ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project CARS 2

Listerine & Poledo
If its meant to be a simulation WTF cant I get off the damn grass once I've binned it, its ridiculous even in 2nd with 5-10% throttle you just do donuts in a RWD, lol.
Because it rained the day before and you're on slicks?

Dunno.

Its probably due to track work being carried out over the winter and the heavy goods vehicles spilt fluids on the grass, or maybe a marshal took a pi$$ on the grass pre-race! Either way its BS, I can understand getting a wheel on the grass and it spinning you like a top as that's real life, but how hard it is to get off the grass once at low speeds is just stupid IMO, its literally race over. Whereas in PC1 you would loose 5-10 seconds then you're back on it.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Trying Formula Renault 3.5 now.

20171019233830_1.jpg

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I thought a wet race at Silverstone in the Formula Renault 3.5 series would be cool hence decided to record the 11-lap race. Qualified in first, lost a couple of places away from the line in the race but soon got them back. From that point I held the lead for a few laps expecting the opponents to make a good fight of it when they all pretty much ducked into the pits for a tyre change! That left me some 40s ahead and the rest of the race was a breeze really, even with some rather shoddy driving and lines. :p

I really like the way the track and handling dynamics change [even on game pad] as the weather changes along with the track conditions.

20171020170212_1.jpg

20171020170515_1.jpg

@Snakey thanks for the setup link, seems to have worked spot on and I’m actually driving fairly well with the pad [emoji1303]

Once I’ve got some spare cash I’m going to have to invest in a wheel and seat, should make it so much better than it already is.

Anyone driven the XJ220 S yet? Mega in a straight line but will not drive through a corner for s**t!

RS Clio 182
I've gone back to F1 2017 until the all the bugs are sorted and the game is completely playable.

i presumed the major bugs were sorted in patch 2.0 like the qualy and tyre ones.

Imo SMS take too much on - all the car & tracks combinations,the seasons of the year,the live track with all the day/night/weather changes. There loads of little graphical/sound glitches ive noticed that need sorting,but id say the game is mainly playable now. But...as a single player career game,i find F1 2017 a more complete and 'finished' experience where everything works.

I cant get into the Pcars2 career as its just so short in every discipline - i mean why hasnt the Clio Cup got both a spint and main race,along with mandatory pit stops??

Swift Sport
Just bought a regular Xbox One second-hand from a mate (Lee).

I'll be buying Project Cars 2 in the morning but I'm guessing from what I've read I'll be wanting a racing wheel?

After a little bit of research I've decided I'll probably go for a Logitech G920... Good choice? I'll probably buy used off eBay.

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
And I've just bought a second hand PS4 mostly for this. Will be a while before I can buy a wheel too seeing as how I'm buying a cage for my actual car.

Doubt I'll play online much if at all, best to just buy the basic game at £45 or whatever it is?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I need new pedals. My G27 ones I keep having to clean and take apart and the acel is still f*cked.
I bought the uprated spring set for my G25 pedals, but I haven't used them yet.

Got a new stand for the wheel and pedals - one that I can actually bolt on to this time. I'll be using that over Christmas - but I'm thinking of removing the clutch pedal altogether. I never use it and it just fouls my brake pedalling with the side of my foot.

Clio 182 Trophy
Is it worth me picking this up now on black friday, or just wait til christmas? Is it likely to get much better?

Still play PCars 1 and I enjoy that one so it's got to be a worthwhile upgrade otherwise I won't bother.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah looking forward to it mate, you've got the g29 haven't you?

Thrustmaster T300RS mate. Bit different to the G29.

Mine is belt driven and yours is gear driven. When you set it up you'll have to play around the with force feedback and don't have it too high as it'll start 'clipping', which basically means it's running at 100% or more and overloading it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
This is how I have my T300RS set up.

Configuration
Steering Deadzone 0
Steering Sensitivity 50
Throttle Deadzone 0
Throttle Sensitivity 50
Brake Deadzone 0
Brake Sensitivity 50
Speed Sensitivity 45
Damper Saturation 25

Force Feedback
Flavour Raw
Gain 100
Volume 50
Tone 50
FX 75
Menu Spring Strength 0.40

Dunno if anybody else has theirs set differently, it would be nice to see others settings.

Ills

ClioSport Club Member
£224 delivered for the Logitech G29 & Wheel Stand Pro V2 Deluxe, could probably sell it for this if I don't like it 3-6 months down the line.

Where was that from? I’m tempted to get a wheel for my Xbox

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
£224 delivered for the Logitech G29 & Wheel Stand Pro V2 Deluxe, could probably sell it for this if I don't like it 3-6 months down the line.

Has the wheel turned up yet? Would be interesting to see what your thoughts are on it within games.

It’s a game-changer (no pun intended) with regards to the smoothness that you can go in and out of corners with.

The two areas that immediately spring to mind are the Melbourne Hairpin and Goddards at Donington. Especially when exiting those bends - there’s none of the ‘jaggyness’ that you get with pads - that micro left/right/left motion in order to get a smooth line out.

That said - you don’t immediately find it a natural input method. Wheels still need work and patience, but it comes much easier than with a pad and you start to see those rewards in falling lap times. And in just making the game more fun to play overall.

Has the wheel turned up yet? Would be interesting to see what your thoughts are on it within games.

It’s a game-changer (no pun intended) with regards to the smoothness that you can go in and out of corners with.

The two areas that immediately spring to mind are the Melbourne Hairpin and Goddards at Donington. Especially when exiting those bends - there’s none of the ‘jaggyness’ that you get with pads - that micro left/right/left motion in order to get a smooth line out.

That said - you don’t immediately find it a natural input method. Wheels still need work and patience, but it comes much easier than with a pad and you start to see those rewards in falling lap times. And in just making the game more fun to play overall.
Just waiting on the wheel stand pro mate, I know its not going to be easy at first but I have no doubt i'll be significantly quicker over a pad just need patience at first to dial it all in and come to grips with it all as I've never even used a wheel before.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Just waiting on the wheel stand pro mate, I know its not going to be easy at first but I have no doubt i'll be significantly quicker over a pad just need patience at first to dial it all in and come to grips with it all as I've never even used a wheel before.

I ended up getting one of the below from my wife as a Christmas present. I did really want one of the full sit down chairs and setup like what @McGherkin uses - but I just don’t have the space unfortunately. Hence mine had to be a full-away option. Looking forward to trying it though - I miss using a wheel!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/141858401451

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
See what you think of the pedal feedback too. A common complaint is that they feel far too soft and lack any form of feedback.

I bought the below a few months back, but again, haven’t really had the chance to properly test how much difference there is over the original springs. Ludicrously expensive for what they are - no doubt they might be cheaper elsewhere. Alternatively, you can just buy the brake spring alone as that appears to be the pedal that most users have an issue with.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/161713422412

Right so the G29 & WSP V2 turned up yesterday and managed a few hours playing about with it in the evening. Seemed to come to grips with it really quickly that's left foot braking as well. I was expecting it to be really difficult the way some where saying that a pad is much easier due to assistance, but I find the wheel much easier as you can actually feel what's going on with the car instead of guessing e.g corrective oversteer.

I set it up with 0 dead zones, FFB on 60 and immerse mode and it feels great TBH. Personal lap times were tumbling last night on most tracks, and had a few podium finishes online were normally I'm middle of the pack.

Cant believe I've waited this long to get this set-up, well pleased with it.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I have to say it normally takes me a little while to get used to the handling of a sim, jumped into this and straight away knew how to drive it.