ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Binky - mini 4x4 turbo celica engine

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
Great idea using the MG loom. I might start doing that with kit cars.

Yeah that set up was impressive! When they were doing the wiring though I was expecting them to say they now have to rip it all out again to sleeve the cables. Doesn't look right just having bare cables uncovered

scotiamr2t

ClioSport Club Member
  Mazda 2, Ph1 172
I thought the same when they were doing the wiring. Although it will all have to come out again when they strip it for painting, assume they want to do a complete dry build before stripping it all back again for finishing

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
His machining on the bridgeport was pretty impressive. I would have never came up with a solution like that for an alternator set up.

Strange how we all thought the same thing regarding the wiring. I didnt think they would have fed it through the body cavities without wrapping it in loom tape of heatshrink first, but I imagine that they will take it all out again and wrap it before the final build.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Loved seeing the interior come together. Not sure the seat flip down lever is all that convenient to get to, but I imagine they won't ever have anyone in the back. :D

-Rob

ClioSport Club Member
Absolutely love this series, be a shame to see the end of it! Wonder just how many man hours have been poured into it..

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Is it going to be put through it's paces when it's finished? So we can see all the hard work in action?

I loved the clearance for the mug handles, very tongue in cheek!

Still plenty to do, especially when they keep finding jobs like the centre console to sink a week into.

Oh absolutely, I'm not complaining, they still have an exhaust, engine ancillaries, mapping, suspension setup, interior trimming, paint etc to cover on top of anything else they find along the way to make.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I’m looking forward to the paint

I can guarantee that Neil will want it to spit flames or have anti-lag when they get it mapped. He looks innocent but I bet he’s f**king not![emoji23]

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Can't help but think that all this effort to go to with this build and then they're just sticking a Celica engine in seems a bit mad to me ?

Granted not many engines will fit in a Mini, but....

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
That's Nik driving the 205 at the start of all the videos. He's said often that this will be used hard so he's making sure everything it 100% and functional.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
Pretty sure Nik said it’s for the sake of doing it and it’ll be his road car.

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
That's a good point actually. You would think even if he was going to track it that they would have fitted a cage. It has that beefy tubing running up the sills, I suppose if he ever fancied it a cage wouldn't take him long to fab.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
afaik they are sitll yet to sort out anything turbo related on the engine side of things.
they did leave space and add extra support for if they ever needed a cage... unsure as to why they didn't.

One of them replied to a friend of mines comment on Facebook saying that there will be a future project. Didn't illude to what though.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Good advertisement for their business too, I imagine. Would be quite happy to have those guys working on my car, although maybe not if I was having to pay for that level of obsessive detail at commercial rates ?