ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project CARS 2

Tomotek

ClioSport Club Member
Going to get PC2 next week I think.. played PC1 all the time. I’ve got a Thrustmaster TX leather wheel and T3PA pedals with the rubber brake mod, and a playseat.

Played the demo the other day, seems like a lot of issues have gone and a lot better than PC1, especially the wet weather updates!

When are you guys going to set some challenges up?, pick a car and a track (give everyone a few weeks) and let’s get some times on the board [emoji1377]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

107 Track Car & C4
Has anyone else had any major glitches with the career mode on XB1? I was doing to RS01 series and by the end of the championship, it came up that I hadn't won or even competed in any events effectively! Anyone else had this?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Going to get PC2 next week I think.. played PC1 all the time. I’ve got a Thrustmaster TX leather wheel and T3PA pedals with the rubber brake mod, and a playseat.

Played the demo the other day, seems like a lot of issues have gone and a lot better than PC1, especially the wet weather updates!

When are you guys going to set some challenges up?, pick a car and a track (give everyone a few weeks) and let’s get some times on the board [emoji1377]

@JB21 has already set one up on the thread below. :cool:

https://www.cliosport.net/threads/project-cars-2-time-trial-challenge-december-17.813935/

Really starting to do my head in online this game, its just full of idiots who actually go out of their way to crash into you, just don't get why the actually pay money for it.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Really starting to do my head in online this game, its just full of idiots who actually go out of their way to crash into you, just don't get why the actually pay money for it.
It's a really difficult balance to find a sensible, yet not-too-serious racing group online.

Simply joining an open lobby is fraught with frustrations of people doing doughnuts mid-track or simply ramming you off in a corner. Yet I don't have the time nor commitment to join online racing leagues and be present every Thursday at 19:30, for example.

That said, one bloke who ran a training course I went on, was quite active in some of the amateur online racing. They had strict car selection criteria for the upcoming race and had (I think?) a fortnight to practice the circuit. He seemed to take it almost as serious as his job - but it did sound like a lot of fun.

It's a really difficult balance to find a sensible, yet not-too-serious racing group online.

Simply joining an open lobby is fraught with frustrations of people doing doughnuts mid-track or simply ramming you off in a corner. Yet I don't have the time nor commitment to join online racing leagues and be present every Thursday at 19:30, for example.

That said, one bloke who ran a training course I went on, was quite active in some of the amateur online racing. They had strict car selection criteria for the upcoming race and had (I think?) a fortnight to practice the circuit. He seemed to take it almost as serious as his job - but it did sound like a lot of fun.
Fully agree with all the above mate, I'm in online leagues but with family commitments I'm always missing the set time races. The open lobbies are ridiculous and I'm done with them as I'm getting Fifa levels of rage and just cant get my online score high enough to get in the limited licence lobbies.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Holy s**t this RXLite Fiesta is fun... like an h'actual rally car.

20180102215909_1.jpg

20180102215920_1.jpg

20180102215929_1.jpg

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Bought this is the recent sale as I've now got a G920 with shifter and a WheelStandPro, but not had chance to try it yet.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Endurance racing is fun. Much better supported than the original version.

I'm not sure I like the new dirt system on PCARS2 though. The original seems much more realistic rather than having been splattered by 600 very large, very pixel-y and very black bugs. Takes about 40 minutes/10 laps of La Sarthe to get to full dirty-ness, compared to 20 minutes/5 laps.
ss194554.jpg
20161027134708_1.jpg

Goliath I
In the coming weeks I'm going to be raising money for the children's ward of my local hospital with the help of this game.

I got the idea off another forum and the plan/challenge is to do the full 24hr Le Mans race. Using my G920, doing the entire race myself bar when I stop for food and get the AI to take over for 1/2 hour. I'll also be streaming the entire thing on mixer.

I'll be using a full mixed grid, realistic time, weather, tyres, fuel etc... I'm just not sure what car to race in at the moment? I'm thinking one of the LMP 1's as they're more nimble, feel lighter and will be less strainful. It also means in the likeliness of a major crash, I won't spend most of the dodging cars...

What do you guys reckon?

