ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project 'showroom' 172 cup

Cup Packed FF200
how did you get those window covers strips out?! on my old ff they were marked and i was interested in replacing them! just interested ;)

Pretty sure they just pull out. One of mine had moved up slightly and was lose at the top so I just pushed it back down.

yes the sides pull out easy, the top seal is a bit tighter.

Cup Packed FF200
Good progress!

Cheers Chris.

There's only so far I/anyone can go really, i'm not going mad, just getting anything that's a bit deriorated replaced - inc anything mechanical aswell.

Cam belt is due soonish, but everything else is serviced as much as can be. I replaced the rear silencer mount last month and theres a couple of other mechanical bits I will get round to in the coming months (possible set of rear discs etc)

A few months down the line I need to get a few bodywork bits sorted aswell, just he odd scuff/stone chip and - through a colleague who works for Aston Martin as one of their chief wheel/tyre engineers - a refurb of the alloys hopefully.

Cup Packed FF200

looked lovely - how long ago did you own that - it looks new in the pics!! im worried that I wont get mine to look like that, its clean but not that clean!!:eek:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
that was @ 70k!!!!! (last spring) Nearly three years i had it :) Loved it to bits.

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Didn't want for nothing lol. It had had a two day spring clean before them pics!!!, wheels off, powerwashed the arches out etc etc!!!!. The wheels were new, bought them the previous September, helped keep it fresh looking :)

Cup Packed FF200
Didn't want for nothing lol. It had had a two day spring clean before them pics!!!, wheels off, powerwashed the arches out etc etc!!!!. The wheels were new, bought them the previous September, helped keep it fresh looking :)

This is something I would consider (new wheels), or if my friend at Aston Martin can get them done very professionally I may consider that way.

I do intend to get the wheels off and clean the arches more thoroughly (as I did with the previous rallye) and the underside rear etc, its all time consuming, but in the coming summer months it shall be done! :)

Good old Autoglym machine clean, its water based and excellent in terms of not damaging car paintwork but being powerful enough to shift almost anything.

Cup Packed FF200
Just an update, the car goes in to a friends bodyshop tomo for a few cosmetic touches. Basically a small scuff on the bumper and a large stone chip, sounds nothing but I want this thing looking mint.:)

I'll put up some pics after.

Hopefully (and this is a big hopefully) a good mate is hoping to get me a new set of Turini's ....for free. :cool: :cool: I will keep this updated too.

As for now I have had to just use a bit of silver hammerite and small brush just to tart up the odd parking ding on the alloys :dapprove:
IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0110.jpg

On another front I have the base of the fuse box and fixings so the whole box can be replaced seeing as mine is cracked and the clip to hold the cover on is broken. Should be fun swapping that one, not.
IMAG0108.jpg

Clio 1.6 16v 2002
Out of interest do you have the part number/ name for that little clip under the bonnet? Oh and a price, guessing its pence?

IMAG0076.jpg

Snapped mine and its held in with bluetac at the mo...

yes, mine had part snapped.

Just annoying more than anything.

Part number is 7703079650.

The chappy at renault had a nightmare finding the right one, so this will definately help your dealer!:)

44p well spent.

lol 44p thats got to be the cheapest renault part in all living history lol:)

Cup Packed FF200
yes, mine had part snapped.

Just annoying more than anything.

Part number is 7703079650.

The chappy at renault had a nightmare finding the right one, so this will definately help your dealer!:)

44p well spent.

lol 44p thats got to be the cheapest renault part in all living history lol:)

Agreed, dealer parts = expensive.

Although you get what you pay for, OE equipment is better than most aftermarket stuff 99% of the time in terms of manufactured quality, durability etc as it has to meet more stringent testing and warranties.

actually I have found that most of the parts are or have been cheaper than Peugeot atleast (many of which I have brought over the last 8 or 9 years) which is a nice suprise for me. :)

titanic killer
wow more cheap renault parts,what is the world comin too,lol
let me no how you get on with swapping the boxes over as i will be doing this too if its a simple job

Cup Packed FF200
wow more cheap renault parts,what is the world comin too,lol
let me no how you get on with swapping the boxes over as i will be doing this too if its a simple job

It should be fairly simple, im going to take a photo before I start of how its meant to look, which relays where etc, the nightmare will be if you get in a mess with all those electrics in there.

Looks just like you need to unclip the relays from the case itself, get the loom/wires out of the way, undo the two nhuts holding the base on and try and get it out from the mass of wires/relays........simple?:S :S :S :S

Cup Packed FF200
Splitter needs replacing, Ill have the old one ;)

ha ha, nice try ;)

although, I am actually taking it off tonight as I am having a few chips blown in on the front bumper - I have ordered some new fixings for it from Renault, if they can't get the right ones there just phillips self tappers anyway.

If I break it or notice its knackered whilst taking it off its yours..........they are something stupid new, like £150.

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Sweet, hope you dont bust it (well, thats not 100% true ;))

Good job with the cup as well mate :)

Cup Packed FF200
Taken the front splitter off - no breakages I'm affraid.

That will go back on tomo hopefully, with a tidier front bumper.

Took the chance to have a closer inspection of things whilst the car was up, everything looks great. Took the chance to clean everything up a bit so I could see any future probs (any bushes or boots worn for example)
IMAG0122.jpg

Cup Packed FF200
car back today - stunning job has been done on the stone chips, the bumper looks better than what has come out of the factory. One of the best jobs I have ever seen, I'm really pleased.

Only a scuff on one side and a huge stone chip, but still worth doing. Looks like a new car again (from the front anyway!;) )

I should have taken pics of the bits before they have been corrected but heres the result just for the sake of it.:eek: :eek: :eek:

IMAG0125.jpg

IMAG0124.jpg

Blk/Gold 182 FF
car is lookin mint mate, fair play! i need to replace a few bits on mine, one thing being the inner front arch of the drivers side, its completly snapped! do you know if this comes in separate bits? the bit that has snapped off is the part which kind off protects the underneath of the fog lamp

Cup Packed FF200
car is lookin mint mate, fair play! i need to replace a few bits on mine, one thing being the inner front arch of the drivers side, its completly snapped! do you know if this comes in separate bits? the bit that has snapped off is the part which kind off protects the underneath of the fog lamp

If you mean the black plastic protectors underneath the front bumper and wheel arches then they look as if they come separate - I will have a look on my Renault parts disc.

Blk/Gold 182 FF
nice one :) just looks tacky at the mo underneath and i;m worried rubbish from the road is gonna get stuck places it shouldn't be! lol

Clio Sport 172

If you mean the black plastic protectors underneath the front bumper and wheel arches then they look as if they come separate - I will have a look on my Renault parts disc.

yes they are seperate... i need them on mine just not forking out 23 for each bit ill make them out of perspex.. lol

C

Cupster

To make it truly factory spec you need to put contis on! :approve:

Nearly as mint as mine! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
  Cup Packed FF200
To make it truly factory spec you need to put contis on! :approve:

Nearly as mint as mine! ;)

Conti sport contacts (1 or 2) cant remember which, yes they would be teh ideal choice seeing as Renault spent thousands on chassis development and picked the best tyres for the car -in this case conti sport contacts.

I can't comment on the mintness - haven't seen yours. ;)

Cup Packed FF200
looks great m8, how did u clean the engine up so nicely??

Autoglym engine and machine clean (water based which is good for paintwork etc) and lots of elbow grease!

White spirit for really grubby areas, and again lots of wrags etc. :)