ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Race '07 Challenge time-trail challenge!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had a go on Brands Hatch '07 last night (full circuit) with a Koenigsegg CCX in heavy rain.

Even with wet tyres, that thing is a right handful. Most corners were a skitish 2nd gear - sometimes 3rd, but it was getting the braking right without locking up that was the hardest. Manic wheelspin was just a blip of the throttle away. :)

It would be a bit of fun to post screenshots of times managed by the CS lot, imo. Specs are as follows:-

• Car - CCX - no changes other than wet tyres
  • Traction control - low (as it's borderline impossible off!)
  • ABS - low
  • Damage setting - 100% (no Gran Turismo pinball modes here)
  • Circuit - Brands Hatch '07 - full
  • Weather - heavy rain
I'll post a time tonight to get the ball rolling. And remember. We need screenshots as proof! :cool:

D.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
More than a bit bloody tricky!

The AI clearly had more traction control dialed-in. There was just no way that I could keep up with them on the straights without the arse-end going all over the place.

Race_Steam2009-05-2121-21-31-85.jpg

Race_Steam2009-05-2121-21-24-06.jpg

I managed just over 2mins on the laptime, though sub-2mins I think is easily possible with a fair amount of patience. ;)

Race_Steam2009-05-2121-30-38-81.jpg

Still, I faired better in the wet than I did in the dry - lol!

Race_Steam2009-05-2121-32-33-07.jpg

I downloaded and tried the Top Gear mod for Race '07. Admittedly, the programmers say that there is no elevation on the map which makes judging entry points really quite difficult.

Going in a tad too deep on the TG track. ;)

Race_Steam2009-05-2119-46-25-89.jpg

D.

MY10 R35 GTR
where did you get the TG track from darren????

Ive got race 07,stcc, and GTR evolution Love them Just a shame IM dunning them on a small laptop screen :(

Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
I've had a couple of beers tonight, but I'm definitely having a crack at this in the morning!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
this is a horrible challenge :rasp:

I'll put a screen shot up in a bit...

ROFL! How fecking difficult is it?! The acceleration I can just about cope with, but it's the braking I'm finding so hard. I either aqua-plane into the gravel/wall/tyres or end up doing about 10mph - 100 yards short of the bloody apex! :cool:

One thing I've tried that seems to have some success is never to allow the CCX to go beyond 4k rpm. It's almost like it has a VTEC-YO Zone, where above 5k, the back end just lights up.

Where u get the game from mate?

Play.com have it listed Ben, but it's probably not the cheapest.

http://www.play.com/Games/PC/4-/5442858/GTR-Evolution/Product.html

Like Jason said, try Game or maybe even Amazon? It really does warrant a wheel & pedals setup though. Using the keyboard is out of the question - though BenR on here manage to post some amazing times on the previous game (GTR2) using a gamepad. Feck knows how he did that! ;)

D.

DCi
I tried no traction either but youre right, that is impossible.

I find i either have to free wheel the corners or aqua plane right up to them... then use the power to throw the back end out, then once it's pointing in the right direction, lock the wheels and sort of aqua-drift it round (haha)

MY10 R35 GTR
Hi m8 - I presume you're already registered on nogripracing.com? If not, it's free to do anyway.

When you're in there, the link is this one....

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=12641

D.

yep sure am. Not been on in a while. Having a few problems adding new tracks though. :(

I could get them loaded in fine when I had the game loaded up in offline mode. But cant seem to do it now Ive got it changes to online.

Forgot to brinf my game pad so I been banging about witha keyboard with it offshore hahaha. Need to buy a pc xbox contoller for goin away

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
yep sure am. Not been on in a while. Having a few problems adding new tracks though. :(

I could get them loaded in fine when I had the game loaded up in offline mode. But cant seem to do it now Ive got it changes to online.

Forgot to brinf my game pad so I been banging about witha keyboard with it offshore hahaha. Need to buy a pc xbox contoller for goin away

That's always the issue with downloadable content though. If all the other players don't have the same track/car/skin then it's likely to feck up. :(

I downloaded a pure white car colour for the Porsche GT2 in GTR2, but my m8 couldn't see it online. Shame really.

D.

MY10 R35 GTR
Awesome. I'll get It downloaded the morrow when IM back from offshore. Lok forward to trying my wee volvo stcc car on it hahaha

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
the brands one it super tricky.

Got a 1.14.444 at donny (national) in the 07 Honda
Untitledwtcc.jpg

Nice! My PC has been reformatted, but hopefully I'll have this back on tonight or tomorrow. How do you find Honda overall? I found it a good, neutral car to drive. That Lacetti was proper tail happy!

D.

MY10 R35 GTR
i used to prefer the lacetti out f all the cars to use with my old joypad.

Just got a new one and every car is a hell of alot wasier to use. :)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
^^^ - I haven't got the STCC add-on. :( Is it worth buying? Would be great if they included Volvo's of old - like that mad 850 Estate!

You're rapidly approaching one of my favourite parts of Donny - where the track is rough and uneven just after that entry marker on the left-hand side. Get too much speed into that and the car is uncontrolable. Kitty-litter time. ;)

Oh, and good time!

D.

DCi
I hate that bumpy corner, i can never hit the apex how i want either, i am always too eager to turn in but the later you can wait the more speed you get down the hill

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I hate that bumpy corner, i can never hit the apex how i want either, i am always too eager to turn in but the later you can wait the more speed you get down the hill

I would say that that corner is the hardest to pull off consistently. In some cars, high 2nd gear seems better, whereas others need 3rd at the minimum.

I used to fluff that one time and time again - usually overbraking and ending up in the gravel. Got a bit better at it now though. :)

D.

DCi
i got 1:13:148 at donny national then my PC froze.. I also go -0.147 on my first sector so 12's have got to be do-able :D

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Jason, Iain - another one......

Standard Honda, semi pro at Oulton Park, full circuit = 1.47.041. Was shaving a few 100ths of with every lap, but the reduction each time was getting smaller. :)

Race_Steam2009-06-0322-37-33-09.jpg

D.