ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Photography Chat and Questions Thread

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
I've just purchased a Canon 5D MkIV - What a camera!

I'm going to use my old 6D as a second body for airshows etc this year.

Nice camera, i've not used one yet.

My Mk2 and Mk3 have both been great.

Pairing it with some nice lenses i take it?

Wish i never sold my 135mm F2 :cautious:

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Nice camera, i've not used one yet.

My Mk2 and Mk3 have both been great.

Pairing it with some nice lenses i take it?

Wish i never sold my 135mm F2 :cautious:

Currently got a 100-400 F/4L, 70-200 F/4L and a 17-40L. oh and the nifty fifty of course!

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
  Titanium 182
Currently got a 100-400 F/4L, 70-200 F/4L and a 17-40L. oh and the nifty fifty of course!

Some nice ones there.

I've got the 100-400 mk2, 70-200 F2.8 non is, 17-40 and 24-70 F2.8 mk2.

Would love a 400 F2.8 but haven't got £10k lol.

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
I'm really tempted by the 70-200 F2.8 IS but I think my wife will kill me if I purchased more camera equipment!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Quick question, Which websites are people using to print photos?
Only want a few small-ish prints doing.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
DS colour labs mainly, never had an issue with them when printing for competitions or giving to friends/family.

I've used true print for holiday 7x5's etc and never had an issue though so depends what size you are getting.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It was only 4 prints in 10x8 so went through TruPrint.

Turns out I already had an account from god knows how long ago.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Anyone here made the switch to M43 from an APSC DSLR?

I think I’m about to pull the plug on a Panasonic G80, for both stills and video. Considered the GH5, but I think the money is best spent on glass, rather than the comparatively smaller extra benefits (4K/60fps over 4K/30fps) I’d get from the GH5.

So yeah, G80 and the Panasonic 12-35 F/2.8 (which looks awesome) is what I’m 99% going for, but I thought I’d check if anyone here has done similar?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Ok I know I only just asked about who people use for printable but now I'm curious who people have used for albums?

It'll be for my wedding photos and for the £400+ our photographer wants to charge I'm sure we can get it done elsewhere for less but still be very high quality.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've had a few books from these.

They do wedding style albums. High end wedding albums aren't cheap though. I assume the £400 was with the photos in? You are probably looking close to £150-200 for an empty album, the photographer will be making on the printing.

I know a lot of people use Loxley too.

donnylad

ClioSport Club Member
Ok I know I only just asked about who people use for printable but now I'm curious who people have used for albums?

It'll be for my wedding photos and for the £400+ our photographer wants to charge I'm sure we can get it done elsewhere for less but still be very high quality.

My Wifes a wedding photographer and depending how good the album is £400 inst that much.

She charges around the same i believe but her costs would be around the 250 mark for a hand made leather album with so many pictures. Then her time designing the albums, postage, emails too and from etc.

To ask the question, how much better is the 5DS-R over the 5D mkIII?

I've seen Open Box (New) 5DS R for sale at £1499, which seems a bargain compared to the other New prices:

but that's still £500-odd more than a 5DIII in top-notch condition.

Potential usage would be weddings and social events, and some landscape stuff when on holiday, if that makes a difference.

I asked in the shop about how the R compares to the 5D Mk4 but the chap basically read the specs off the internet :rolleyes: which was not super-useful, and then suggested the EOS R could be an option - but both the EOS and the Mk4 are a shitload of money!

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Think I might sell my DSLR, Taken it with me on my last few holidays and barely used it, Think the bulk and faff of lenses etc just make it inconvenient in most cases.

Anyone know what a Nikon D60 with 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lenses, Nikon Carry bag with a few other filters and bits might be worth?

Think I might sell my DSLR, Taken it with me on my last few holidays and barely used it, Think the bulk and faff of lenses etc just make it inconvenient in most cases.

Anyone know what a Nikon D60 with 18-55mm and a 55-200mm lenses, Nikon Carry bag with a few other filters and bits might be worth?

That should list prices for each part being sold new and secondhand, so you could work some pricing round that.

