ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: BMW E21.

Not to piss on your chips, but I wouldn't be detailing it before it's resprayed, could just cause more issues with reactions and stuff.

It looks awesome anyway.

I missed this being finished, how, I don't know.

Epic sire, simply epic. Looked at the pictures so many times now, proper crush on this car!

Cheers for the kind comments.

It's had a couple of outings since it was "finished".

A very wet journey down to Trax:

9948233694_e19862e902_c.jpg

Evenings at KK's:

9948219465_a0423d7e9d_c.jpg

And it also featured in the Manchester Classic Car Show, at The Trafford Centre:

9948224434_e1563d26a9_c.jpg

9948208965_6392662597_c.jpg

I was actually really proud to have it at the show, I was able to stand back and feel really good about the car and even though it's got a long way to go still, it was a good weekend.

The car will come off the road again at the end of October, the engine is overheating, and I won't use the car that much over winter anyway, so I'll cash in the tax, put it on a laid up policy, and give the engine, and engine bay an overhaul over the winter months. This time round, the work will be done for spring, so I'll have a good portion of the year to enjoy it.

Oh, and carbs are looking likely, along with a new cam.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Wash your mouth out!

Single headlights are the only way to roll. :cool:

In all honesty, no, I've never once considered it, I think they look far better in single headlight form.

Haha! Just a question. To be fair I like both.

This is going to sound 300% classic BMW snob, but the twin headlight ones nod too much to the E30.

I have... "mixed" feelings about the E30, but they are such feelings that make me want to distance my car away from the E30 if possible.

I feel single headlight and debumpered E21s nod more in the direction of the 2002, which for me is the superior car of the three.

That's my reasoning... along with the fact it looks better ;)

Nope, but I have modified it to improve the looks (IMO), that improvement has been inspired by the 2002.

How's your chav drift wagon? ;)

I say this in jest, of course.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This is going to sound 300% classic BMW snob, but the twin headlight ones nod too much to the E30.

I have... "mixed" feelings about the E30, but they are such feelings that make me want to distance my car away from the E30 if possible.

I feel single headlight and debumpered E21s nod more in the direction of the 2002, which for me is the superior car of the three.

That's my reasoning... along with the fact it looks better ;)

I 100% see where you are coming from..:cool:

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
Haha, still loveing it. But I agree with you, I keep eyeing up 2002's!

I also think your right to keep just teh single headlights, simplicty is everything with teh ol' shark noses, looks a stunner as it is, so why chnage it?!

Then again...

315wht.jpg

Thats horrid btw.

Last edited:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Oh my just seen this for sale ED38 -

B5F536F0-1D11-404E-8527-91FDF8EAF32A-4893-00000240268A4F17_zpseb91b3dd.jpg

(PS yours still looks nicer)

Haha, still loveing it. But I agree with you, I keep eyeing up 2002's!

I also think your right to keep just teh single headlights, simplicty is everything with teh ol' shark noses, looks a stunner as it is, so why chnage it?!

Then again...

View attachment 104789

Thats horrid btw.

The square doubles looks terrible where as the one I posted before looks alright. But now I think/look at the pics it singles are the way forward.

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That looks lovely...Is it me or does the rear wheels look a bit inset on that photo.It could just be the angle the pic was taken at.?

That looks lovely...Is it me or does the rear wheels look a bit inset on that photo.It could just be the angle the pic was taken at.?

Yeah, you should see them IRL, they needs spacers desperately.

The car and colour are gorgeous, however I feel the wheels really let it down. A far brighter silver would probably work wonders.

Couldn't agree more mate, the wheels are replicas though, and including tyres, they cost me about £300 tops, so they're cheap and cheerful finish. In the long run, I'll probably get genuine items, with a fresh, professional refurb on them.

Gaz85

ClioSport Club Member
  330e, golf r, EP3 s4
superb, love the colour with all the brown leaves around get some good shots

So yeah, today I hired a van and drove to Wrexham, A short time later, this happened:

11012953476_86ea948cea_z.jpg

11013059343_d2fe0c28a4_z.jpg

It's an M20B25, or in non nerd terms, the 2.5l from the BMW E30.

It's recently been rebuilt with all new gaskets and rings etc.

It also included a manual gearbox, which is dandy, although I probably won't use it due to the cable driven speedo on my car.

It was also a decent price, so in all, a good morning :)

It'll obviously be taking the place of the M10B16 that's currently fitted to the E21, but I'm between either running it with the standard injection, or splashing out on a full 6cyl bike carb conversion from Bogg Bros, fortunately I don't need to make a decision just yet.

So yeah, things are about to go a fair bit faster :D

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
How easy will it fit into your car?

Yeah would have like to have seen that in the boot of a Saxo. flol

How easy will it fit into your car?

Yeah would have like to have seen that in the boot of a Saxo. flol

Near enough straight fit. The M20B23 was fitted to the E21, and the block is near enough the same on both M20's.

I ended up with a different engine to the one talked about in that thread, but yeah, it was never going in a Saxo!