ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CSSW Camping trip

It's been talked about a few times and everyone seems happy with the idea so me and @McGherkin went out for a blast across dartmoor today and looked into the site he had shown us before, but the road or should I say gravel path was a bit rough for some peoples cars. (the lowered ones)
So we went scouting out a couple more places and ended up lost, but eventually we came across a really nice bit of land perfect for parking cars up and setting the tents up next to it.

Here's where it is on google maps - https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.6434705,-3.8814834,5506m/data=!3m1!1e3

And Since I can't pinpoint it, here's the patch of land circled on the map (courtesy of 0.00000001mph), zoomed in a bit.

13174817443_51a6b15cd7_c.png

The area has plenty of space, as you can see here -

13175345984_30ba598464_c.jpg
13175190703_19a68ccca9_c.jpg

There are some great views too, with plenty of opportunity for some decent pictures -

13175184823_4a527f5d55_c.jpg
13175070045_489e2d0737_c.jpg
13175194983_7ee4bfe964_c.jpg

And what would dartmoor be without a few of these guys?

13175074135_64526a5329_c.jpg

The date is currently set for May the 9th through to the 11th, so the friday til sunday. That may change due to people working etc...
@Dan@SJM @VikkiB @Richy182. @Lawro @The Fatty @Ed.200 @Stopherson @JamesB @piranhamatt @Dan, @Jcs @Daniel

Sorry if I've missed anyone, @McGherkin will tag you below, along with some house rules. We can't have you all running a riot now, can we?

Last edited:

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Right folks, house rules. You break 'em, you go home.

1. Look after your s**t. We pick our litter up before we go home.
2. No dragracing/handbrake turns/tw*t laps.
3. No rocking the valley with stupidly loud music/car alarms/revving your yozza at 2am. We've done our best to get away from civilisation and I'm not going to go librarian on you but there is a limit.
4. Don't try to ride the sheep. No matter how drunk you are.

Other than that, bring beer, gear, and grub, and prepare to get mildly to completely inebriated.

Hopefully on Sunday morning we'll have a breakfast run before everyone comes up onto the moors, and then stop off at The Warren House Inn for grub.

1. McGherkin
2. L33th3tr33

Hey guys, is this the same thread that's on fb? Just the dates are different. I can't make Friday due to work, but may come along with Dan to the other nights. Not sure yet, don't particularly want to be the only girl.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Facebook won't let you do events over several days.

I was planning on setting everything up on Friday night, but I suppose there's no harm in starting on Saturday.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the location is fine and falls within the Dartmoor Common area. It's next to a road but it isn't used very often, in fact it doesn't even appear on GPS.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Would have loved to have come along but unfortunately I am otherwise engaged on those dates.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Well we've had a couple of people say they can't do the dates stated, so I think we may be better off moving it to the week before, which is a bank holiday.

We've also had a suggestion from Dan@SJM that we could use his field, as opposed to the above location. Complete with heated swimming pool.

Thoughts?

There may be a limit for how many attend (parking is quite a restriction with my location) but the Easter weekend is one that wouldn't be possible as the pool will still be in winter mode lol.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
We sat there for a while, and I've been back there a couple of times since. The lane is very very rarely used, and didn't even appear on my Satnav.

Whilst I did consider going right away from a road it would either mean a) driving a lot of lowered clios offroad or b) being a long way from the cars which isn't exactly the best thing.

We're in a good spot ;)