ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project cars

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Fired the beta up for the first time in ages and tried a round of the Clio Cup. Feels like an awesome battle even using an Xbox One pad. AI is pretty intelligent and graphics still stunning. Car handles pretty well too.
Career mode has awesome depth. Looking at the daily build reports it's just lots of polishing and bug bashing going on atm.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Oh boy, there shall be some disappointment in this thread by the sound of it.
Its pretty, its atmospheric... in the same way codemasters makes their games. If your expecting a racing "sim" as people keep labling it, then this is not that. Its simcade at best.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Oh boy, there shall be some disappointment in this thread by the sound of it.
Its pretty, its atmospheric... in the same way codemasters makes their games. If your expecting a racing "sim" as people keep labling it, then this is not that. Its simcade at best.
It's in the middle ground between sims that feel like they require a wheel and a racing license, and Forza/GT. Nothing wrong with it tbh.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with Simcade.

Some people will have never played more accurate sims, some people want eye candy, some people just want a game that they can pick up and play, which you can't really do with a hardcore sim unless you leave everything set up all the time.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely, there's nothing wrong with Simcade.

Some people will have never played more accurate sims, some people want eye candy, some people just want a game that they can pick up and play, which you can't really do with a hardcore sim unless you leave everything set up all the time.
Indeedy. I think what the sim community forgets sometimes is that they are an incredibly tiny part of racing games as a whole. Most developers are out to earn money, not satisfy a few thousand people who have the space for a full sim rig

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Indeedy. I think what the sim community forgets sometimes is that they are an incredibly tiny part of racing games as a whole. Most developers are out to earn money, not satisfy a few thousand people who have the space for a full sim rig

I totally agree with this, but to be fair, on page 4 you correct someone telling them its a sim (no car mods). If people are expecting a sim, then they will be let down is all I'm saying. For the PS4/xbox type gamer, it will be perfect.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I totally agree with this, but to be fair, on page 4 you correct someone telling them its a sim (no car mods). If people are expecting a sim, then they will be let down is all I'm saying. For the PS4/xbox type gamer, it will be perfect.
It's more of a sim than Forza :tongueout:
In more important news, release date has slipped to 2nd of April. Looks like something the publisher decided, not the devs

It's more of a sim than Forza :tongueout:
In more important news, release date has slipped to 2nd of April. Looks like something the publisher decided, not the devs
Ffs. Have to wait even longer!

Yeah, something a touch more sim than forza would be perfect for me! + I'd rather be driving more race cars than mainly road cars as in forza. So this sounds like perfection.

RS Clio 182

Yeah but for us on PS4,we have only had Driveclub - so this is a full-on Sim to us! ;)

Goddamit,delayed til April 2nd - was just about to book the 20th off!

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
I forgot how irritating the Clio's are to drive on cold tyres. Like f**king Bambi on ice.

Your not wrong. Cant seem to get any heat in the rears! just did a few laps of doni, LOO on every corner pretty much. Recorded a lap. Uploading to youtube now.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Your not wrong. Cant seem to get any heat in the rears! just did a few laps of doni, LOO on every corner pretty much. Recorded a lap. Uploading to youtube now.
Oulton Park is an enormous pain in the arse in the Clio with no heat in the rear tyres. Touching the kerbs or putting the power down even a little bit when the wheels aren't straight you're going off into a barrier

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
Sounds a lot more sim if your discussing tyre temps, forza has temps but seem to be more of a gimmick and not really effect the play at all.
Look forward to the video

I know i sound overly negative, but tyre temps are quite the gimmick in Pc. There seems to be no tangible correlation between how much you scrub the tyres and how much heat builds.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I'm hoping they've still got tweaking to do to them. Tyre heat seems to be weird. It'll do left front, and then a lap later right front will be warm.
In the BAC Mono, left front, left rear, right front, and never right rear. Really odd.

John Gordon

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 2.0 RS 172 Ph1
One lap of Donington park. To give you an idea i have a fairly average computer, graphics are turned down to high for the majority, think shadows are med. I have well over 60 FPS, not going to play with the settings until its out properly, as I hardly play it and I want to wait until its fully optimised to start fiddling.

Nothing special, but enjoy.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
No POV mode? I prefer that above to the usual. Forza I race from behind the car but want to try get used to cockpit view for this.

Problem with cockpit views is that its always harder to tell what the car is doing at the back. Not like real life where you feel it, cant do that with a game pad lol.

Lift off oversteer doesn't look that bad, 1:00 I was expecting the back to come round a bit lol. Also noticed little or no tyre sounds but I'm guessing that might be added yet.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I prefer the view in the replay to the usual drivers view tbh.

Like I say I always find it hard to work out what the back end of the car is doing, might take you a second to realise the back is losing grip whereas if you have the camera on the back of the car you can see what's going on.. Also I always found myself crashing into people in close racing because you couldn't see or tell if someone was beside you all the while.

Is there a number to how many cars are going to be in this game?

One lap of Donington park. To give you an idea i have a fairly average computer, graphics are turned down to high for the majority, think shadows are med. I have well over 60 FPS, not going to play with the settings until its out properly, as I hardly play it and I want to wait until its fully optimised to start fiddling.

Nothing special, but enjoy.

Looks brilliant. Even sounds very clio like too [emoji5]
Good stuff
No POV mode? I prefer that above to the usual. Forza I race from behind the car but want to try get used to cockpit view for this.

Problem with cockpit views is that its always harder to tell what the car is doing at the back. Not like real life where you feel it, cant do that with a game pad lol.

Lift off oversteer doesn't look that bad, 1:00 I was expecting the back to come round a bit lol. Also noticed little or no tyre sounds but I'm guessing that might be added yet.
I'm the other way round, feel disconnected from car as 3rd person, car feels very unresponsive.. ... 1st person I find it much more responsive and get far better feel for the cars, and obviously you get a far more realistic sensation.

It takes a while to adjust to 1st person though...
Was used to 3rd person from old Sega Saturn games. Lol. Daytona, Sega rally. Etc.
I only made the switch when forza games came out to add to the realism , and mainly as it was rude to ignore the interior detail. [emoji14]

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks like publishers didn't want it clashing with GTA5 on PC release, or something
The extra weeks of polishing won't hurt anyway

Looks good! Like the idea of kart racing!

Career looks very good.
Appart from, what I assume, is fake Twitter feed on the right of career menu featuring fake fans getting excited about the fake season opener!
Lol. Bit naff and pointless.

Only thing I can say I don't like about the game after reading up on it and viewing numerous videos is........ its name.
Project cars is a crap name! [emoji14]

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good! Like the idea of kart racing!

Career looks very good.
Appart from, what I assume, is fake Twitter feed on the right of career menu featuring fake fans getting excited about the fake season opener!
Lol. Bit naff and pointless.

Only thing I can say I don't like about the game after reading up on it and viewing numerous videos is........ its name.
Project cars is a crap name! [emoji14]
Community Assisted Race Sim