ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

poor internet wireless connectivity

Toureg vW Transporte
Im having trouble now that i've moved my ps3 futher away from my sky wireless router, both my laptop and ps3 struggle to pick up a signal or it shows as very low, is there any kind of booster i can get?or any other ideas. Thanks in advance

Toureg vW Transporte
Its stood up cookie, theres no visible aerial on it!! arhhh, ill try and find a photo

router.jpg

Last edited:
  Mk2 MX5 1.8iS - Side
Fwiw, it's the same as mine, down in the lounge.

Got full signal upstairs on both my pc and my ps3, and iphone. Do you have a mansion?

Polo (not quite a Clio)
Wireless strength/signal is influenced by so many factors it'd be nearly impossible to pin down the problem from the details you've provided. Unfortunately being a rebranded or proprietary Sky router, it is unlikely to have any external output to attach a better antenna

Really depends how much physically mass it has to penetrate through in order to reach your laptop and PS3 - depends on the construction of your house, the materials used and the interference from other wireless networks in your neighbourhood and then the quality of the end devices.

For your PS3, being stationary - it would be best if you used wired networking to connect your PS3 to your router (if it has spare ethernet ports); reduce your latency/ping during gaming. Using a RJ45/ethernet/Cat5e/Cat6 cable.

You have a couple of options:

1) A new, compatible router with higher-standard wireless (N for example) with additional external antenna(s)
2) Relocate the wireless router until you get even signal strength throughout your house - although making sure you don't put your router on a long telephone extension cable.

Ryan