ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pulling to left, tracking ok?

PH2 172
I had my tracking done a couple of weeks back, as it was quite a bit out (8mm). After which it felt much better.
I went back a week later for a recheck, and they said it was ok.

But I still think it's pulling to the left a bit. And there feels a bit more friction turning right than left.

Is there anything that I can check myself? It could still be out, and they didn't do it good enough - but what else could it be?

172 Race Car
if your tyres are not directional try swapping them side to side. could be that the tyres have worn funny

Clio F1 R27
It's probably the tyre pressures mate, you should always be running your pressures bang on if you have a 172 as it really does affect the stability of the car

30 psi rear
33 psi front

Check every month.

PH2 172
Thanks for the replies.
I checked my pressures the other day, I set them to 32 at the front and 30 at the rear.
I might swap the backs to the front as they're better tyres with just as much tread (F1's) and see if that makes any improvement.

How can I check my wheel bearings?

Mk1 Maxim Sport
If its the bearings going u should be able to hear it, but if u cant jack the car up and spin the wheel when its free off the ground. if the bearings ok itll just spin silently but if the bearings on its way out ull hear some resistance while its spinning. Ull notice it when u hear it.