ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project: BMW E21.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Lol well after this month I'm on a fair amount more money so ill be able to come up whenever. I also get paid bonus tomorrow so millionaire status starts again, just not for as long this time.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lmfao. Was talking to TEG the other day and his scooby classic wagon gets more mpg on his 3 mile journey to work than mine does during my 8 mile journey.

Because he drives like a feather footed old nanny goat and your fiesta is broken lol

Yep, I need to find my closest BMW dealer and place an order with them for the Dizzy cap & Ignition coil.

HT leads and Spark Plugs I imagine I can get from anywhere!

Once they're all here, we can have an evening of changing the electrical stuff.

Oil, filter, and rocker cover gasket I will do another night/weekend.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
id be tempted to say alot of it would be the same/ similar to early mk1 golfs no?

Depends how early. The Mk1 cab my friend has is completely different. Dizzy etc looks the same (but they all do) but the leads are metal ended, on the zim zimmer they are insulated all the way down, completely different fitment too. The ones on the bimmer reminded me more of the coils on a Clio than that on any VAG items I've come across.

We also need to know the fitment of the plugs so we can get a socket that actually f**king fits.

Space to maneuver is a slight issue on that side of the block too LOL!

Last edited:
I'd ring Blue Bell BMW in Altrincham, they're next to the football club. Blue Bell have a great rep over on M3 cutters, loads of people have used the on in Alty too.

Also, I could ask our of our clients at work if he knows anywhere to get original BMW parts, beside BMW. (He works at BMW in Knutsford so might know somewhere)

Yeah, Blue Bell is probably best.

Taking the rest of the dashboard out tonight, and hopefully as much of the rest of the interior as possible.

Get it down to a bare shell, find the water leak/leaks and make it 100% water tight in there. Then I can refit what is staying/start sourcing the new interior :)

Progree pics to come :)

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
Depends how early. The Mk1 cab my friend has is completely different. Dizzy etc looks the same (but they all do) but the leads are metal ended, on the zim zimmer they are insulated all the way down, completely different fitment too. The ones on the bimmer reminded me more of the coils on a Clio than that on any VAG items I've come across.

We also need to know the fitment of the plugs so we can get a socket that actually f**king fits.

Space to maneuver is a slight issue on that side of the block too LOL!

Cabs are technically mk2s really. i guess it would be early s1 mk1 teritory,

A full BBS bodykit has come up for sale on E21.net, and I really can't decide if I like it or not?

Opinions?...

8188219080_73fd674bfc_o.jpg

At the very least I'm thinking about the front bumper, the current one looks awful!

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
No no no. I love the shape as it is, the kit ruins the lines imo.

Exactly, cars of that era had silly bodykits, and it's a genuine BBS kit too.

I'll get it, spray it, get it fitted and if it looks a sack of balls, I'll whack it on eBay.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
:dapprove:

I'd like to be proved wrong and it look good though!

It might look alright when on the car in person, but I reckon you need to address the... ermm 'height issue', and the wheels too! Otherwise it will look a bit naff, guaranteed.

Not that cheap Joe.

I know, it might look crap, it might not.

They look decent on some E21's, poor on others.

Like I say, it shouldn't be too hard to move it on if it looks awful.

The front bumper is damaged and needs some small fibreglass repair work, something I should be able to do myself.

The kit will then need spraying, as it's currently silver.

I'll test fit it once repaired, then spray it. It won't be final fitted until the bodywork is done though, which will be next year at the very least.

The kit should be easy enough to remove and refit though, so it'll go on once sprayed and come off again come respray time.

Sounds like it could be a bit of an investment if anything then. Could it be worth a fair amount in good condition? Like is it a rare/sought after kit?

The thing that's putting me off about it are the side skirts. The bits that start to follow the arch on either end. I don't know, I've never really been a 'side skirt' lover. Front and rear just look like an OEM BMW kit tbh. Which is only a good thing!

A genuine BBS front bumper is worth about as much as I'm paying for the kit ;)

So I shouldn't lose money on it.

Yeah, the side skirts are what I'm struggling with.

I might just have the front bumper and sell the rest. We'll see.