ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio 182 Carpet Value

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
So… this is a bit random but also shows how lazy I am. How much is the front and rear carpet worth in the Clio. It needs a clean and tbh isn’t in the best shape so thinking not much, it’d be much easier to just cut it out than remove the seats from the car so I’m weighing up if it’ll be worth much to sell.

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
So… this is a bit random but also shows how lazy I am. How much is the front and rear carpet worth in the Clio. It needs a clean and tbh isn’t in the best shape so thinking not much, it’d be much easier to just cut it out than remove the seats from the car so I’m weighing up if it’ll be worth much to sell.
Whip the seats out, remove all the sound deadening then give it all a good rub down and a nice lick of paint.

As for the carpet….

200.gif

SharpyClio

ClioSport Club Member
If your using it on the road still take sound deadening out and refit carpet. Weighs hardly nowt and much more pleasant.
Road use will be extremely limited now tbh. So I’ll likely just bin it all.

Well yours is such a clean looking car. Imagine opening the door to get in and staring at that - with bits of carpet fluff everywhere 😱

View attachment 1688188

Having done the boot and back seat areas I’m inclined to agree with the giving it a quick lick of paint.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Get some auto finesse obliterate - the gel version.

Strips the leftover sound deadening residue with ease.
Removing Sound deadening is a boring job though.

Get some auto finesse obliterate - the gel version.

Strips the leftover sound deadening residue with ease.
Removing Sound deadening is a boring job though.
Will this work on my sticky center console by any chance? Response much appreciated

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Will this work on my sticky center console by any chance? Response much appreciated
Not really mate.

The only way to get rid of that sticky stuff is to actually strip it from the plastic pieces.

Sure a few people on here have done it successfully with warm soapy water but it does involve removing the trim pieces from the car.