ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Project Binky - mini 4x4 turbo celica engine

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Must be the longest car build in history, can't help but think they'd had finished by now if they didn't spend so long faffing about with what biscuits to have with the 4000 cups of tea they have every day.

SQ5
I imagine this has got them more work so this has taken a bit of a backseat. Apparently it's meant to be ready for Goodwood FoS

BG DCI
I want them to price it up with the hours spent at the end...

In all honesty the fabrication at times is staggeringly good.

He must love doing a Honda replacement wheel arch day to day knowing thats sat in the back of the workshop!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
It is just straight up racecar build p**n. I love it. Watching the jig come apart to become the rotisserie was just a 'f**king well played' moment.

Surprised they mounted the exhaust directly to the rear seat bulkhead though, you can get heat insulating gaskets and so on which would minimise the heat transfer. I'm sure they'll be heat shielding the cutout anyway, but everything helps. I'm guessing they're going to have to do something a bit funky to fit the rear bench in anyway, to stop it from f**king up/bursting into flames once the exhaust gets a bit hot.

Looks like they're including ALL the patrons in every video, which is a tad annoying but hey, I'm in two videos now.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So do I, but then they're funny, the two Binky blokes aren't.

Doesn't stop me enjoying the build, it's just a bit cringy, like that family member that thinks he's a stand up comedian, when in reality he's just embarrassing and everyone wishes he'd stop.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
So do I, but then they're funny, the two Binky blokes aren't.

Doesn't stop me enjoying the build, it's just a bit cringy, like that family member that k#thinks he's a stand up comedian hen in reality he's just embarrassing.
Nah not for me. See whilst i like Rickey Gervias et al, I find the Office / Pilkington unbelievably cringeworthy. Have to leave the room sometimes, lol

Fiesta ST3
I dont mind the humour in Project Binky. Nowhere near as good as the engineering / fabrication work mind you.

Then again the office is one of my faves so that might explain it..

The most disappointing episode so far IMO. 4 month wait for a 25 minute episode of 'just' adapting arches and making up a couple of fuel lines.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
The most disappointing episode so far IMO. 4 month wait for a 25 minute episode of 'just' adapting arches and making up a couple of fuel lines.

Completely agree with this. There's a shed load more patreon donations now too by the looks of things

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Sorry folks, I got the email saying it's out, and forgot it's not out for everyone yet.

Seriously though, you should consider becoming patrons, the way I see it, you pay to watch TV, and there's not much that's better than this, so why wouldn't you pay to see it? Even if it's just a quid every time an episode comes out, it's hardly going to break the bank.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Definitely won't break the bank as its months between episodes!

I could afford £1000's of pounds support the rate they're bringing vids out!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Sorry folks, I got the email saying it's out, and forgot it's not out for everyone yet.

Seriously though, you should consider becoming patrons, the way I see it, you pay to watch TV, and there's not much that's better than this, so why wouldn't you pay to see it? Even if it's just a quid every time an episode comes out, it's hardly going to break the bank.
I wouldnt mind donating if they hurried up a bit with their episodes but paying for one every 3 months is just silly.