

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
That's perhaps THE most frustrating time I've had on GTR Evo! Locked brakes at the slightest touch - front end too light - oversteering like mad in 5th! Need I go on?! ;)

Race_Steam2009-07-0621-54-49-67.jpg

D.

DCi
I'm 10 seconds off! Is this the Monza 07 track?
yup.

i think i did a right skid in to turn 1 on that ghost lap, seemed to have worked out well though

I might try the middle CSR on donny, the 200 was really easy to place it on every apex perfectly (because it was slow)

I reckon the middle one might be able to get a bit closer to the 320 because the 320 is so hard to drive smoothly

Last edited:

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
yup.

i think i did a right skid in to turn 1 on that ghost lap, seemed to have worked out well though

I might try the middle CSR on donny, the 200 was really easy to place it on every apex perfectly (because it was slow)

I reckon the middle one might be able to get a bit closer to the 320 because the 320 is so hard to drive smoothly

Damn right. If this is any reflection on real-life Caterhams - you can stick your 320's :rasp:

Just too much power for the light chassis to handle, imo.

D.

DCi
no but if following the AI in free practice is anything to go by, you will have no hope on donnny (might be because its a add on track though)