172 cup
I’m looking to get a Sony 70-200f4 lense for my a6000 was wondering if anyone new the best places to shop other than eBay for second hand lenses ?

The camerapricebuster link above also has links to secondhand stuff (although I think a lot might be eBay links).

Cameraworld does do secondhand stuff.

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
I genuinely cannot remember the last time I touched mt DSLR. I remember coming across it when we were moving and going "Oh, that's where I put it"....... and it's now hidden away somewhere in the new house :rolleyes:

Anyone here made the switch to M43 from an APSC DSLR?

I think I’m about to pull the plug on a Panasonic G80, for both stills and video. Considered the GH5, but I think the money is best spent on glass, rather than the comparatively smaller extra benefits (4K/60fps over 4K/30fps) I’d get from the GH5.

So yeah, G80 and the Panasonic 12-35 F/2.8 (which looks awesome) is what I’m 99% going for, but I thought I’d check if anyone here has done similar?

Did you do the switch in the end Luke?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
@Simon_16v with the g80 I picked up the pani 12-35 f/2.8 (super sharp!) and an Olympus 60mm f2.8 macro mate. Wouldn’t actually mind trying a super fast prime pancake lens too, but to be honest the 12-35 is a perfect walkabout lens!

I think it owes me about £950 all in, which seems very reasonable considering what a similar spec’d DSLR would be.

Sounds like you've some good lens, all I have is the included 12-32 kit lens and the 25mm F1.7.

I was hoping to use it more this year but it'll be difficult over the next few months, although I'm tempted to try some astrophotography.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone shoot on vintage glass?

Lockdown boredom purchase of a D7100 to replace my dead D60 has occurred [emoji23]

Got a 35mm prime, the kit lens plus a vintage sigma 28mm and a Helios 44-2 that I found on an old Zenit in the garage

Not too hothered about manual focus etc, On the hunt for a wide angle and a tele lens now

Oh and on the hunt for a decent bag that can fit all my stuff plus my Mavic pro in, Lowepro is nice but pricey, any cheapy no brand ones that can be recommended?

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone shoot on vintage glass?

Lockdown boredom purchase of a D7100 to replace my dead D60 has occurred [emoji23]

Got a 35mm prime, the kit lens plus a vintage sigma 28mm and a Helios 44-2 that I found on an old Zenit in the garage

Not too hothered about manual focus etc, On the hunt for a wide angle and a tele lens now

Oh and on the hunt for a decent bag that can fit all my stuff plus my Mavic pro in, Lowepro is nice but pricey, any cheapy no brand ones that can be recommended?
I'd pay for a decent bag tbh.
I've got a cheap one of Amazon and although it fits my 150-500 lens in, it's not rigid enough, the seperator parts are flimsy, basically it's only good for carrying the camera and lens attached and a few other bits in the front compartment. I have a small pouch which my 24-105 lens goes in to protect that.
It wasn't cheap either for a "cheap" bag, think it was £60 odd.
When I don't take the long lens, I use my Lowepro.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
I'd pay for a decent bag tbh.
I've got a cheap one of Amazon and although it fits my 150-500 lens in, it's not rigid enough, the seperator parts are flimsy, basically it's only good for carrying the camera and lens attached and a few other bits in the front compartment. I have a small pouch which my 24-105 lens goes in to protect that.
It wasn't cheap either for a "cheap" bag, think it was £60 odd.
When I don't take the long lens, I use my Lowepro.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M27S30V/?tag=cliospnet01-21

Was eyeing up that, have lowepro bags already and they are great but the one for drone and dslr is like an extra 120 quid on top of that one

Probably will end up just getting a decent one mind you, the Protactic 350 looks ideal

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Just don't want to buy two haha, Shame my current lowepro is too small, It was ideal when I used to ride and shoot DH but it's got space for the dslr and a lens and that's it really

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Awaiting a sigma 28mm to show up tomorrow and an adaptor to use the Helios 44-2 on the new body.

D60 is destined for the bin after a faithful 12/13 years or so of service [emoji23]
bb9d6b0a2a15f556ba849e14cf698ed2.jpg

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Got a photo that’s about 15 years old and has been faded a little by the sun.

is there anyway to get it scanned and restored