In the coming weeks I'm going to be raising money for the children's ward of my local hospital with the help of this game.

I got the idea off another forum and the plan/challenge is to do the full 24hr Le Mans race. Using my G920, doing the entire race myself bar when I stop for food and get the AI to take over for 1/2 hour. I'll also be streaming the entire thing on mixer.

I'll be using a full mixed grid, realistic time, weather, tyres, fuel etc... I'm just not sure what car to race in at the moment? I'm thinking one of the LMP 1's as they're more nimble, feel lighter and will be less strainful. It also means in the likeliness of a major crash, I won't spend most of the dodging cars...

What do you guys reckon?

Defo one of the LMP cars for sure, good on you as well for doing this :up:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
The 911 GT3 R Endurance is a good choice IMO. The last thing you want is something hard to drive and the 911 is pretty safe.

The Ferrari F50 GT is awesome too but can be a tad trickier at low speed and isn’t current. The Audi R18s were pretty easy to drive in the last game but I haven’t driven them yet in this one (well, there’s only one in this game)

Goliath I
I've been trialling a few cars here and there in 1-2 hour races. So far I find the most enjoyment in LMP1's and it requires less braking and turning to get round the track, which means my body should last out longer than if I'm driving a car that requires heavier braking and steering...

e.g. The last lot of sweeping turns before the two chicanes, in the LMP1 it requires little steering as the car sweeps through the bends with little or no braking, while the likes of the GT cars require you to slow the vehicle down more and fight the steering through the corners.

I don't want to get 12 hours in, then be aching to the point I can't go on anymore lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Caved in and bought it for the PC earlier.

Will be having a bash of it this week, I reckon - maybe even get the chance to add my name to the bottom of the time trials thread! :smile:

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I'm really not getting the chance to play this at all never mind as much as I hoped.
If anyone is considering buying a PS4 and this game give me a shout.
If I've still not played in a few weeks I think I'll be advertising it properly.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I love it. Ginetta Junior is my latest favourite toy (but then I'd love one in real life too!). Although in the rain the rest of the field slows down too much.... I was thrashing the LMP1s!!!!
ss172646.jpg

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Strange one earlier. I let my wife have a go at Oulton in a Camaro. So that she didn’t simply walk off after crashing quickly, I enabled the Authentic driving aids.

Apart from being a weird all-or-nothing power delivery, there was a weird power drop coming out of Lodge Corner and into Deer Leap. Almost like a heavily intrusive traction control.

I thought it might have been specific to the Camaro - but I went in a Porsche 935 afterwards (which I love) and it did the same. Total loss of power and boost before instantly coming back on delivery.

Could someone else check this for me? I’ll try and get a recording of it over the next few days.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Couple hours last night really enjoying this. Sitting at 72nd on the longbeach leaderboards in the P1. I’m murder in a race though need more practice.

View attachment 1352129
Have you got small sized feet? I can’t be doing with the clutch pedal on the Logitech pedal set. It’s too close to the brake pedal for me.

I’ve just unscrewed the clutch pedal plate itself, though I did debate about going for the full removal.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Strange one earlier. I let my wife have a go at Oulton in a Camaro. So that she didn’t simply walk off after crashing quickly, I enabled the Authentic driving aids.

Apart from being a weird all-or-nothing power delivery, there was a weird power drop coming out of Lodge Corner and into Deer Leap. Almost like a heavily intrusive traction control.

I thought it might have been specific to the Camaro - but I went in a Porsche 935 afterwards (which I love) and it did the same. Total loss of power and boost before instantly coming back on delivery.

Could someone else check this for me? I’ll try and get a recording of it over the next few days.

I had the same when I first played it mate. Happened on any car I tried.

Can't remember what I disabled in the settings but yeah it's basically something to do with ESP.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I had the same when I first played it mate. Happened on any car I tried.

Can't remember what I disabled in the settings but yeah it's basically something to do with ESP.
Ah - great. As long it's something simple like that. At one point I thought the pedals might be acting up!

I'll try it again with all assists off and see if the issue goes away.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Ah - great. As long it's something simple like that. At one point I thought the pedals might be acting up!

