ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Problem With My Gf's Twingo GT Turbo *Fuel*

172 SPORT PH2
hey guys, i just wanted to post up here, and hopefully if someone has got a twingo gt or know someone with this problem can help me...

Basicly she is telling me that when she fills the car up with petrol, it doesnt click off, and it runs all down the car etc...

Another time is it doesnt fill right to the top, and it only doest like half a tank when she wants a full tank ??

Any ideas? beig back to the garge, they say its all ok etc... but clearly not

It isnt the sensor on it, apparently its working correctly? Nor is it the pumps we use, cause it does it to preety much all of them

Any ideas

cheers

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
When you fill a car up with fuel (Right to the top) the car has nothing to do with it, its the pump itself that detects when to stop. When you fill a 5L jerry can it does the same.

172 SPORT PH2
this is just the info i am hearing, i dont know alot about the fuel delivery etc.... soo it could well be every station we being to then lol ? she aint had a full tank since, a week into having the car... hmmm

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This sounds like a woman fault, not a car fault

Deffinately.

My business partner can't fill my van up. Keeps clicking off every 5 seconds.... Useless t**t.

You just need to do a bit of twisting/pulling/pushing to find which angle of the dangle it needs to go in on to fill it up in one go. Hardly rocket science.

S4 Avant
Hardly rocket science.

We're dealing with women though.

My sister said her car got very loud, and something was scraping on the floor last week. I asked her to look under the car and see if the exhaust had fallen off.
She looked at the back box and replied "no". First thing I did was look under the front of the car, to see the exhaust snapped and lying on the ground.
She thought the exhaust was just the pipe at the back :rolleyes:

She then proceeded to drive to a garage, and rip the whole system off, 2 minutes down the road.

hey guys, i just wanted to post up here, and hopefully if someone has got a twingo gt or know someone with this problem can help me...

Basicly she is telling me that when she fills the car up with petrol, it doesnt click off, and it runs all down the car etc...

Another time is it doesnt fill right to the top, and it only doest like half a tank when she wants a full tank ??

It isnt the sensor on it, apparently its working correctly? Nor is it the pumps we use, cause it does it to preety much all of them

Any ideas

cheers
Have you actually tried it? Also how would a sensor in a car stop a pump from delivering fuel?

172 SPORT PH2
lol prob, i was at work at this time... so i didnt know what they said, although we had the company car, i took it for a blast, a 1.2 or 1.4 clio 2009 reg beast, completely s**te and slow! no power, anywhere! i can walk faster then that.. lol...

but you guys think its the sensor in the fuel nozzle thingy? it doesnt happen to my 172 ?

+ no i havnt tried filling the car up, im going to try it see if its just @ 'a woman thing' and there useless :p

it's your girlfriend I'm afraid. don't worry every male on here can relate. go to her and repeat the following:- "woman, the issue when putting fuel in the car is down to your own stupidity. it's not the car, it's not the pump, it's you. got that?!?"

my missus cannot stop at a round number when filling up (eg £10.00 it's always £10.03 or something) and when I'm stood at the till with a tenner and the assistant says ten pounds and three pence please, I feel a right tool.

172 SPORT PH2
it's your girlfriend I'm afraid. don't worry every male on here can relate. go to her and repeat the following:- "woman, the issue when putting fuel in the car is down to your own stupidity. it's not the car, it's not the pump, it's you. got that?!?"

my missus cannot stop at a round number when filling up (eg £10.00 it's always £10.03 or something) and when I'm stood at the till with a tenner and the assistant says ten pounds and three pence please, I feel a right tool.

hahaha quality!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

FLOL!!! Me and my wife do exactly that!! Silly cow!

Crappy work hire car
I think every woman does that! It's like they do it on purpose to make us look like tw@s lol.

Renault Twingo TCE

Any ideas

cheers
I have a Twingo TCE with the same problem. Can't refuel....pump cuts off after just 3p's worth, and even if patient won't take more than three quarters of a tank. It has been diagnosed as an anti-splash valve stuck shut. It is not an item that can be serviced, and therefore car needs a new tank! And there aren't any! Renault are helping, but no timescale yet.