ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project 'showroom' 172 cup

Cup Packed FF200
pretty poor photo's for now, I think I have finally killed my phone camera.

Finally got them on, only taken about 6 months!:eek:

May opt for some new bolts, Dacromet coated ones ideally but I'm not paying Renault prices for bolts, so again waiting on a friend to see what he can come up with.
IMAG0273.jpg

IMAG0278.jpg

IMAG0275.jpg

Went with the OE fitment of Conti Sport Contacts. Two reasons really, 1) because my tyre and wheel engineer friend keeps telling me that to get the OE tyre to work well with the car they (Manufacturers) spend millions on development and testing (even though the actual tyre supplied to Renault from Conti would not be like the usual Conti Sports you buy off the shelf now - like I have (doh), it would have had a one off different compound/construction that they supplied to Renault) and 2) he is a big fan of Conti, I think he has dealt with them a lot in his job and I trust his opinion, plus I rate Conti myself.

good on u mate for keeping it so clean, do u drive it alot? i could never keep up with keeping mine clean f**k that

Cup Packed FF200
Down the body shop again tomo to get a few more chips rectified and get closer to perfection..:cool:

Cup Packed FF200
back from the bodyshop today, to be honest I could chase the chips etc round forever so I'm gonna make that the last time. There's still a few but Ive just had anything sort of noticeable done to be honet.

IMAG0343.jpg

IMAG0344.jpg

Monaco 53/468
I live in Ross On Wye (or Ross Vegas to the natives!)

But 'VU' is the Wye Valley area so could be from my old stealership!

Cup Packed FF200
all you need to do now is actually drive it and stop looking at it lol :p

I do drive it......out of the garage down the drive and back in again..........lol :rasp::rasp:

In all seriousness though it's only a weekend car so it doesn't get driven that often.

Thanks all for the positive comments..as usual.

Clio 172
I do drive it......out of the garage down the drive and back in again..........lol :rasp::rasp:

In all seriousness though it's only a weekend car so it doesn't get driven that often.

Thanks all for the positive comments..as usual.

It looks pukka mate a real nice job

Cup Packed FF200

That's shinier than a shiny thing that has been recently polished with shiny wax.

It looks pukka mate a real nice job

Thanks guys.

A quick dilemma that some of you may be able to help me with.

I am going to change the wheel bolts (they are letting the alloys down)

The OE ones will be dacromet (for anyone who doesn't know this is a protective coating used on certain components) but will be pricey from Renault.

Now, a close friend of mine who is a chief wheel enginer/designer here http://www.rimstock.co.uk/rimstockuk/companyprofile.php can get me aftermarket wheel bolts, but in Chrome or Black.

I prefer the OE dacromet ones because they will be better quality, but I'm thinking I could pull off chrome??

So the question, OE dacromet, black or Chrome bolts?????

Black Gold Trophy
love it! I've been wanting to replace my fuse box for AGES! Really annoys me how flimsy they are, along with the ECU bracket!

Any chance your mate could sell me 3 new trophy turinis? I hate dealing with renault, let alone paying their prices!

Cup Packed FF200
chrome if you must but dacromet would be best IMO

chrome for sure,

I would prefer a new set of OE/dacromet ones purely because they will last longer and be better quality, but not sure if I can justify the cost, going to be atleast £1.50 each I reckon from Renault, multiply that by 16 (dependant on what I'm doing with locking nuts) it starts becoming silly just for bolts.

Chrome is looking likely, I'll just have to see what it looks like.:approve::approve:

cheers guys!

Any chance your mate could sell me 3 new trophy turinis? I hate dealing with renault, let alone paying their prices!

yeah how much for a set if Turini's!?

I feel a group buy coming on, or a "f*ck off and leave my mate alone" lol!

:D:D:D
ha ha, unfortunately he doesn't have a lot to do with Speedline any more (who manufacturer the Turini's) - infact they are one of Rimstocks rivals as Rimstock are Team dynamics!! (Rimstock PLC is the company name but they manufacture Deams Dynamics alloys and a few others), and they now supply a fair few manufacturers OE wheels (Lotus for one). He worked very close with Speedline when he was at Aston Martin, going to Italy a lot etc.

I'm already tapping him up for certain things, like a set of Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's in black...but I'm not getting very far!

Last edited:
  Cup Packed FF200
I feel a group buy coming on, or a "f*ck off and leave my mate alone" lol!

I have spoken to him about a possible group buy and he said he would give me the details of the UK sales rep who would do a deal on a group buy - I will get in touch or post something on here when I get the details. I think the price would be excellent, a lot cheaper than retail.

On another note the car is back in the bodyshop again, getting a bit peed off to say the least with Renault bodywork....

Cup Packed FF200
a group buy on Turini's!!!? I'm all over that like a tramp on chips

Sorry, Turini's are Speedline, he's chief wheel engineer at Team Dynamics (Rimstock). TBH they do some great stuff, he said to me tonight actually they do nearly all of Lotus OE fitment...
http://www.rimstock.co.uk/rimstockuk/wheelrange.php
nfortunately he left Aston 6 months ago where he was doing the same job in chassis for them, then we could have possibly had speedlines has he was best mates with them!

One of the Pro race ones (probably silver) looks a good bet. I wonder of they are lighhter than the Turini's? I'll ask.

So if there is enough interest I will put a thread up, and when I get some details off him (he's pretty busy so can't be pushy)

Again back on track with the thread, the car came back from my friends bodyshop with another stunning job completed, I wouldn't take it anywhere else his work is amazing. :star:

Cup Packed FF200
No worries, but how did he get your Turini's then?

I want your car BTW

He managed to get me a good deal on Turini's whilst he was at Aston Martin because they used Speedline and he did a lot of work with Speedline, going to Italy quite often etc.

If your interested in Teams Dynamics they are very similar...

I was thinking of selling it to tbh, if I do watch this space.:)

Cup Packed FF200
update, Just need to get couple of little dents out now and the body work is as good as I can get it. Just noticed another small chip on the rear bumper and a few usual minute chips on the front bumper but think I've spent enough bodywork wise, these places I'm resigned to the fact if you drive it you will get a few chips...

worth noting that I had the inside of the boot skin rust proofed, primed and waxed/sealed whilst I has having a couple of bits done on the boot. I noticed that whilst having the inside plastic cover to the rear wiper access etc off that the inside isn't very well protected especially around the welds, and there being two drain holes in the boot/hatch I thought get it done whilst Ive got it on bits.

Last edited:
Just had a quick read of the entire thread and a glace of your photos through it. Car looks mint mate :), hopefuly I'll get mine looking something near as good as that.

Cup Packed FF200
Haha! Typical boring Sunday really, plenty of time on my hands :rasp:.

By the way you didn't have some 172 Cup badges for sale on Ebay recently did you? a picture in your thread looked familiar to one I saw on Ebay.

no still got them, haven't needed to put them on yet - waiting for them to fall off when I wash it at some point - they were bloody expensive too!