ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project 'showroom' 172 cup

Cup Packed FF200
iv got the 172 missing of 1 side cup badge perfect

its a b*tch.

The 172 part is the poorest piece of design ever, 3 small rubber numbers are bever going to stick on with just air contact adhesive..
Renault should of used a transfer sticker, not actual microscopic embossed rubber pieces.

Cup Packed FF200
Will attempt the fues box switch over the weekend, will put some more progress pics up then.

New wheels may be on their way too. :approve:

Cup Packed FF200
New wheels hopefully arriving this weekend. :) :) :) :) :)

Will post some pics if/when they arrive. Watch this space for my current set for sale.

Cup Packed FF200
Current wheels don't look in too bad condition, though I'll keep my eye for the sale :p

There pretty much mint, just the odd bubble of corrosion on the surface, nothing you can really see.

Will probably tyre up the new ones and sell the current one's with the decent Eagle F1's that are on there at the mo.

I'm only getting a new set because colleague of mine has good conections with the Motor Car Manufacturing Industry (he is the main Wheel and Tyre Engineer for a motorcar company, can't say who)

Cup Packed FF200
arrived just :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

IMAG0146.jpg

Cup Packed FF200
Very nice. Why not just refurb your old wheels though?

I got these very cheap through a good colleague of mine. :)

tbh I wasn't that bothered about the wheels, they are in pretty much top cond, but I couldn't refuse these.

Cup Packed FF200
I don't normally spend ages cleaning/detailing (its not my thing), but I thought I would try out some new wax today, with the winter approaching I thought I would get a good coat of something on.

and the result.........good.....but I'm not impressed.

I have used race glaze products for years (www.raceglaze.co.uk) and thought I would try their expensive wax. (55 its called - 55% carnauba)

At £40 plus quid a tub I thought I would try a £5 sample first, good job I did, I wasn't overly impressed. I went back to my normal Zymol.

Results anyway, I would still use their cheaper crem something or other (8 quid a bottle), that is good value, not to sure about the 45/55 range though.

enjoy
IMAG0152.jpg

IMAG0153.jpg

IMAG0154.jpg

IMAG0151.jpg

IMAG0155.jpg

Cup Packed FF200
Were did you get the wheels from are they new or refubed?! :S looks great mind!!

Hi mate

The wheels on at the mo are the OE ones, the're in pretty good cond, just the odd usual bubble/scuff. I used some cleaning stuff and a wheel wax on them today.

The ones in the earlier photo's are a new set of OE ones but straight from speedline (as they manufactuer and supply them to renault).:) I have to get them tyred and fitted.

Cup Packed FF200
is this project complete?

no, and to be honest I've given up.

I will try and keep the car as close to showroom/top cond as poss but im living in a dream world.

It gets used to much, I don't have the money to spend anymore now I have to pay my mortgage on my own and I think I may sell it anyway next year.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
Were did you get the wheels from are they new or refubed?! :S looks great mind!!

Hi mate

The wheels on at the mo are the OE ones, the're in pretty good cond, just the odd usual bubble/scuff. I used some cleaning stuff and a wheel wax on them today.

The ones in the earlier photo's are a new set of OE ones but straight from speedline (as they manufactuer and supply them to renault).:) I have to get them tyred and fitted.

great mate! :) id like some trophy wheels for mine! :)

is this project complete?

I will try and keep the car as close to showroom/top cond as poss but im living in a dream world.

It gets used to much, I don't have the money to spend anymore now I have to pay my mortgage on my own and I think I may sell it anyway next year.
you've done a good job from what i see, what else would need to be done anyway?

Cup Packed FF200
Hi mate

great mate! :) id like some trophy wheels for mine! :)

are they the same as the cup (ie Offset the same, etc) but anthracite?

Last edited:
  Cup Packed FF200

you've done a good job from what i see, what else would need to be done anyway?

If I had endless amounts of time and money I would like to clean the whole thing really well, get the wheels off and clean and wax under every arch, get a couple more shabby bits replaced, but yeah theres not much more to be done really unless you take it to the extreme (replacing or stripping down parts to clean), which Im not going to do now.

cheers for the positive comments by the way. :)

Cup Packed FF200
are they the same as the cup (ie Offset the same, etc) but anthracite?

not that im aware (no) :( et45 iirc - i think the wheels you have are a different offset - sure someone on here will put me right :eek: i think they can fit but they may rub! :S

I think it would be a different offset unless the track at the front and back is the same as the 172 CUP on the trophy, I dont know enough about the differences of the trophy to the others tbh.

I know the track is something like 10 and 20mm wider on the cup than the standard 172 I think from memory.

Are they 16" wheels on the trophy and 7" wide? I've never really payed much interest, too pricey for me.
:)

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Car looks great but that Rocol belt dressing is shite, to tacky and messy , we use it in work and its dirty shite, your aux belt will pick up all kinds of crap.

Cup Packed FF200
Car looks great but that Rocol belt dressing is s**te, to tacky and messy , we use it in work and its dirty s**te, your aux belt will pick up all kinds of crap.

Thats the trouble with belt dressings in general. A quick 2 second spray of the smallest amount on the inner of the belt (while running) is all that is required if the belt has become to smooth/greasy/worn or whatever (really it should be replaced if slipping bad, or adjusted), or just maintenance (prevents cracking/hardening and prolongs rubber belt life). It is sticky stuff, go mad and your likely to have everything stuck to the belt. It must just be a small amount on the inner of the belt and nothing more.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Excellent. Re the speedlines, you checked if the Renault centre caps fit? I'm sure the centres are different on the speedline branded wheels. I know they make the wheels for Renault, but there were some slight detail changes :)

Cup Packed FF200
Excellent. Re the speedlines, you checked if the Renault centre caps fit? I'm sure the centres are different on the speedline branded wheels. I know they make the wheels for Renault, but there were some slight detail changes :)

Cheers matey.

They fit. Even though these are packaged as speedlines they are the exact ones that renault would receive. They even have clio on the boxes. ;)

Cup Packed FF200
Yeah but it's the fact it looks so simple but so perfect. I'd love a cup.

plenty around at cheap prices, decent ones too with low mileage.

Can't believe whats happening with the prices. When I was looking for mine only a few months back a decent low mileage one was 6 grand+.

I need to get some rubber on these new alloys now, perhaps when I switch them over I will give the arches etc a proper clean and wax coating, only thing left to do unless I start taking the thing to pieces. Most of the underside I have cleaned/replaced where possible(new rear exhaust mountings/fixings etc), under bonnet done (cleaned and anything amiss replaced) and bodywork has been through a bodyshop and the odd little chip/ding repaired.

"Huge Tool" Cup
Looks stunning mate.

Will watch this thread closely it's the sort of condition I want to get mine in. :cool:

Cup Packed FF200
Looks stunning mate.

Will watch this thread closely it's the sort of condition I want to get mine in. :cool:

cheers mate, I'm sure you will easily get it to this standard, although I had a fairly good start, it has only covered 25k.

Cup Packed FF200
Just while I have time I thought I would put up some better pictures of the new alloys, I can't wait to get the new tyres on them and get these on the car..:)

Not sure yet what the tyres will be, looking like Pirelli P Zero Nero's or Conti Sport Contacts II/III.

IMAG0171.jpg

IMAG0172.jpg