ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic request: ph1 172 with HID's

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
looking for a set of hid's for the 172 as the standard headlights are pants, dont want anything blue or chavvy just similar to ph2 xenons, anyone got any pics of what they look like and what sort of difference they make at night?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Only got a daytime pic, 6000k
S6300665.jpg

Titanium 182
4157911043_b4911b61e0_b.png

Mine might be up for sale after this weekend if you're interested.

They are a lot brighter at night.

Evo 6, E92 320d
The brightness against the std bulbs is brilliant, the distance of the light goes much further aswell.

Lots of Alfas
Ive got a 6k kit fitted to my car, very pleased with them, as they are optical lens they are not blinding and look oem. They look a bit weird on with standard sidelights but you can get sidelights that have more of a white or blue tint. Ill see if I can take a pic. Make sure you strap down the ballasts somewhere as you dont want one falling in the aux belt area!!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
awesome thats what i wanted to hear, find it quite hard driving when cars are coming towards me and i cant use full beam, maby its just because im used to the xenons on the diesel with a higher ride height

Titanium 182
If you fancy mine and I can find my old sidelights I would throw in my white LED ones free... But yeah I will pm you after the weekend.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
as far as im aware unless fitted with auto leveling and washers then mot fail but most get thru anyway, or simply swap over, not sure how anal the speed cops are on it

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm, I see a few cars on the way from work with HIDs and they're very bright and clearly look illegal. So to get legal it'd be similar rigmarole to xenons.

Titanium 182
I set my cars headlight level to 0 with my 6000k HID's and I never get flashed etc for them being too bright but I used to have it one "1" and I got flashed all the time.

ph1 black 172
I set my cars headlight level to 0 with my 6000k HID's and I never get flashed etc for them being too bright but I used to have it one "1" and I got flashed all the time.

not really sure how this works as if you have it on 1 then it lowers the light beam to the road. same as 4 makes it even lower

Titanium 182
not really sure how this works as if you have it on 1 then it lowers the light beam to the road. same as 4 makes it even lower

Aye I know it's for when the back goes down (eg towing) the front comes up to it's to compensate. But that's when they've always flashed me :rasp:

Phase 1 Clio 172
what bulb fitment is the clio ones?
i have some hid's in the golf H7 fitent if they are same i will put the HID's in the clio since the golf is off road.

BG 182 FF
yeah i think as long as you have projector lenses and a sensible choice in HID's *cough* unlike gaz *cough* then your fine ;)

HIDs look amazing with the PH1's projector lenses :cool:

Much better than the usual glare you get with reflector lenses. Not sure about 8000k though??

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
why do people run hids with yellow sidelights? looks terrible - take em out ffs!

clio williams, Ph1 172
If anyone wants a set I have a good supplier for these, have them in my own car. I have 8K in mine, but kinda wish I went for 6k now, they are really blue but the 6k are brighter.
I can get them for £49 posted for the phase 1 172.
Never have any bother with mine. You should really have washers for the headlights legally, but just make sure you keep the lenses clean and you won't have any bother.

They are so easy to fit too, took me 10 mins lol.