Haha that's exactly what i thought too. During a career race in Clio Cup, everytime i got to Lodge it cut the power and applied the brakes like hitting a wall. Was properly pissing me off.

I think it was stability assist or something like that.

Would anyone be up for a online CS.net race series on PS4? I can set it all up and maybe do a race or 2 once a week on a day and time to suit everyone. Getting really sick of the general lobby muppets now, and the communities are way, way to serious!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Haha that's exactly what i thought too. During a career race in Clio Cup, everytime i got to Lodge it cut the power and applied the brakes like hitting a wall. Was properly pissing me off.

I think it was stability assist or something like that.
If it's easy enough to replicate being on or off, I might report that as a bug - especially as we've both witnessed it.

I hoping it's the same thing that screws up the Porsche 935 on the Oulton Island Circuit layout. On the hairpin bend, the car gets really confused. 2nd gear is too slow for the entry speed and bogs down coming out of it. 1st gear appears to get artificially dialled-back - probably in a vain attempt to stop the rear from going all drift car. That car only has a 4-speed gearbox too, though 4th is almost redundant as 3rd appears quite tall.

Still loving that car though. It's the first real attempt I've had with it in a racing game since the days of GTR2. It's mid-to-top end wallop from the turbos is very addictive, but not insane and savage delivery like the Lotus 97T.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
If it's easy enough to replicate being on or off, I might report that as a bug - especially as we've both witnessed it.

I hoping it's the same thing that screws up the Porsche 935 on the Oulton Island Circuit layout. On the hairpin bend, the car gets really confused. 2nd gear is too slow for the entry speed and bogs down coming out of it. 1st gear appears to get artificially dialled-back - probably in a vain attempt to stop the rear from going all drift car. That car only has a 4-speed gearbox too, though 4th is almost redundant as 3rd appears quite tall.

Still loving that car though. It's the first real attempt I've had with it in a racing game since the days of GTR2. It's mid-to-top end wallop from the turbos is very addictive, but not insane and savage delivery like the Lotus 97T.

Had it not just at Oulton but Silverstone too.

With Stability Control on it automatically puts Traction Control on too, so that's why your 1st gear problem will be happening as it brakes the spinning wheel.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had it not just at Oulton but Silverstone too.

With Stability Control on it automatically puts Traction Control on too, so that's why your 1st gear problem will be happening as it brakes the spinning wheel.
It's awful. I'd rather feel like the car was constantly being driven on ice, than have these sudden and rapid drops in power - or some other affect of control being applied. Brilliant programming however - but if the newer cars behave anywhere like these, I'd be switching everything off.

Was reading a bit more about the 935 and some of its variants earlier on Wikipedia. Looks like back in the day, someone was attempting a real-life PC2 & GTAV hybrid!

"Originally purchased by the owner of Golds Gym in 1986 from Auto Saloon 2000 in Miami for nearly $200,000USD. The unrestored 190 mph+ Porsche has been untouched since 88' when he was indicted for the distribution of illegal drugs."

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
It's awful. I'd rather feel like the car was constantly being driven on ice, than have these sudden and rapid drops in power - or some other affect of control being applied. Brilliant programming however - but if the newer cars behave anywhere like these, I'd be switching everything off.

Was reading a bit more about the 935 and some of its variants earlier on Wikipedia. Looks like back in the day, someone was attempting a real-life PC2 & GTAV hybrid!

"Originally purchased by the owner of Golds Gym in 1986 from Auto Saloon 2000 in Miami for nearly $200,000USD. The unrestored 190 mph+ Porsche has been untouched since 88' when he was indicted for the distribution of illegal drugs."

I've turned it all off now apart from ABS, drives much better.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I think I’ve found it - braking assistance. I tried various assists that were interrupting how the car drove.

Switch everything off and all is rosy again. Switch them all off baring breaking assistance set to Low - and the issues return.

That doesn’t quite make sense though. Surely braking assistance is designed to help you enter a bend and not give you issues on the exit? Likewise, even if I had driver aids set to Authentic - I’m pretty sure nothing complex like that would have existed for the 935 of the 1970s?

Strange...