ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Quick clio's

yep if i were you i'd get hold of gaz (cliolord on forums, mainly use's clio16valver) that car is brilliant.

when do you need it by? my mk1 high boost will be done in a month or so

260bhp at 9psi? what have you done diffrently? i guess you must be on a proper ecu? my old setup at 10psi made 220bhp (forged rods and pistons, flowed head)

stand alone ecu make 40bhp diffrence? you have cams init?

williams 2,seat leon
t28, standalone omex, 172 flywheel, custom injectors, forged internals etc, was done at gdi so trust the figures.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
yep if i were you i'd get hold of gaz (cliolord on forums, mainly use's clio16valver) that car is brilliant.

when do you need it by? my mk1 high boost will be done in a month or so

we finish for crimbo tomorrow hopfully, then go back on the 4th of january, it will be shortly after that.
i remember cliolord from my mark 1 days, will speak try speak to him on c16v

my motor was a bit different, when it had an engine in it. 260 bhp, and same torque figure, at 9 psi, may got for more boost when i get the engine back and run in.

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/diditno/100_4242.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/diditno/100_4244.jpg

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u45/diditno/DSCF0302.jpg

whens it going back in mate?

williams 2,seat leon
whens it going back in mate?[/quote]

don't know, its gone to have the pistons changed, as the ones fitted when it was built were forged low comp 172 ones, as thats all that were available apparently, so i got hold one some williams turbo forged ones, and they are going in. just depends on when workshop space is available. then just have to mot it, tax it, insure it and sell it.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
don't know, its gone to have the pistons changed, as the ones fitted when it was built were forged low comp 172 ones, as thats all that were available apparently, so i got hold one some williams turbo forged ones, and they are going in. just depends on when workshop space is available. then just have to mot it, tax it, insure it and sell it.

Am certain that I read somewhere that fitting F4R pistons didn't lower the compression down to the usual 8.5:1. Could be the reason for the higher than normal figures as your dynamic compression will be a bit higher.

Either that or the rollers were way out. :)

williams 2,seat leon
Am certain that I read somewhere that fitting F4R pistons didn't lower the compression down to the usual 8.5:1. Could be the reason for the higher than normal figures as your dynamic compression will be a bit higher.

ok, ill call omex and tell um there roller are f*ucked then ;)

Doubt Jon aka The Jesus will have seen this, his is the GDi test car with supercharger, seriously quick, sounds great, looks bob on standard apart from little bit of coilover action.

Will send him an email and get him to get in touch.

White Evo V
This would be an awesome feature to get all the forced induction clios together! Supercharger vs Turbo would be mint IMO!

DMS

A thirsty 172
This would be an awesome feature to get all the forced induction clios together! Supercharger vs Turbo would be mint IMO!

Agreed!
Also, if it was a mag feature, it'd force me to sort out all the cosmetic issues my car's got at the minute...

ITB'd MK1

other way round, F4R pistons in an F7R take the CR lower, F7R in F4R and it's higher than 8.5 (around 9:1 roughly). Not dramatic, but just too low for the size of turbo being used

RS RIP
colombo&Bariani Cams set up by Fastchip just shy of 200 !

It ain't boost but it's a barrel of fun, my NA engine . Loving it

SQ5
240/200 completely stripped, coiled and caged! Not just straight line, also round corners ;)

Quick??? Yes ;)

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
other way round, F4R pistons in an F7R take the CR lower, F7R in F4R and it's higher than 8.5 (around 9:1 roughly). Not dramatic, but just too low for the size of turbo being used

I knew it was one way or the other, just assumed that with the high figures that it must of been higher than 8.5 CR

Gaz' Clio. Mk1 Clio 16v Spec;
Engine Cylinder Block;
-F7R A700 Decked block height
-Over bore to 2.1
-Catcams connecting rod's with ARB bolts
-Wossner 12.5:1 CR, pocketed, forged pistons
Engine Cylinder Head;
-Catcams valve springs & retainers
-Megane 33mm inlet valves
-Stage 3 APD flowed & ported/port matched cylinder head
-Catcams custom grind camshafts & pullies spec'd and DTi dialed in by Craig at APD
-Individual throttle bodies
-KMS management mapped by Craig & John
-Webber injectors
Transmission;
-JC5 015 Williams stock gearbox
(competition transmission services built gearbox with gripper diff lasted 80miles STAY AWAY!)
-Megane flywheel & clutch
Other bits;
-Wide track up front
-Wilwood brakes up front
-Imola S seats & belts
-Magnex exhaust system with silenced bypass pipe
-Team dynamics pro race 1.2 15" wheels

Made to appear as stock as possible and blend into the back ground. Never meant to be a known car so to speak or in your face. I think the bonnet badge, side trim, bumpers etc are all fine and never felt the need to gay it up so to speak. Built as a B-road killer and imo does the job just fine. It has no "scene tax" it has no following but what it does have is killer power and handling and I fooking love it.

Here's the car;
P1010155.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010121.jpg

cliolord.jpg

A few old pictures but you get the idea. Never wanted to stick it in a mag really, but sod it. If you want to, it may help me sell it in the near future without breaking it for parts as it's far too good in every aspect to break really