ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pre New year meet 28th December

Anyone up for one final meet before the new year? Food, photos and maybe karting if it's open or something along those lines?

Depending on who's up for it will depend on where we meet, i.e - If Richy/Dan/Lawrence etc.. Can't make it then we could meet a bit further south, like Tavistock and head through dartmoor again. If not then meet at Barn owl and go from there.
@McGherkin @Lawro @Ed.200 @The Fatty @plymcl172 @Stopherson @Richy182. Danlp6 @VikkiB @Shifty. @TomSx Dan,

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I have a small plan.

I'd also like to contact Haynes about their test track, it used to be possible to hire it and was £75 per person. The museum's pretty good too.

And I would need to take deposits.

I did a test there with the single seater before, we were basically left with the keys to the track for a day.

Last edited:
Never heard of it, I'll have a look tomorrow. Sounds like a good idea though! (If the weather holds up)

While you're here The Fatty , What lens did you have on your camera last time? I swear you had a fisheye on it?

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Never heard of it, I'll have a look tomorrow. Sounds like a good idea though! (If the weather holds up)

While you're here @The Fatty , What lens did you have on your camera last time? I swear you had a fisheye on it?

no it wasn't a fish-eye, its the Nikon 18-105mm ED VR IF aspherical lens :)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
Ah I'll have to look into that, I'm torn between a prime and a fisheye!

That's asking a bit much there Callum! Lol

I ordered one of those f1.8 m42 mount lens, cost me £26 in total with a ring adapter (which has an extra glass to allow infinite focusing) :) Should provide me a a few hours fun when it comes at the end of the week! First thing I will be doing it stripping it down, giving it a good clean and oiling the blades :D

I ordered one of those f1.8 m42 mount lens, cost me £26 in total with a ring adapter (which has an extra glass to allow infinite focusing) :) Should provide me a a few hours fun when it comes at the end of the week! First thing I will be doing it stripping it down, giving it a good clean and oiling the blades :D
Ah cool! They give some decent results as long as the glass is nice and clean, it's a nice break from autofocus and makes you work for a decent pic. You'll have to show me how to do that, I can't figure out how to get the things apart!
It sort of worked lol.
No way!? She must get a notification or something.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Track's out of action until May/June. But that'll be a meet for next year ;)

I would've said a carvery or meal in Plymouth but we pretty much do that every month anyway.

Howsabout just going out on the piss?

Track's out of action until May/June. But that'll be a meet for next year ;)

I would've said a carvery or meal in Plymouth but we pretty much do that every month anyway.

Howsabout just going out on the piss?

But you don't drink and I'd feel guilty trying to stand and hold an understandable conversation.

Oh just to let you know, Dan is tee total however this works well for me as I get a free taxi.

Just a thought there is a quad biking place along A38 which can be seen from M5 near Exeter you can see it when driving from Taunton direction south. Could be interesting and a change from go karting, plus last time I did this Dan kicked everyone's ass and came first on someone's birthday ritual go karting evening lol. X

PB Clio 172
I should be up for the meet whatever happens never been a fan of anything shooting lol

see what happens as work atm is manic and don't know my days off over xmas yet

Clio 172 turbo
Bowling could be a good bet... User friendly on everyone and indoors! Or we could hit arcades or something similar... X

I always lose lots of money in arcades trying get them silly tokens to get the stupid prizes lol. But I'm game for bowling.

Clio 182 Cup
Quad biking would be amazing in winter! I'd be up for that. Bowling also sounds good. As does paintballing but that is more of a summer activity!

Clio 182 Cup
Thinking bigger and further ahead would anyone be up for a holiday or weekend away? Down to Newquay camping or even abroad? Car related or not? Run to the sun? Board masters etc

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well we've got a good bowling alley here in Plymouth, but I don't know if the likes of Shifty., VikkiB / Danlp6, Richy182. and so on would be willing to travel this far. There is a bowling alley in Exeter too.

Quadbiking is even worse for getting soaked in freezing mud than paintball lol, but both of those can be organised during the summer ;)

Oh, and Lee, you've tried to beat me in LFS and failed miserably, good luck ;)

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Thinking bigger and further ahead would anyone be up for a holiday or weekend away? Down to Newquay camping or even abroad?

Yeah, I definitely want to get a camping trip done next year. Be f**king epic, and I really don't use my tent enough so gives me an excuse to get it out again.