ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172.......

After borrowing my bf's (Dan@SJM) Monaco 172 with 197 cams for a wee while my boss decided it was too loud and not as professional looking as he liked......

So being a little sceptical about purchasing a new car after selling my 2011 Ford KA, I am a Ford girl at heart. I knew I wanted some performance along with reasonable MPG. Comfort is also a must as I spend a lot of time in the car going to and from appointments.

So I took the leap and went with the pearl black 172 from JamesEP400. Bought it with known gearbox issues, so it's getting the gearbox from the Monaco I had been driving.

Today gearbox replacement commenced......
null_zps4fc88ee0.jpg

Apparently this was the issue...
null_zps0611e09f.jpg

Having a thorough check over....
null_zps37c3719d.jpg

Its nearly finished, Dan had enough by 8pm this evening and KFC was calling.

I expect you'll see her around. She's all over the place!

A few bits an pieces needed, I've seen it's got evidence of an AC leak by the compressor, I haven't had chance to CLiP it yet to see if we have any refrigerant pressure, I shall do today.

It's dephaser is just starting to rattle, so that's the next job in a few weeks time, I will see what is needed AC wise and do that at the same time.

2 new rear shocks, which will be Cup Items.

It's got an odd bolt in the lower strut, so that'll be replaced with a genuine item.

Sometimes being a perfectionist works...... And other times it adds more money and time to a project!

The one thing I want working most is the AC and ideally a radio, think I might get a bit bored without any music.

Dog Nonce

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Sometimes being a perfectionist works...... And other times it adds more money and time to a project!

The one thing I want working most is the AC and ideally a radio, think I might get a bit bored without any music.

You wouldnt if you had ITBs

Hmm maybe so but I would like to keep my job therefore not rattling the boss's cage..... I would go boost!

But saying that I'll still be bored without music!

Hmm maybe so but I would like to keep my job therefore not rattling the boss's cage..... I would go boost!

But saying that I'll still be bored without music!

What is your job if you don't mind me asking? Just asking as your boss sounds like a total dick head. Surely unless he is paying for your car then it shouldn't have anything to do with him. sounds like you need a decatted Yozza :p

What is your job if you don't mind me asking? Just asking as your boss sounds like a total dick head. Surely unless he is paying for your car then it shouldn't have anything to do with him. sounds like you need a decatted Yozza :p

I am a lettings negotiator.... And I work under the boss's nose plus he knows my dad pretty well. I agree he has no say in what I drive but I would rather have life easier than being moaned at for the stickers, where its parked etc etc.....

And of course I'm a keeper and btw loved the yozza I am very upset it had to go =(

​So today the 172 was finished... Few little things needing tweaking but I'm happy enough.

Gearbox back in and engine all fitted back together.

null_zps8560af07.jpg

Looking sharp in the sun.

null_zpsc8b1c78a.jpg

null_zps1bd83e2f.jpg

​more pics will come soon, but for now time to enjoy.

I am a lettings negotiator.... And I work under the boss's nose plus he knows my dad pretty well. I agree he has no say in what I drive but I would rather have life easier than being moaned at for the stickers, where its parked etc etc.....

And of course I'm a keeper and btw loved the yozza I am very upset it had to go =(

I'm a Lettings manager, I drive a loud ph1. Though I have to admit, professionally I do sometimes wish it was quieter.

​Who do you work for?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
So your boss mentioned that he didn't like the loud car you were driving around in? Then you went and bought a permanent one?

Lols.

I'm a Lettings manager, I drive a loud ph1. Though I have to admit, professionally I do sometimes wish it was quieter.

​Who do you work for?

I work for an independent company across 7 locations in Somerset, professionally it didn't suit his desired image. It was loud and had stickers on the bumper plus the Recaro's. I wanted to save for my own anyway and I can see his point and understand why he said what he did. Just wish I had more saving time.

So your boss mentioned that he didn't like the loud car you were driving around in? Then you went and bought a permanent one?

Lols.

He asked me to remove the exhaust and have the stickers taken off.... This wasn't my car and so I respected my boyfriend wishes not to do those things. I had also sold my previous car with the intention to save for a new one but this just popped up sooner than planned. And like I said personally I would prefer to have an easier life and be able to get on with my job. I had one complaint from a company which is next to and uses the same secure car park and to get to said car park involves driving on the high street which also gets me funny looks.

I now have an easier life and quieter car plus ultimately what I wanted.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Excellent. I'm sure you realise upsetting your boss isn't how people get on in life!

Was just being nosey as I'm quite friendly with the manager of our Taunton office. I'm based up in Worcester but come to Taunton for our managers meetings.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Glad it got repaired not broken for bits.

Quite jealous you got it, I would have liked that one too!

Was just being nosey as I'm quite friendly with the manager of our Taunton office. I'm based up in Worcester but come to Taunton for our managers meetings.

all smiles this morning, it's passed the boss test. ")

Sorry chip, got there first. I am loving it!

Excellent. I'm sure you realise upsetting your boss isn't how people get on in life!

Definitely I am much happier with one less stress and improved mpg.

320D E91 Estate

I'll second that Chip, didn't want to break it at all as I think its a nice clean example and has a strong engine :D Shame you didn't have the space as it is a clean shell but you do have too many cars :p

Glad it has gone to a very good home, I've already said to Vikki if/when she sells it in years to come i'd like first refusal ;)

James lovely you will have first refusal, and chip if your interested and James doesn't want it you'll be second choice!

I promise!

Thanks though James I am loving it very much!

May even be tweaked if things go to plan! ")

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Nice to see that car go to a good home, agree that it would have been a shame to break it for parts.

When you going out on track then? haha

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Vikki... standard ph2 alloys now with some Cooksports or Prolines and it'll be perfect gal.

Welcome to PB ownership, cleaning it will be a regular thing

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
He's right - Deffo weigh those in/sell them at your local McDonalds

320D E91 Estate
James lovely you will have first refusal, and chip if your interested and James doesn't want it you'll be second choice!

I promise!

Thanks though James I am loving it very much!

May even be tweaked if things go to plan! ")

Thankyou very much, that is much appreciated :) Sad to see it go but the main thing is it didn't get broken and went to an excellent home where someone can enjoy it. Glad your loving Maverick!

Nice to see that car go to a good home, agree that it would have been a shame to break it for parts.

When you going out on track then? haha

Yeah definately Ed, much better someone had it and repaired it, just didn't make financial sense for me at this time

Apparently dan says he doesn't like alloys either! Lol too chavvy

cleaning that is not in my vocab! Haha

Yeah I agree the alloys aren't the best, bit too much shiny silver and halfords going on with them (they do sell them in halfords maybe thats why!) but I bought them really really cheap, they are pretty mint and had good tyres on them and my plan was to just keep them for track wheels and use my Turini's all the rest of the time

Or keep them for track wheels ;)
Yes that was my plan :p

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Standard + Properly clean = Winner (maybe some spacers with Cooksports/ProLines).

Honestly, that'll be a proper nice looking motor gal.