ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

r5 engine conversion on a mk1 clio

Clio mk1 1.2
Hi

I have a mk1 clio 1.2 and am considering puttin in a r5 gtt lump this time next year, going to purchase one about jan/feb time and tweak it a little before it goes in

how differcult would it be to install it and wat would i have to upgrade

has anyone done this engine conversion thereself

Chadders

Best idea is to get a whole R5 GTT doner car. You need the Mk1 night and day engine model engine mounts I think.
Brun had this conversion done on his car best to PM him.

best upgrade to do would be a complete rebuilt on the engine no point pushing boost to 25psi if the engine 20 year old with 100k new rings seals etc makes for a safer starting point and more reliable.

Clio mk1 1.2
yeah thats what i was going to rebuild the engine give a good clean up aswell i have a 1.2 rl prima

williams 2 turbo
the engine mounts are the same, they both use the same subframe. i had this done to my old valver, but to be honest for an everyday car, i was a pain in the arse, having to let it warm up and cool down wasnt a problem but just the other stuff you have to consider. they can be tempremental. there are people on here that had no probelms what so ever, and others that have had nothing but. i was in between. mine would stuff williams clios all day long, but they never had to wonder if there engine was going to blow up afterwards.

as said above if your going to do it, get a complete 5 turbo, you will need driveshafts, steering rack, brakes, and if unsure on doing it yourself, get it proffesionally fitted. p.s. they are a bugger to sell on. if you need any more advice post me.