ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Please can someone help ASAP!

AUDI A5 s-sline
Right, I am removing my front coilovers. Just removed the passenger sode coilover assembly but can't seem to get the original damper /spring assembly back in. Anyone know? :(.

It just seems too long?????

Please help.

Josh

BMW 330ci
Have you got spring compressors ? You need you compress the spring then put it onto the thing ten put bolts back ln tight. Then felease the spring compressors

BMW 535d
Squeeze harder. They will go.

Make sure both front wheels are off the ground too. The lower arms both need to be relaxed to make it easy to ge the hub back onto the leg

BMW 330ci
Back into place, I remember when installing the coilovers I had my dad helping, and I had to push down on the brakes, like the disk, to be able to get the bolt holes in place.

AUDI A5 s-sline
Well I the springs that I have are slightly different to my originals, but still of a 1.2 but they seem stiffer. when tring to oust them in they are like 4inches out and I can't move the hub that far! :/.

BMW 535d
As I say make sure both wheels are off the ground. Then literally stan on the hub it hard going

AUDI A5 s-sline
Couldn't get them in had to put my coil over back in, was worried the drive shaft would come out! :/. Is that possible?

AUDI A5 s-sline
I know, just couldn't get the spring compressors in once the shock was being put back in! :/. Is it just a case of standing on the hub/ disc?

BMW 535d
YES! Ive said this mate. You need so much down force on it. AGAIN i say make sure BOTH wheels of OFF the ground.

Get a long bar and stick it through the lower arm and then get your dad to stand on that. makes it easier.

Standard suspension is harder to get on than non standard

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
both front wheels MUST be off the ground. If you don't do this you're working against the anti-roll bar. You'll also need to remove the top mount from the opposite side

AUDI A5 s-sline
Haha, I can read! :p. Im gunna have a crack at it Again tomorrow! Will it be worth removing both front coilovers before I start trying to put the originals back in?

May sound stupid (again) but what would removing the opposite top mount do? :).

Cheers guys,

Josh

BMW 535d
Just do it. Don't need science. Yea take both top mounts off and then put both too mounts back in loose. Then do them both

AUDI A5 s-sline
O yeah, I did have my car on axel stands, both front wheels off the car.

I can guarantee I'll be back asking for more help, breaking something else! ;)

e92 330i
I had this prob to, just whiped the tracking rod ends off an used a crowbar between the subframe and wishbone to lever the hub down. Worked a treat!