ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

pic request: ph1 172 with HID's

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Slightly off topic but is there any way to improve 1*2 xenons other than ditching them for some halogens + hids?
Just wanting an improvement in night time visibilty, 1*2 xeneons are pants out of town....

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member

DSC_0548.jpg

DSC_0545.jpg

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Halfway through fitting them on my old car. It now has matching sidelights but this is a decent comparison pic I think. And as Dave says they are 6000k, 8000k are too blue imo

Image020.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Slightly off topic but is there any way to improve 1*2 xenons other than ditching them for some halogens + hids?
Just wanting an improvement in night time visibilty, 1*2 xeneons are pants out of town....

Erm. The Xenons in your 1*2 are HID's.

They're D2S/R fitment. 4300k is the OE temperature.

I have 8000k in my 182 and they're brilliant.

282fca17.jpg

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Research fail on my part.
Bit steep ain't they, best place to buy? Need to stick to a known brand like Philips or Osram?

Fabia VRS & Yeti
I wouldn't trust myself to do this and wouldn't want to pay out twice for the labour because I bought cheap bulbs in the first place though!

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Halfway through fitting them on my old car. It now has matching sidelights but this is a decent comparison pic I think. And as Dave says they are 6000k, 8000k are too blue imo

Image020.jpg
Got any pictures of your matching sidelgihts? I havnt been able to find any that are actually white! They're either yellow or blue :(

Lower "k" bulbs are brighter, so if it's purely improved lighting you're after then 4300k is the brightest, fact. 6000k, 8000k, etc are NOT as bright.

HIDs direct do a 50w kit with a choice of bulbs, and it's superb - about 3 times the lumens (light) output of a regular 35w halogen bulb. Got a 50w 4300k kit fitted in my Z4 and it's a major improvement, no pics though.

HIDs ain't legal though unless you retrofit the self-levelling components and the washer jets, but most MOT places don't bother as long as the colour's not taking the piss.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
ordere with hids direct yesterday afternoon about 3ish and just received an email saying they will be here today between 2:10pm and 3:10pm, impressive!!