ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

project 'showroom' 172 cup

Cup Packed FF200
I need some *HINT* Lol.

Yeah I know, ridiculous Renault prices. Thing with those on Ebay they sold for more than they cost at Renault. :S

yeah you have to watch out for ebay, seen that with quite a lot of car parts. I owned 2 106 rallyes over 9 years and gradually over time people/traders were selling parts on ebay because they were becoming rarer but for more than Peugeot were charging, people just weren't checking! A warning to all.

Slightly off topic but if your bored/looking for a laff go to google and put some of these in the search bar and hit search - hours of fun!

inurl:view/view.shtml
inurl:lvappl
inurl:LvAppl intitle:liveapplet
intitle:"Live View / - AXIS"

Cup Packed FF200
Well I'm well chuffed today!

Just been to see my dent man and he took out 6 dents in half an hour!:cool:

He's done an amazing job, taking out even the hardest to reach ones in the door B post.

1 dent in the door B post, 1 in the rear quarter, 1 in each door, and 2 in the bonnet. All just silly little dings and hardly visible but still nice to get them out.

Should have taken before and after phot's really, but I'm really happy with the bodywork now.

:)

Cup Packed FF200
Just a small update, did an oil change and coolant change today. All went smooth....which makes a change! :eek:

200 Gordini
Well I'm well chuffed today!

Just been to see my dent man and he took out 6 dents in half an hour!:cool:

He's done an amazing job, taking out even the hardest to reach ones in the door B post.

1 dent in the door B post, 1 in the rear quarter, 1 in each door, and 2 in the bonnet. All just silly little dings and hardly visible but still nice to get them out.

Should have taken before and after phot's really, but I'm really happy with the bodywork now.

:)

Who was this? pm prices if possible :D Might sort a de dent day ;)

Cup Packed FF200
Who was this? pm prices if possible :D Might sort a de dent day ;)

A great chap who is the best I have seen. He used to work for a motorcar manufacturer in rectification so he has the knowledge and experience and his work is unbelievable! Will send you PM, although he is Bham based.

Cup Packed FF200
no real update, cash has been tight and just been driving the old girl over the summer lol. Thinking of selling soon so will keep you all posted.

Had some more dents rectified and just kept it tidy really...:approve:
IMAG0527.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

carpark.jpg

Cup Packed FF200
Stunning condition mate. Love it.
Cheers Brett:approve:

Are you selling to make a profit on it? If not I'd keep it mate. It puts my Cup to shame, looks stunning.
not much chance of any profit mate....unfortunately. I've always loved my french hatches and homologation specials with no frills what so ever, (owning and restoring 2 106 rallyes over 9 years and building one for my brother in law to compete in)....but...I'm losing the enthusiasm. Not sure why. Age maybe?:(

it does look lovely, I'd keep it, probs the best looking 172cup ive seen
Thanks mate. It's already a weekend car as I don't use it for work, and if I could afford it I would like to get a 2nd car and keep this one for extra special use, shows, odd track day etc.

Looks great!
I'm after a cup soon.
Thanks mate, will let you know if I do sell up.

Looking good, I have a thing for 172 cups at the min.
Cheers Cat,

thanks all for the great positive comments as usual!
:star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star::star:

couple more, to be honest my poor 2 MP camera is not doing this car justice at all..
IMAG0525.jpg

IMAG0529.jpg

IMAG0531.jpg

IMAG0526.jpg

IMAG0520.jpg

Cup Packed FF200
Just digging out a receipt and looked at some of the stuff I've spent in the last 12 months just on cosmetics- bearing in mind non of this includes any serviceable items (except the tires) such as oil, brakes, MOT's etc..!!:eek::eek::eek::eek: worth mentioning I didn't have a choice with the headlamps either....

Front bumper & grill chips rectified £60
New Petrol Cap flap and painted £50
Front R/H bumper/wing scuff rectified £40
Boot lid scratch/corrosion rectified £50
Other paint/scratches blown in £200
Dents taken out, B posts, doors, rear quaters, roof and bonnet. £150
New OE rear silencer mounting bracket £15
New OE windscreen seal kit £20
New OE 2 x 172 cup embossed badges for door posts £20 (still to be fitted)
New OE headlamps & New OE spot lamps £300+
New OE Conti Sport Contact Tyres £236
New OE Turini Alloys Wheels (direct from Speedline in Italy - Renault OE not aftermarket) £-
New number plate £-
Waxes/Paint touch up from Renault £-

looks good though now...doh ;)

Cup Packed FF200
MOT time, flew through, considering I spend half my life under the thing not suprised. Wouldn't take any car for an MOT if there was anything to fail on. Don't think I've failed an MOT in 11 years. :D covered around 3500 miles since the last one.
IMAG0578.jpg

treated the car to a new rear plate, old one had seen better days and was looking a bit weathered..
IMAG0580.jpg

120d M Sport
I wish more people would do this to their 172's than stripping them out and gutting them.

I might be interested in this too..

Cup Packed FF200
I wish more people would do this to their 172's than stripping them out and gutting them.

I might be interested in this too..

It would be nice to see some more restoration projects, especially with some older classics like the Williams etc.:cool:

Going to see my dent man the weekend to see if he can get an annoying tiny dent out of the door B post. Last one hopefully, although they seem to re-appear if someone breaths on the damn thing - tinfoil.:mad:

I will let you all know if I sell. Just can't decide whether to wait till next summer now.

Last edited:
  Cup Packed FF200
gorgeous car mate but you've put the number plate on pissed up.:eek:

If your on about the one on the MOT pick thats the old one which someone had fitted before I owned the car :eek:. The new one as per the close up pic is fitted better ;)

Clio 172 Cup
Hi James.
I sent you a PM a minute ago but it's not appearing in my sent folder.
Did you get it?

172 Cup
Fantastic car and great work.

I have the same idea as you, to bring my cup upto a clean and tidy level.
Slowly getting there

Cup Packed FF200
Hi James.
I sent you a PM a minute ago but it's not appearing in my sent folder.
Did you get it?
yep, you have PM:approve:

very nice mate you should be proud :approve:
Thanks for the top comment.:D

Fantastic car and great work.
I have the same idea as you, to bring my cup upto a clean and tidy level.
Slowly getting there
Keep at it, Your'll do a better job than me :D

after all that work i would not sell it for a long time.. enjoy it..
I know, I did the same with 2 previous 106 Rallyes, one had to be the best in the country, I never saw one better in 8 years.:D

lovely, as MINT as I kept my 172.
Hopefully. Cheers.:approve:

Cup Packed FF200
My dent man managed to get at the door B post little dings, it's amazing to watch how he does it. One more out the rear quater - I think I'm dent free at last!!:D To be honest I think I'm being a bit of a perfectionist, half the time I can't even find them to show him.:eek: